Windows 10: How do I update MS Mail to latest version?

Discus and support How do I update MS Mail to latest version? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do I update MS Mail to latest version?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DonWoodcroft, Jun 17, 2020.

1. How do I update MS Mail to latest version?

How do I update MS Mail to latest version?

:)

DonWoodcroft, Jun 17, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. How do I update MS Mail to latest version? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jun 17, 2020
  3. stevehero Win User
    error 0x8007042b when adding a Yahoo Mail account to MS Mail App

I went this route and added passwords for yahoo mail. I might try this method above to get gmail to buck up! *Tongue

@Bastet, this is probably what you were referring to the whole time.

YAHOO MAIL FIX
    2FA needs to be enabled which it already was and just follow these steps below.

1. In yahoo mails account security, click on manage app passwords.

How do I update MS Mail to latest version? [​IMG]

2. After selecting other app and entering the new app name in the text box

3. Now, in Windows 10 mail app, add this type of account.

4. In Windows 10 mail app, enter your details and the password generated by step 2.

Fully functional mail app again.

GMAIL FIX

Now similar steps to setting up Gmail. Here I'll only go through the Gmail steps as Windows Mail App setup is the exact same.

Follow this jpeg below, all steps are merged as there's a 5 attachment limit.

- - - Updated - - -

I've edited it to show the solution for Gmail also.

stevehero, Jun 17, 2020
  4. Bastet Win User

error 0x8007042b when adding a Yahoo Mail account to MS Mail App

Yes, once 2-factor authentication is enabled you should then create the app specific password & enter it instead of the account password.

Bastet, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I update MS Mail to latest version? - Similar Threads - update Mail latest

2. How do I update windows to the latest version?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I update windows to the latest version?: I am currently using a windows 10 version 2004. I saw that it dose not receive any more updates but I dont know how to upgrade it to the latest version if someone can explain to me it I will be very grateful.Specs:Amd Ryzen 5 3400GNvidia GTX 1050 ti16 Gb Ram...
  3. How do I update windows to the latest version?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I update windows to the latest version?: I am currently using a windows 10 version 2004. I saw that it dose not receive any more updates but I dont know how to upgrade it to the latest version if someone can explain to me it I will be very grateful.Specs:Amd Ryzen 5 3400GNvidia GTX 1050 ti16 Gb Ram...
  4. How do I update windows to the latest version?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Should I update to a latest version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Should I update to a latest version: Hello, I have 4 GB ddr3 ram, intel core i5 3rd gen processor with intel hd graphics card. I run windows version 1511 and it runs good and fast in my computer and now i am thinking of switching to the latest version 20H2. So after updating will it turn my pc slow or it...
  6. Still on 1909 - how do I get the latest version?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Still on 1909 - how do I get the latest version?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/hotttpockets [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lgiu9g/still_on_1909_how_do_i_get_the_latest_version/
  7. importing .vcf contacts into MS Mail - how do I?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    importing .vcf contacts into MS Mail - how do I?: I have my MS Mail pointed to my Yahoo account. I need to import contacts from here C:\Users\cechi\Contacts - how do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importing-vcf-contacts-into-ms-mail-how-do-i/f912bfd9-4d93-4633-a8aa-d859ab1b308d"
  8. Latest MS Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Latest MS Update: Hello, Sr, Citizen now, and not too sharp with this "stuff," so please bear with me a bit. MS, again, has done an automatic update without my giving permission. Hate when they do this; usually messes up something, invariably. a. Not sure what this latest rev number is, but...
  9. How to update to latest win10 version

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to update to latest win10 version: When I try to update it gets just so far and then a message pops up telling me that Avira AntiVir has to be uninstalled because it is not compatible with Win10. When I attempt to uninstall the Avira it gets very, very close to doing so, but then freezes and will never...
  10. Latest Version Of Mail & Calendar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest Version Of Mail & Calendar: Latest Version Of Mail & Calendar Ready in Windows Store Ready to Download and Update Version 17.6769.407910 All went in ok 46515