Windows 10: How do I upgrade my home single language to just home?

Discus and support How do I upgrade my home single language to just home? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just recently bought a new laptop with windows 10 home single language. But i need windows 10 home is better for me with multiple languages. So how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SairamKumar, May 14, 2019.

1. How do I upgrade my home single language to just home?

I just recently bought a new laptop with windows 10 home single language. But i need windows 10 home is better for me with multiple languages. So how do i upgrade my laptop to just home?

Thanks in Advance.

:)

SairamKumar, May 14, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Change system language on a single language licence

Yes it is possible to change the language on Windows 10 Single Language

Click the link below for a step by step on how to do that. That page also lists all the links for the different language packs:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/31698742/ho...

DaveM121, May 14, 2019
  3. YZV
    YZV Win User
    Windows 8.1 Single Language upgrading to Windows 10 Single Language?

Thank you for your reply.

Here is what I did:

• Fist upgrade to the version that Windows allows you to upgrade to which in my case was Windows 10 Home Single Language (at this point in Russian).
    • After upgrade, get the new product key that was assigned to your new Windows 10 Home Single Language
    • Here is the catch - the new product key will only work for this version of Windows 10 which means for any Windows Home Single Language you want. You can install a different language by making a clean install of a Windows 10 version of a different
      language and installing from ISO or USB) - see further ...
    • Open the Media Tool that Windows provides for download and create either a DVD with an ISO or a USB Flash Drive and choose the version
      WINDOWS 10 HOME SINGLE LANGUAGE
    • Choose the language you want (in my case ENGLISH).
    • Make sure you create the right version of it (32bit or 64bit)
    • Once you are done, restart your computer and let it boot by itself with the version that was on automatically (Russian) and find the product key for your version.
    • Make sure your Windows 10 was activated properly before making a clean install.
    Now you will be making a clean install so make sure you personal files are backed up.

• Open Start and enter msinfo32 and run it.
    • You will find the product key in the properties. Write it down on a piece of paper.
    • Insert the DVD or the USB drive.
    • Now shut down the computer.
    • Turn on the computer and interrupt the start up entering the option (depending on your device it will be a different key). For my HP it was ESC.
    • Choose Boot Options.
    • Let it boot from the DVD or the USB.
    • Install Windows 10 Single Language. You can find another thread here for more exact info on how to proceed with the install itself. Search for "Clean install of Windows 10".
    • Again, this will only work if you first have upgraded to Windows 10 previously.
    • Now you can either enter the product key or SKIP IT.
    • This way I got the English version of Windows 10 Home Single Language.
    Hope it helps!

4. How do I upgrade my home single language to just home?

Upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 Pro Single language and Win 8 Pro Single language.

Hello Vishnu,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about upgrading to Windows 10, we will help you to resolve this.

• Kindly let us know were you able to see any error code/ error message while upgrading to Windows 10.

I would like to inform that, Windows 8.1 single language will be upgraded to Windows 10 single language.

I suggest you to perform an Media creation toll and install Windows 10 on your computer and check.

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

For further quires on Windows 10 I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article:

Windows 10 FAQ

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, May 14, 2019
Thema:

How do I upgrade my home single language to just home?

1. How do I upgrade my home single language to just home? - Similar Threads - upgrade home single

2. How do I download windows 10 Home Single Language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I download windows 10 Home Single Language: I can't activate my windows. I tried troubleshoot and it said i need to install windows 10 Home Single Language. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-download-windows-10-home-single-language/afa2047c-31df-4332-9226-9fb4ead88ada
  3. Upgrade single language WIndows 11 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade single language WIndows 11 Home: I bought a laptop with Windows 11 Home pre-installed. We are a multi language family and I need to upgrade the current single language OS to multi language. I have no issue in buying an upgrade but can't seem to locate anyplace to purchase one. Any ideas?...
  4. Upgrade single language WIndows 11 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade single language WIndows 11 Home: I bought a laptop with Windows 11 Home pre-installed. We are a multi language family and I need to upgrade the current single language OS to multi language. I have no issue in buying an upgrade but can't seem to locate anyplace to purchase one. Any ideas?...
  5. windows home single language

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows home single language: I was trying to download windows 10 home single language and I saw a thread and I tried doing it but I there is no windows version 1703 from the options. What do I do?...
  6. Home to Single Language

Home to Single Language: I have Dell Inspirion 3505. I had Windows 10 Home Single Language. The OS got corrupted. I have to reinstall with Media Creation Tool.I cannot find ISO for WIndows 10 Home SIngle Language. I checked this link and it said i should choose Version 1703 but it does not...
  7. Windows home single language

Windows home single language: I just installed far cry 3 game, and after installation, my laptop windows 10 home single language got so many errors. Start menu not working, search process not running permanently, and even i cant open Microsoft office. Because of that, i want to reinstall or clean install,...
  8. Home Single Language packet

in Windows 10 Customization
    Home Single Language packet: Hello , how can I install a Home Single Language packet on Windows 10 ? If I want to activate my windows again after it chrashed I get the message that I should install this Single Home Language packet so how to do ?...
  9. Windows Home Single Language

Windows Home Single Language: Dear, I have new computer with windows home single language now edisyon is Windows Home Single Language Sürüm : 1903 Tarih :26/07/2019 İş Derlemesi : 18362.10024 I want to WİNDOWS HOME , CAN YOU ANSWER PLEASE Tank you Hamdi Özgün Turkey...
  10. win10 home single language

win10 home single language: How to download win10 home single language ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-home-single-language/3660cc6f-ea9e-4022-88f7-3ee228445eaa