Windows 10: How do I upgrade from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro, after upgrading from Win 7 Home Premium to...

Discus and support How do I upgrade from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro, after upgrading from Win 7 Home Premium to... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a 4-computer home network. 3 are upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro. The 4th is a Toshiba L775D-S7222 which upgraded from Win 7 Home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RPaul888, Feb 1, 2020.

1. RPaul888 Win User

How do I upgrade from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro, after upgrading from Win 7 Home Premium to...

I have a 4-computer home network. 3 are upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro. The 4th is a Toshiba L775D-S7222 which upgraded from Win 7 Home Premium to Win 10 Home. All are 4 computers are Build 18362, which is apparently also called 1903.

The 3 computers with Win 10 Pro can access the 2T Dynex HD hanging of a Netgear N900 Dual Ban Gigabit Router WNDR4500x2. The Toshiba can not.

The issue has something to do with the inability of the Toshiba Win 10 Home not being able to map to the 2T Dynex in Windows Explorer. The weblink that arises states the SBM1 communications software is obsolete and that SBM2 or SBM3 is required.

I have communicated with a local computer technician, who suggested upgrading to Windows 10 PRO for this machine because "there is better network support in Win 10 Pro".

Is there some reasonable "incremental price" that I could pay to upgrade the existing Win 10 HOME to PRO? Or, is there a sofware fix to eliminate my problem that would permit me to continue using Win 10 HOME?

Please suggestions & guidance on next steps will be much appreciated

Thank you very much.

Paul - RPaul888

:)

RPaul888, Feb 1, 2020

2. Windows 7 Home Premium to Win 10 Pro

Currently running Windows 7 Home Premium. Although 90%+ use is business the version was selected for Media Center. With WMC going away I would like to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro rather than home. I understand the "Free" upgrade from Win 7 Home Premium is
    to Win 10 Home. Is there a path to Win 10 Pro? Free or otherwise.

White Knuckle Design, Feb 1, 2020
  3. BradK1 Win User
    Upgrade Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro with Win 7 Upgrade Key

I have a new computer with Win 10 Home installed (digital license, already activated by manufacturer, works fine). Can I upgrade to Win 10 Pro with a Win 7 Pro upgrade license? The license I have for Win 7 Pro is an upgrade version purchased from Microsoft
    (not a full install version). Additionally, the Win 7 Pro upgrade license has been previously used on a computer that has not existed for about 3 years now. If this is not possible, can I use a Win 7 Pro upgrade (not full install) license (purchased from Microsoft)
    that has NEVER been used? Thanks.

BradK1, Feb 1, 2020
  4. PackerFan Win User

How do I upgrade from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro, after upgrading from Win 7 Home Premium to...

Upgrade from Win 7 Home Premium

I Just found your site - amazing!

Planning to upgrade to Win 10 from Win 7 Home Premium. All the chat talks about Win 7 Pro and Win 10 Pro. Will the procedures be the same for my upgrade? I do have my Win 7 Product Key.

PackerFan, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I upgrade from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro, after upgrading from Win 7 Home Premium to... - Similar Threads - upgrade Home Pro

2. Upgrading from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro: I bought an upgrade from win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro in July 2020. The PC that was on has now given up the ghost and I have bought a new PC, but it came with Win 10 Home. I am trying to upgrade the new PC to Win 10 Pro, but the process goes just so far and then I get a message...
  3. Upgrading from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro: I bought an upgrade from win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro in July 2020. The PC that was on has now given up the ghost and I have bought a new PC, but it came with Win 10 Home. I am trying to upgrade the new PC to Win 10 Pro, but the process goes just so far and then I get a message...
  4. Upgrading from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how do i upgrade from win 10 home to win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do i upgrade from win 10 home to win 10 pro: how do i upgrade from win 10 to win 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-upgrade-from-win-10-home-to-win-10-pro/79422b22-dcb0-49db-8c3e-78c41d0b4cb5
  6. Upgrade from Win 7 Home Premium

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Win 7 Home Premium: I Just found your site - amazing! Planning to upgrade to Win 10 from Win 7 Home Premium. All the chat talks about Win 7 Pro and Win 10 Pro. Will the procedures be the same for my upgrade? I do have my Win 7 Product Key. 145738
  7. Upgrade from win 10 home to win 10 pro

Upgrade from win 10 home to win 10 pro: I have win 10 home come with my pc and I wont to upgrade to win 10 pro without reinstalling the win 10 image, I search a lot for cheaper key and I can't tell if the key for a lifetime or not and some product key tell me that I can't upgrade from home to pro without...
  8. upgrading from Win 10 home to Win 10 Pro

upgrading from Win 10 home to Win 10 Pro: Hi there, just bought a upgrade to PRO for my Lenovo Legion y720, purchased through Microsoft store. download and install finished without a hitch until i noticed the activate windows text appeared on my screen, then i tried to do the activate windows manually and there i...
  9. upgrading from Win 10 home to Win 10 Pro

upgrading from Win 10 home to Win 10 Pro: I am having difficulty upgrade my laptop from Win 10 home to Win 10 pro because the Win 10 home licence is a digital licence and my new Win 10 pro licence is a new Product Key licence. I have no idea that they were different. The Win 10 Pro licence is a valid genuine key but...
  10. Upgrade Win 7 Home Premium to Win 10 fails.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade Win 7 Home Premium to Win 10 fails.: It is Windows Home Premium 32 bit. The HDD has 285 GB free. I'm trying to upgrade online with the Media Creator. It gets all the way through and installs Win 10, then reboots and starts "Working on Updates" At 7% it reboots and goes back to Win 7. 111708

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can Win7 Home be upgraded to Win10 Pro