Windows 10: How do I update my laptop's BIOS

Discus and support How do I update my laptop's BIOS in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a HP laptop that needs a BIOS update. The model is m1-u001dx. I've tried using the assistant made by HP but the BIOS version stays the same. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RearMisser, Nov 7, 2019.

1. How do I update my laptop's BIOS

I have a HP laptop that needs a BIOS update. The model is m1-u001dx. I've tried using the assistant made by HP but the BIOS version stays the same. Is there any other way to update it?

:)

RearMisser, Nov 7, 2019
  2. malware Win User

Alienware Area 51 m15x BIOS Update Released

If you were among the group of people experiencing overheating issues with your Alienware Area 51 m15x laptop, then there are some good news for you. A new BIOS update, version X29b P3A30 is now available. The update allegedly allows VGA fans to increase up to 5400 rpm and thus better cool the GPU. To obtain the new BIOS, you'll need to email the m15x support line (L: Area51_m15x@alienware.com). In reply you should receive a link to the BIOS .zip archive. Once you download the small file, Alienware recommends to follow the steps described in the Read full story marker.

Open Nero Ultra Edition, click Backup, and then click “Burn Image to Disc.” Next, select the file “m15x_x29b.iso from the unzipped folder.

• Plug your AC adapter in
    • Disconnect all third-party peripherals
    • Don’t turn off the computer or restart it during the update
    • Don’t eject your DVD/Blu-ray drive during the update.
    Steps:
    • Open BIOS by tapping F12 during boot
    • Set BIOS to boot from your CD-ROM drive first
    • Save and exit
    • Upon reboot, the BIOS flash update will proceed
    • Click “Yes” through the prompts
    • Restart
    Source: LAPTOP Magazine

malware, Nov 7, 2019
  3. BAGZZlash Win User
    MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, Nov 7, 2019
  4. How do I update my laptop's BIOS

bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

How do I update my laptop's BIOS

1. How do I update my laptop's BIOS - Similar Threads - update laptop's BIOS

2. How do i fix my corrupted bios?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i fix my corrupted bios?: I recently updated my bios l, i feel like its the wrong version for my computer and my computer got brick. Do you guys have a solution to this? Its a HP LAPTOP 15-bs1xx and i also tried all the bios recovery utility and the windows + B is not working....
  3. Do i need to update my BIOS?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do i need to update my BIOS?: Hi there,this is a problem i've been having of late that is not constant but rather intermittent.Basically, turned the machine on a few weeks back, nothing appeared on screen, just the "No Signal" message.It happened the day after i had updated to Nvidia driver 496.76 update...
  4. Do i need to update my BIOS?

Do i need to update my BIOS?: Hi there,this is a problem i've been having of late that is not constant but rather intermittent.Basically, turned the machine on a few weeks back, nothing appeared on screen, just the "No Signal" message.It happened the day after i had updated to Nvidia driver 496.76 update...
  5. Do i need to update my BIOS?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. How do I update BIOS?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I update BIOS?: Hello.I'm using a computer with BIOS A03. If I want to upgrade to a new processor like AMD, do I need to update the BIOS? how do I update it?And if I update the BIOS, does it corrupt and slows down my computer.I'm using a Dell Optiplex 2009 version, Optiplex 760I'm afraid...
  7. How do I update BIOS?

How do I update BIOS?: Hello.I'm using a computer with BIOS A03. If I want to upgrade to a new processor like AMD, do I need to update the BIOS? how do I update it?And if I update the BIOS, does it corrupt and slows down my computer.I'm using a Dell Optiplex 2009 version, Optiplex 760I'm afraid...
  8. How do I update BIOS?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. How do I update my BIOS?

How do I update my BIOS?: Dear All, I am totally new to BIOS upgrading so please ignore if my question sounds too stupid. My current BIOS version is v1708- 24/10/2013. When I checked my mobo's support site, i found that there are at least 6 versions of the BIOS that got released after v1708- the...
  10. How can I update my BIOS?

How can I update my BIOS?: After the Fall Creators Update, my mom's PC (The 2nd PC under my Specs) has been having issues. When I shut it down, it acts as if its restarting whenever I press the power button to power it back up again. It has an American Megatrends BIOS. I looked up their beep codes,...