Windows 10: how do i update my windows 8.1 to latest if it wont let me update

Discus and support how do i update my windows 8.1 to latest if it wont let me update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was given my computer and its at 8.1 and just got a windows 10 disk but it wont let me download it until its updated to the latest version. is there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jazlyn 107805JL, Mar 25, 2023.

1. how do i update my windows 8.1 to latest if it wont let me update

I was given my computer and its at 8.1 and just got a windows 10 disk but it wont let me download it until its updated to the latest version. is there a way i could update it without paying someone to do it?

:)

Jazlyn 107805JL, Mar 25, 2023

2. Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

"Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."

It was a helpful post. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, Mar 25, 2023
  3. btarunr Win User
    NVIDIA Adds Windows 8 to GeForce Driver Update Stack

AMD may have been the first to be out with drivers for its Radeon GPUs that are optimized for Windows 8 (WDDM 1.2), but NVIDIA went a step ahead of "special-releases" for its GeForce drivers, and added Windows 8 to its update stack, meaning that Windows 8 will feature in the list of operating systems to pick from, to download drivers. NVIDIA will constantly update these drivers along with mainline releases for Windows 7/Vista and XP. The latest such driver is 296.17. This driver supports GeForce and Quadro GPUs, and according to NVIDIA, is a quick-update over 295.73 WHQL, with the addition of performance optimization for Blacklight: Retribution.

how do i update my windows 8.1 to latest if it wont let me update 152a_thm.jpg

Source: VR-Zone

btarunr, Mar 25, 2023
  4. user33331 Win User

how do i update my windows 8.1 to latest if it wont let me update

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Mar 25, 2023
Thema:

how do i update my windows 8.1 to latest if it wont let me update

1. how do i update my windows 8.1 to latest if it wont let me update - Similar Threads - update latest wont

2. how do i update my windows 8.1 to latest if it wont let me update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i update my windows 8.1 to latest if it wont let me update: I was given my computer and its at 8.1 and just got a windows 10 disk but it wont let me download it until its updated to the latest version. is there a way i could update it without paying someone to do it?...
  3. Updating to 11. Wont let me enable TPM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updating to 11. Wont let me enable TPM: I just bought a new iBUYPOWER PC. I'm trying to upgrade to Windows 11 but I cannot get the TPM to enable. I've tried several ways, followed the instructions online including going directly into the bios but it just won't let me. Advice?...
  4. Windows 10 Not letting me update to the latest Version On Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Not letting me update to the latest Version On Windows: Hello, I Want to Upgrade but for some reason It will keep on saying This when i kept on checking for updates. "No Updates Needed" So I'm hitting a brick wall... Is This Some Hoax? Please Fix this....
  5. Windows 10 Not letting me update to the latest Version On Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Not letting me update to the latest Version On Windows: Hello, I Want to Upgrade but for some reason It will keep on saying This when i kept on checking for updates. "No Updates Needed" So I'm hitting a brick wall... Is This Some Hoax? Please Fix this....
  6. Windows 10 Not letting me update to the latest Version On Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. wont let me download update

wont let me download update: There were problems downloading some updates, but we’ll try again later. If you keep seeing this, try searching the web or contacting support for help. This error code might help: 0x80070002 Everytime i try update i get this error i need help...
  8. Windows update errors wont let me install new updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows update errors wont let me install new updates: I've been having this problem for weeks now. I have tried to reset my pc multiple times but the issues keep reoccurring. Multiple errors after errors in windows update. i checked the trouble shoot and it came with this: [ATTACH]...
  9. Windows update errors wont let me install new updates

Windows update errors wont let me install new updates: I've been having this problem for weeks now. I have tried to reset my pc multiple times but the issues keep reoccurring. Multiple errors after errors in windows update. i checked the trouble shoot and it came with this: [ATTACH]...
  10. Windows Wont Let Me Update Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Wont Let Me Update Driver: I use Driver Easy to update my drivers. Today it had 2 Realtek drivers that needed updating. One updated without problem. The other won't update. What I mean to say is windows won't let me update. It says the best driver is already installed. How can I force windows to accept...