Windows 10: How do I update a family member's email address on my Microsoft family account?

Discus and support How do I update a family member's email address on my Microsoft family account? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I only want to update a family member's email address on Microsoft account, please can you help.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by JaneTytheridge, May 26, 2020.

1. How do I update a family member's email address on my Microsoft family account?

I only want to update a family member's email address on Microsoft account, please can you help.

:)

JaneTytheridge, May 26, 2020

2. Wrong "adult" email address used in family setup

Hi,

Try the steps below.

• Sign into http://familysafety.microsoft.com with that Microsoft account.
    • Click the Manage my family link at the bottom of the summary page.
    • Select the affected user under Family Members and click
      Remove family member at the top left of the screen.
    • At this point you should be able to add that family member to the correct (new) family.
    If the issue persist, I suggest you to create a new email address for your son and add to the family account and check.

Hope this helps. Keep posting in Microsoft Community for any further queries that you face. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, May 26, 2020
  3. Family members user accounts

For some reason the native photos app has got broken on my wife and sons user accounts (both standard accounts). I cannot fix it. On my own administrator account it works fine. There was a recent photos app update which I think is what screwed it up! Anyway I tested creating a test user account and the photos app works fine if a new account gets created. So I was thinking of deleting both their MS user accounts on my PC and creating them again.

But do I need to remove them as family members also via my outlook website login family tab before I recreate their user accounts again, they are both listed as family members on there and are associated with the PC name. Or can I just delete their user accounts and re-add them as family members on my PC without these shenanigans. It would save time as when you create a family member normally you have to then get them to login to their email and accept etc.

thanks, wayne

Scottyboy99, May 26, 2020
  4. SprouseCY Win User

How do I update a family member's email address on my Microsoft family account?

How to remove family member in a local account

I have been using my Windows 10 PC as a local account. I wanted to change my local account into a Microsoft account, through the process i have encountered a problem saying "another user on this device uses this account", I checked my PC and found my email
    under the family member list and I have no idea how to remove that family member which is also my email address.

SprouseCY, May 26, 2020
Thema:

How do I update a family member's email address on my Microsoft family account?

1. How do I update a family member's email address on my Microsoft family account? - Similar Threads - update family member's

2. Add my wife account as family member to my Microsoft family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Add my wife account as family member to my Microsoft family: I have recently created a family of myself and my duaghter . My wife had already another "family" with her account and my other's daughter account. Currently we are not able to unify/consolidate all four accounts 2 adults + 2 kids to one Microsoft family.I tried to invvite my...
  3. Add my wife account as family member to my Microsoft family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add my wife account as family member to my Microsoft family: I have recently created a family of myself and my duaghter . My wife had already another "family" with her account and my other's daughter account. Currently we are not able to unify/consolidate all four accounts 2 adults + 2 kids to one Microsoft family.I tried to invvite my...
  4. Add my wife account as family member to my Microsoft family

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Removing Family Members from Microsoft family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Family Members from Microsoft family: I need help removing family members from my microsoft family. When I try to remove an account I get this error: You can't remove XXXXX from the family group.Family members under statutory age need an adult's consent to join a family group. Only the adult that granted consent...
  6. Email address and family account.

Email address and family account.: Hi. I have a family account. My son have two accounts. I can't find the email address on one of them. I put money on this account. How can I find the email for this Microsoft account? Thank you...
  7. Email address and family account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email address and family account.: Hi. I have a family account. My son have two accounts. I can't find the email address on one of them. I put money on this account. How can I find the email for this Microsoft account? Thank you...
  8. Email address and family account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Unable to add a family member in microsoft family

Unable to add a family member in microsoft family: I am logged in with the admin account and trying to add a family member but in the family and other users option it is saying "We couldn't connect to microsoft family right now, so your family on this device might not be up to date".. Pleaase help me with this!...
  10. A family member's email account (as well as my own) is linked to my Microsoft account. How...

A family member's email account (as well as my own) is linked to my Microsoft account. How...: I have a Microsoft account with my own email address associated with it. However, when setting up my wife's laptop, her email address is also somehow associated with my Microsoft account as well. How do I disassociate her email account from my MS account so that she can use...