Windows 10: How do I upgrade from "windows 10 HOME" to an evaluation version of "windows 10 PRO

Discus and support How do I upgrade from "windows 10 HOME" to an evaluation version of "windows 10 PRO in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I want to try before I buy. Do I need to create an installation USB or can Iupgrade from "windows 10 HOME" to an evaluation version of "windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by free-don, Sep 7, 2021.

1. free-don Win User

How do I upgrade from "windows 10 HOME" to an evaluation version of "windows 10 PRO

I want to try before I buy. Do I need to create an installation USB or can Iupgrade from "windows 10 HOME" to an evaluation version of "windows 10 PROand downgrade back if I decide not to buy?

:)

free-don, Sep 7, 2021
  2. Frick Win User

Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, Sep 7, 2021
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 7, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

How do I upgrade from "windows 10 HOME" to an evaluation version of "windows 10 PRO

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 7, 2021
Thema:

1. How do I upgrade from "windows 10 HOME" to an evaluation version of "windows 10 PRO - Similar Threads - upgrade HOME evaluation

2. Windows 10 Home Evaluation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Home Evaluation: A customer need to perform some tests on a Windows 10 Home VM. How can they legally install a temporary Windows 10 Home VM? They can download Windows 10 Enterprise Evaluation 90 days, but they need to use Home Edition. After using the Media Creation Tool to create an .iso...
  3. How do I upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro?: How do I upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro? I need to have Folder Encryption capability which is not available on Windows 10 Home....
  4. How do I upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro?: How do I upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro? I need to have Folder Encryption capability which is not available on Windows 10 Home....
  5. How do I upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. How do I upgrade from windows home to pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I upgrade from windows home to pro: One of our team members has brought a computer that came with windows 11 home.I need to join it to our work domain so it needs an upgrade to pro.I attempted to do this according to the instructions going to settings/activation/upgrade which took me to the store.In the store I...
  7. How do I upgrade from windows home to pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I upgrade from windows home to pro: One of our team members has brought a computer that came with windows 11 home.I need to join it to our work domain so it needs an upgrade to pro.I attempted to do this according to the instructions going to settings/activation/upgrade which took me to the store.In the store I...
  8. How do I load Windows 10 Pro that was upgraded from embedded Home version?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I load Windows 10 Pro that was upgraded from embedded Home version?: I couldn't find the answer anywhere. So, after much cussing I finally figured out the answer and figured I would share. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-load-windows-10-pro-that-was-upgraded/ee3fde17-0222-43e7-8891-c1f2ca4375be
  9. Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro Version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro Version: Need some info, I had previously upgraded Window 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro, via the Microsoft Store. I reinstalled Windows 10 from my USB Drive, which I created with the Media Creation Tool, While I had Home version. After reinstalling I realized that it installed Home...
  10. Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro Version

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro Version: Need some info, I had previously upgraded Window 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro, via the Microsoft Store. I reinstalled Windows 10 from my USB Drive, which I created with the Media Creation Tool, While I had Home version. After reinstalling I realized that it installed Home...