Windows 10: How do I update Directx12?

Discus and support How do I update Directx12? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I want to play roblox but an error says that I need directx10 or higher. I have directx12 and i am unable to play do i have to update it? what should i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by VserSG, Jul 27, 2023.

  1. VserSG Win User

    How do I update Directx12?


    I want to play roblox but an error says that I need directx10 or higher. I have directx12 and i am unable to play do i have to update it? what should i do?

    :)
     
    VserSG, Jul 27, 2023
    #1
  2. 3Colors Win User

    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

    Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

    Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond How do I update Directx12? :) Best regards.


    And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.
     
    3Colors, Jul 27, 2023
    #2
  3. What's the problem with Directx12?

    Hi Microsoft. I have dire question that needs addressing.

    "What's the problem with Microsoft Directx 12 API as far as compatibility issues?"

    Directx12 as we know has been around 5 years since the release of Microsoft 10. No matter what graphics card is used or what configurations are set, when Directx12 API is loaded, regardless of what type of game is played, it always crashes. Frozen screen.

    Over the years, there have been countless gaming forums on the internet of thousands of gamers having the same issue; no one has ever gotten Directx12 to work in any game successful ever.

    With a 2080 TI, I can't even enable raytracing without Directx12 in Control by 505 games. Like everyone else, with Directx12, the issue has gone on for years.

    So my question is:

    1.why is why is Directx12 offered in games if no one can use it?

    2. Does Microsoft have any knowledge of this issue?

    I will send this message to NVIDIA as well. I want to get to the bottom of this. Thank you for reading and understanding the issue. Please respond whenever possible.
     
    Good Monty, Jul 27, 2023
    #3
  4. How do I update Directx12?

    how to download directx12 in windows 10?

    Original Title: directx12

    how download directx12 windows 10?
     
    NatanaelRicko, Jul 27, 2023
    #4
Thema:

How do I update Directx12?

Loading...
  1. How do I update Directx12? - Similar Threads - update Directx12

  2. Microsoft Releases the Windows 11 2026 Update, Version 26H2, as a Small Enablement Package

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Releases the Windows 11 2026 Update, Version 26H2, as a Small Enablement Package: Microsoft has released the Windows 11 2026 Update, also known as Windows 11 version 26H2, as announced on September 29 in a Windows Experience Blog post by John Cable, Vice President of Product Management for Windows Servicing and Delivery. The update is available now for...
  3. Microsoft Confirms Windows 11 Updates Cause Black Screens After Sign-In on Some Devices

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Confirms Windows 11 Updates Cause Black Screens After Sign-In on Some Devices: Microsoft has confirmed that recent Windows 11 updates can leave some devices on a black screen after sign-in, with the desktop session failing to load, according to a new entry on the Windows release health dashboard. The issue affects Windows 11 versions 24H2, 25H2, and...
  4. Microsoft Pauses KB5002907 After the Update Deactivates or Removes Office 2016 and Office 2019

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Pauses KB5002907 After the Update Deactivates or Removes Office 2016 and Office 2019: Microsoft has paused the rollout of KB5002907, an optional update for out-of-date Microsoft 365 Apps installations, after reports that it deactivated or, in some cases, completely removed perpetual Microsoft Office 2016 and Office 2019 installations on Windows PCs. The...
  5. Microsoft Fixes File History Backup Failures Caused by September Windows Updates

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Fixes File History Backup Failures Caused by September Windows Updates: Microsoft has fixed a known issue that stopped the File History backup feature from working on some Windows PCs after the September 2026 security updates were installed. The fix ships in the optional KB5124010 and KB5124006 cumulative updates for Windows 11, according to...
  6. Microsoft Confirms September Windows 11 Updates Break Always On VPN Connections

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Confirms September Windows 11 Updates Break Always On VPN Connections: Microsoft has confirmed that the security updates for Windows 11 which are scheduled for September 2026 may cause Always On VPN connections to fail, leaving the affected devices unable to access corporate networks. The company mentioned the issue in a Windows release health...
  7. Microsoft Releases Emergency Windows Updates to Fix Remote Desktop Services Failures

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Releases Emergency Windows Updates to Fix Remote Desktop Services Failures: To deal with the Remote Desktop Services (RDS) failures caused by the September 2026 security updates, as well as with Hyper-V and USB audio problems on certain versions of Windows, Microsoft has issued emergency out-of-band Windows updates. The September 2026 security...
  8. September Windows Server Updates Break Remote Desktop Services Across 2019, 2022, and 2025

    in Windows 10 News
    September Windows Server Updates Break Remote Desktop Services Across 2019, 2022, and 2025: Windows administrators have reported that the September 2026 cumulative updates are leading to failures of Remote Desktop Services (RDS) on Windows Server 2019, 2022, and 2025, which stops users from being able to connect and, in a number of instances, necessitates a hard...
  9. How do I update Directx12?

    in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I update Directx12?: I want to play roblox but an error says that I need directx10 or higher. I have directx12 and i am unable to play do i have to update it? what should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-update-directx12/d2d34a6a-e472-49f0-b01c-dcd02a088e40
  10. How do I update Directx12?

    in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I update Directx12?: I want to play roblox but an error says that I need directx10 or higher. I have directx12 and i am unable to play do i have to update it? what should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-update-directx12/d2d34a6a-e472-49f0-b01c-dcd02a088e40