Windows 10: how do i update my router/modom

Discus and support how do i update my router/modom in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; how do I update my Motorola router/modem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by monteboy713, Dec 8, 2019.

1. how do i update my router/modom

how do I update my Motorola router/modem

:)

monteboy713, Dec 8, 2019
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Dec 8, 2019
  3. DNS problems with router

A couple suggestions I have for you:

Update the firmware on the router. Maybe it's getting into a badstate, and a firmware update might fix it. Or if you're comfortable with it, install a custom firmware like dd-wrt. Just make sure its supported on your router first.

Change your DNS to: 8.8.8.8, 4.2.2.1. Might help.

If none of these work, maybe statically set your DNS on your PS3/PC to the IPs you listed, taking the router out of the lookup procedure.

Last option, is look for a new router.

Hybrid_theory, Dec 8, 2019
  4. Gino Des Win User

how do i update my router/modom

wireless conection to router

Hi,

To better assist you, we would like to know the following information:

• Are you able to see the router's name in the wireless networks list?
    • Are you able to connect to the router but unable to connect to the Internet?
    • Do you receive any error message when connecting to the router? If yes, what is the exact error message that you receive?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Network troubleshooter, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands,
    Temporarily turn off firewalls
    and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

how do i update my router/modom

1. how do i update my router/modom - Similar Threads - update router modom

2. how do i fix my router

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i fix my router: its been happening over and over again and im so tired of it every time i would connect to the internet its fine for just a second, then after like 10 seconds it would only say one network and all the other networks would just disappear and i would have no internet, i tried...
  3. how do i fix my router

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i fix my router: its been happening over and over again and im so tired of it every time i would connect to the internet its fine for just a second, then after like 10 seconds it would only say one network and all the other networks would just disappear and i would have no internet, i tried...
  4. how do i fix my router

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. routerlogin.net : How do I log into my 192.168 0.1 router IP?

in Windows 10 Customization
    routerlogin.net : How do I log into my 192.168 0.1 router IP?: Experts recommend users change the MTU Maximum Transmission Unit of the Netgear router’s connection when a user is experiencing a slow data connection problem or a sudden loss in the Wi-fi connection issue. Make sure you are having full knowledge of the MTU before making any...
  6. How do I monitor what ips my "router" is connecting to?

How do I monitor what ips my "router" is connecting to?: I know how to see what ip's my PC is connecting to. I want to do the same for my router. (Lynksys EA2700) In my router control panel I block specific ips for specific devices, and I have static ip's for every device on my home network. What I'm trying to accomplish is to...
  7. How do I split chromebooks into seperate entries in router?

How do I split chromebooks into seperate entries in router?: I'm using a Cisco Lynksys EA2700 router. All my devices are setup with static ip's except for the 2 School Chromebooks the kids have that use Wi-Fi. I can not access the systems settings on those to setup static ip's so I set up DHCP reservations for them in the router and...
  8. How Do I Access My Router?

How Do I Access My Router?: What address do I enter in order to access my router? I tried 127.0.0.1 and 1.92.0.0.1. But they dont work Any suggestions? 127068
  9. How Do I Access My Router?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Do I Access My Router?: What address do I enter in order to access my router? I tried 127.0.0.1 and 1.92.0.0.1. But they dont work Any suggestions? 127068
  10. how do i connect to router via cable?

how do i connect to router via cable?: how do I connect my laptop to my wireless router via a cable? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/how-do-i-connect-to-router-via-cable/f2d95c58-3c97-4ee3-bccc-860cfae08681