Windows 10: How do i unshrink unallocated disk space if extent volume is greyed out

Discus and support How do i unshrink unallocated disk space if extent volume is greyed out in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do i unshrink unallocated disk space if extent volume is greyed out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MandyMorley, Feb 15, 2021.

1. How do i unshrink unallocated disk space if extent volume is greyed out

How do i unshrink unallocated disk space if extent volume is greyed out

:)

MandyMorley, Feb 15, 2021

2. how to unshrink a unallocated volume?

how to unshrink a unallocated volume?

Op - disk management

saurabh padhi, Feb 15, 2021
  3. how to unshrink a unallocated volume?

Hi Saurabh,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

1) Are you trying to add the unallocated system memory to an existing drive?

2) What is the make and model of your computer?

If you are trying the un-shrink the unallocated memory with an existing drive, I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

1) Press Windows key + x, and select Disk management.

2) Right click on the drive, on which you want to extent the unallocated memory.

3) Select Extent volume.

4) Follow the onscreen instruction.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Feb 15, 2021
  4. How do i unshrink unallocated disk space if extent volume is greyed out

Recover Unallocated Disk Space

Hi,DawnWilliams8

My name is Erik. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

I've looked for the details regards about your concern and kindly follow these basic steps

You can used the diskpart.

1. Open CMD (press the Windows key + R and type CMD then hit enter)

2. In CMD type: Diskpart and hit enter

3. In Diskpart type: list volume and hit enter

4. Type: select volume X (X being the drive letter of your unallocated external hard drive) then hit enter (you can find out which Drive letter is assigned by looking in Disk Management)

5. Type: "delete volume" and then hit Enter

6. Type: "list volume" and then hit enter (If the tool is not able to create a new volume, follow the steps below)

7. Type: "select volume X" and then hit Enter

8. Type: "delete volume" and then hit Enter

9.Type: "delete volume" override and then hit Enter

10. Open Disk Management and try to create a new volume on the unallocated drive and set the file system to get the unallocated hard disk repaired.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further concerns.

Regards,

Erik

Independent Advisor

EriksonBautista24, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

How do i unshrink unallocated disk space if extent volume is greyed out

1. How do i unshrink unallocated disk space if extent volume is greyed out - Similar Threads - unshrink unallocated disk

2. Cannot extend volume greyed out to merge unallocated disk space on same drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot extend volume greyed out to merge unallocated disk space on same drive: Hello,I am trying to merge 93.15 GB of unallocated disk space to my main windows drive, but the option to extend the volume is greyed out. I do not want to format both partitions as I have data on my main drive. How can I combine this unallocated disk space?Thank you...
  3. Cannot extend volume greyed out to merge unallocated disk space on same drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot extend volume greyed out to merge unallocated disk space on same drive: Hello,I am trying to merge 93.15 GB of unallocated disk space to my main windows drive, but the option to extend the volume is greyed out. I do not want to format both partitions as I have data on my main drive. How can I combine this unallocated disk space?Thank you...
  4. How do I delete a volume between an extended volume and an unallocated disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I delete a volume between an extended volume and an unallocated disk: CC There is a thing between unallocated and C drive, is there a master know how to delete it, I want to expand C drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-a-volume-between-an-extended/64b225f3-786f-4555-a0b1-42338919d993
  5. How do I delete a volume between an extended volume and an unallocated disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I delete a volume between an extended volume and an unallocated disk: CC There is a thing between unallocated and C drive, is there a master know how to delete it, I want to expand C drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-a-volume-between-an-extended/64b225f3-786f-4555-a0b1-42338919d993
  6. How do I delete a volume between an extended volume and an unallocated disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Unallocated disk space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unallocated disk space: [ATTACH] After installing Windows 10 Pro for the first time I notice that I'm missing disk D. I tried ''New Simple Volume'' on unallocated disk but doesn't work. I would appreciate your help. Thanks!...
  8. I cannot make a new volume out of unallocated space on my disk.

I cannot make a new volume out of unallocated space on my disk.: I have about 150 GB of unallocated space recently opened after deleting my second Windows. First, I was able to make it into a New Volume, although I decided to delete the volume to merge it to an existing drive. I tried the "Extend Volume" option, however, an Error popped...
  9. Extending disk volume uisng unallocated space

Extending disk volume uisng unallocated space: Hi, I used to have a Linux partition on my computer alongside Windows. I no longer need the Linux partition. For now, I want to recover the 780.75GB unallocated space left on my Disk 0 the hard drive where Windows is NOT installed in. Disk Management shows this: [ATTACH]...
  10. Unallocated Disk Space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unallocated Disk Space: I recently bought a small laptop to do admin work while out-of-town. The computer came in with a 100 MB partition allocated to Recovery. That didn't leave me enough room for a Windows upgrade. There was nothing in the partition so I created an external Recovery, deleted the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How unshrink a hardrive

2. how to unshrink a drive

3. how to unshrink drive windows 10