Windows 10: How do I upgrade from Windows 7 on a Dell Desktop to Windows 10?

Discus and support How do I upgrade from Windows 7 on a Dell Desktop to Windows 10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do I upgrade to Windows 10 from a Windows 7 on a Dell Desktop Computer?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by shawnhawk1977, Mar 6, 2020.

1. How do I upgrade from Windows 7 on a Dell Desktop to Windows 10?

How do I upgrade to Windows 10 from a Windows 7 on a Dell Desktop Computer?

:)

shawnhawk1977, Mar 6, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 6, 2020
  3. btarunr Win User
    Windows 10 to be Free Upgrade for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 Users

In what could be a fundamental shift in how Microsoft monetizes its flagship product, the Windows operating system, the company decided to offer its upcoming Windows 10 as a free upgrade for existing users of Windows 8.1 and Windows 7. This offer will be applicable only for the first year following Windows 10 launch (after which, Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 users will have to pay to upgrade to Windows 10). Windows 10 will see the return of the Start Menu, a productive Desktop environment, and cutting-edge new API features such as DirectX 12.

How do I upgrade from Windows 7 on a Dell Desktop to Windows 10? 116a_thm.jpg

Source: The Verge

btarunr, Mar 6, 2020
  4. How do I upgrade from Windows 7 on a Dell Desktop to Windows 10?

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

How do I upgrade from Windows 7 on a Dell Desktop to Windows 10?

1. How do I upgrade from Windows 7 on a Dell Desktop to Windows 10? - Similar Threads - upgrade Dell Desktop

2. How do I upgrade to Windows 10 in 2023 from Windows 7?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I upgrade to Windows 10 in 2023 from Windows 7?: I realise I have long missed the time to upgrade for free to Windows 10 but I was wondering if there's still a way to do it that WORKS because I've tried some of the other ways and it never seems to work. At this point do I just have to buy Windows 10?...
  3. How do I upgrade to Windows 10 in 2023 from Windows 7?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I upgrade to Windows 10 in 2023 from Windows 7?: I realise I have long missed the time to upgrade for free to Windows 10 but I was wondering if there's still a way to do it that WORKS because I've tried some of the other ways and it never seems to work. At this point do I just have to buy Windows 10?...
  4. I need to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 ... how do I do that?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 ... how do I do that?: I need to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 ... how do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-upgrade-from-windows-7-to-windows-10-how/db1de8e5-323b-4ff2-8d8d-e387a73d5b2e
  5. I need to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 ... how do I do that?

I need to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 ... how do I do that?: I need to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 ... how do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-upgrade-from-windows-7-to-windows-10-how/db1de8e5-323b-4ff2-8d8d-e387a73d5b2e
  6. how do I upgrade from windows 7 to 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I upgrade from windows 7 to 10?: When I try to run ISO or USB, it says take out cd and restart then put in the windows 10 cd or usb file. I can't find a legit windows 7 or 8 file to start from there. Also I have a SSD drive I was using, and it suddenly went blank, then another disk drive did the same thing,...
  7. how do I upgrade from windows 7 to 10?

how do I upgrade from windows 7 to 10?: When I try to run ISO or USB, it says take out cd and restart then put in the windows 10 cd or usb file. I can't find a legit windows 7 or 8 file to start from there. Also I have a SSD drive I was using, and it suddenly went blank, then another disk drive did the same thing,...
  8. how do I upgrade from windows 7 to 10?

9. WINDOWS 10 UPGRADE FROM WINDOWS 7 - DELL T3610

WINDOWS 10 UPGRADE FROM WINDOWS 7 - DELL T3610: Hello all- I have been trying for days to upgrade from Windows 7 Pro SP1 with no luck whatsoever, following many suggestions from the Microsoft community. The upgrade always stops right before/during safe boot mode, invariably putting out this error code...
  10. how do i upgrade from window 7 to 10 for free?

how do i upgrade from window 7 to 10 for free?: how do i up great from window 7 to 10 for free??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to/ee766320-347d-46e3-b254-f8b7d1d5874a