Windows 10: how do i upgrade from windows 7 to 10 w/o admin rights

Discus and support how do i upgrade from windows 7 to 10 w/o admin rights in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; how do it without admin rights... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AnthonyMoose, Jun 8, 2019.

1. how do i upgrade from windows 7 to 10 w/o admin rights

how do it without admin rights

:)

AnthonyMoose, Jun 8, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 8, 2019
  3. Matt18 Win User
    admin rights keep disappearing!?!!

Hi guys,

I am actually having a problem at work that our IT department hasn't been able to figure out. I am supposed to be a member of the admin group. We are on a domain. The problem is that everytime I reboot the computer I loose my admin rights(no longer in the administrator group) and just become a normal user again. I have tried googling this and didn't get to many results.
    I believe IT is just giving me local admin rights, not admin rights for the whole domain.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: It is on Windows XP Pro.

Matt18, Jun 8, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

how do i upgrade from windows 7 to 10 w/o admin rights

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

how do i upgrade from windows 7 to 10 w/o admin rights

1. how do i upgrade from windows 7 to 10 w/o admin rights - Similar Threads - upgrade admin rights

2. Windows 10: Admin rights

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10: Admin rights: For some time I've been unable to save files to my "Downloads" folder for some reason, I ignored it since pretty much all other directories could work to save files. Error translates as follows: "You do not have permission to save in this location. Request permission to...
  3. How do I remove all permissions from admin?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I remove all permissions from admin?: Hi I let a tech into my computer. He left a file folder on This PC. Going thru that I see that he has permission to all my files and programs. I hope he cant get in unless I allow him but since it was a scam I have my doubts. My question is how do I get this off my...
  4. After i upgraded from Windows 7 o windows 10, my old Windows 7 boot logo still remains

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After i upgraded from Windows 7 o windows 10, my old Windows 7 boot logo still remains: After i upgraded to windows 10, i noticed that my old boot logo is still there after upgrading, rather than the Windows 10 Blue Windows logo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-i-upgraded-from-windows-7-o-windows-10-my/a0575ef5-6a63-4ccc-884a-87fa28b59fd0
  5. User ID w/admin disappeared from public Win 10 system - I've got other IDs but w/o admin....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    User ID w/admin disappeared from public Win 10 system - I've got other IDs but w/o admin....: I've suddenly lost the ID I used to set up my laptop, the one that had admin privileges. I haven't made any ID changes nor deleted any accounts. Since the remaining ID I have doesn't have admin privileges, I'm in need of assistance in recovering. I haven't personally...
  6. I have upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Home. How do I play a CD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Home. How do I play a CD?: I have upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Home. How do I play a CD? I put it in the DVD-RW file drawer; but nothing happens. VLC program says it can't read it. Windows Media Center says 'nothing'. The settings are set to start automatically. But it doesn't. It is...
  7. Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 from wiithin built-in admin acc

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 from wiithin built-in admin acc: I am beginning to think what I was told elsewhere recently may be true--that upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 FROM WITHIN THE BUILT-IN ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT may do irreparable damage to the operating system. I upgraded both my laptop and main work machine a couple of...
  8. How to upgrade W-7 laptop to W-10 without factory recovery partition?

How to upgrade W-7 laptop to W-10 without factory recovery partition?: Hello everyone. I have a fairly new Dell laptop that I installed a SSD in after cloning the original HDD. Somehow the factory recovery partition was not copied to the SSD. I have tried twice to upgrade to W-10 and each time it has failed with error message 0XC1900200....
  9. Upgrade to W 10 from W 8 NOT W 8.1

Upgrade to W 10 from W 8 NOT W 8.1: I have a silly problem. I run W 8 on my desktop computer but have never been able to upgrade to W 8.1 as I have never been able to open Windows Store, despite multiple solutions none of which have worked. The only solution of reinstalling W 8 has not appealed! I am happy with...
  10. how do I get windows 10 pro after upgrading from windows 7 ultimate

how do I get windows 10 pro after upgrading from windows 7 ultimate: Greetings After upgrading to windows 10 pro and deleting all traces of setup is there a possibility of generating/downloading/receiving a version of windows 10 pro in case of trouble? Visiting Microsoft site allows only buying since it is after July 29. thank you 67534