Windows 10: How do I upgrade an Un-activated Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro using an OEM key

Discus and support How do I upgrade an Un-activated Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro using an OEM key in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I've recently bought a new PC and Windows 10 didn't come activated. However, I was lucky enough to have a friend who gave me a Windows 10 Pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by OngWei Ze, Nov 12, 2019.

1. OngWei Ze Win User

How do I upgrade an Un-activated Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro using an OEM key

Hello, I've recently bought a new PC and Windows 10 didn't come activated. However, I was lucky enough to have a friend who gave me a Windows 10 Pro OEM key. However, I've totally forgotten that the PC came with Windows 10 Home installed. Thus I can't use the key to activate and upgrade Windows. Is there a way around this? aka 'upgrade'/change my current W10 Home OS to W10 Pro Thanks in advance!

:)

OngWei Ze, Nov 12, 2019
  2. Laurijan Win User

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

I bought Windows 7 Pro OEM key from G2Play.net for 12€ to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro - worked like a charm but be advised if you buy a OEM key you can not download the Win 7 iso from microsoft and have to get it elsewhere.

Laurijan, Nov 12, 2019
  3. qubit Win User
    Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

A Windows key for just 12 Euros? That's pirate then.

qubit, Nov 12, 2019
  4. How do I upgrade an Un-activated Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro using an OEM key

Still possible to upgrade to Windows 10

I confirm.
    Did several clean installs on laptops at work not too long ago. All had a regular consumer win7 Pro key (non-CSM). Never-ever used for upgrading or previous clean installations of Windows 10.
    Installed W10 Pro 1709. Every single key was accepted activated right away.

I think the only thing that's not available now is a Windows 10 Upgrade assistant (or whatever it's called).

silentbogo, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

How do I upgrade an Un-activated Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro using an OEM key

1. How do I upgrade an Un-activated Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro using an OEM key - Similar Threads - upgrade activated Home

2. Windows 10 Home to Pro using OEM product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Home to Pro using OEM product key: Hi All, I am upgrading my laptop hard drive from SATA to ssd, the windows version which I had got along with my laptop as oem edition windows 8.1 in these years it has been upgraded to windows 10 pro. Now I am facing issue in installing windows 10 pro in my ssd as Microsoft...
  3. Windows 10 Home to Pro using OEM product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Home to Pro using OEM product key: Hi All, I am upgrading my laptop hard drive from SATA to ssd, the windows version which I had got along with my laptop as oem edition windows 8.1 in these years it has been upgraded to windows 10 pro. Now I am facing issue in installing windows 10 pro in my ssd as Microsoft...
  4. Windows 10 Home to Pro using OEM product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Windows 10 upgrade using OEM Key to Pro

Windows 10 upgrade using OEM Key to Pro: Hi All I have a computer bought from a distributor running Win 10 Home and I want to know if it's possible for me to purchase Windows 10 Pro OEM and upgrade the Home to Pro without reinstalling it? thanks....
  6. Upgrade Win 10 Home to Win 10 pro using OEM key

Upgrade Win 10 Home to Win 10 pro using OEM key: Hello, my desktop is win 10 home edition. I just bought a win 10 pro OEM key, but I still cannot upgrade my win 10 home to pro. It is appreciated for your help....
  7. Can I use a Windows 10 Home OEM activation key on Windows 10 Home N?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I use a Windows 10 Home OEM activation key on Windows 10 Home N?: I recently bought new motherboard and CPU and reinstalled Windows 10 Home N on it and need to activate it now. I wanted to buy an oem version to spare some money, but I'm not sure about the importance of the 'N' part. Does the oem version have to be home N or can I just buy...
  8. Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro using OEM Product Key

Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro using OEM Product Key: We purchased a new computer which included an OEM Product Key for Windows 10 Pro. Rather than install Windows and then copy all the data and apps from our old computer which had Windows 10 Home, we cloned the old hard-drive to the new PC. This means the new computer is...
  9. Upgrade a Win 10 home OEM to Win 10 Pro OEM with Win 10 Pro OEM Key?

Upgrade a Win 10 home OEM to Win 10 Pro OEM with Win 10 Pro OEM Key?: I recently purchased a laptop that has an OEM version of Win 10 Home on it. I verified this by using : slmgr -dli. Previously I had purchased an OEM Win 10 Pro Key. Can I use this OEM Win 10 Pro Key to upgrade the OEM Win 10 Home to the OEM Win 10 Pro. If so what are...
  10. Windows 10 Home Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro using old windows 7 pro oem key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro using old windows 7 pro oem key: Hi all, I have a windows 10 home device but I would like to be able to use a pro version of Windows 10, I have a copy of windows 7 pro and I was wondering if the key can be used in the store to upgrade the version of windows to win10 pro. I have entered the key and it said...