Windows 10: how do i upgrade from windows 7 to 10 w/o admin rights

Discus and support how do i upgrade from windows 7 to 10 w/o admin rights in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; how do it without admin rights... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AnthonyMoose, Jun 8, 2019.

1. how do i upgrade from windows 7 to 10 w/o admin rights

how do it without admin rights

:)

AnthonyMoose, Jun 8, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 8, 2019
  3. Matt18 Win User
    admin rights keep disappearing!?!!

Hi guys,

I am actually having a problem at work that our IT department hasn't been able to figure out. I am supposed to be a member of the admin group. We are on a domain. The problem is that everytime I reboot the computer I loose my admin rights(no longer in the administrator group) and just become a normal user again. I have tried googling this and didn't get to many results.
    I believe IT is just giving me local admin rights, not admin rights for the whole domain.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: It is on Windows XP Pro.

Matt18, Jun 8, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

how do i upgrade from windows 7 to 10 w/o admin rights

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

how do i upgrade from windows 7 to 10 w/o admin rights

1. how do i upgrade from windows 7 to 10 w/o admin rights - Similar Threads - upgrade admin rights

2. I need to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 ... how do I do that?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 ... how do I do that?: I need to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 ... how do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-upgrade-from-windows-7-to-windows-10-how/db1de8e5-323b-4ff2-8d8d-e387a73d5b2e
  3. I need to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 ... how do I do that?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 ... how do I do that?: I need to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 ... how do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-upgrade-from-windows-7-to-windows-10-how/db1de8e5-323b-4ff2-8d8d-e387a73d5b2e
  4. how do I upgrade from windows 7 to 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I upgrade from windows 7 to 10?: When I try to run ISO or USB, it says take out cd and restart then put in the windows 10 cd or usb file. I can't find a legit windows 7 or 8 file to start from there. Also I have a SSD drive I was using, and it suddenly went blank, then another disk drive did the same thing,...
  5. how do I upgrade from windows 7 to 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I upgrade from windows 7 to 10?: When I try to run ISO or USB, it says take out cd and restart then put in the windows 10 cd or usb file. I can't find a legit windows 7 or 8 file to start from there. Also I have a SSD drive I was using, and it suddenly went blank, then another disk drive did the same thing,...
  6. how do I upgrade from windows 7 to 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. How to search Excel Files w/o Admin Right when ⒈ Windows 10...

in Cortana
    How to search Excel Files w/o Admin Right when ⒈ Windows 10...: I am looking to search Excel Files w/o resorting to programming:⒈ Why " Index Properties and File Contents" require Admin right?⒉What to do, non-programmatically, w/o Admin right?⒊ Why discrepancy user can search programmatically but not non-programmatically ?Thanks Ahead!...
  8. Windows 10 upgrade failed w/o error message

Windows 10 upgrade failed w/o error message: I ran the Windows 10 upgrade and all appeared to be normal. On the final restart the laptop would not complete a normal boot. Got a black screen with a flashing cursor in upper left corner. I had done a recovery manager backup prior to install win 7 home premium so I...
  9. Upgrade w 7 to W 10

Upgrade w 7 to W 10: Hello, Cannot upgrade w 7 to w 10 getrs locked to infinite 0 does not move even after severasl hours akso try differently by placing the ESO on the desktop and uploading after, still the same result How can this work normally ? Please hlep Thank you...
  10. how do i upgrade from window 7 to 10 for free?

how do i upgrade from window 7 to 10 for free?: how do i up great from window 7 to 10 for free??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to/ee766320-347d-46e3-b254-f8b7d1d5874a