Windows 10: How do I upgrade windows 10 home to pro if my old laptop is dead

Discus and support How do I upgrade windows 10 home to pro if my old laptop is dead in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Old laptop died and I cant get the key off of it to activate new computer to upgrade from home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Scooterific1966, May 18, 2019.

1. How do I upgrade windows 10 home to pro if my old laptop is dead

Old laptop died and I cant get the key off of it to activate new computer to upgrade from home

:)

Scooterific1966, May 18, 2019

2. Windows 10 Pro Licence from dead laptop to new laptop

Hello guys,

I need your help to solve my issue.

My Dell XPS 15z laptop is dead, which I bought with Windows 7 Pro and then Updated to Windows 8 Pro by paying for the upgrade. Then to Windows 10 Pro for free. As the laptop is dead now, I bought a new Dell XPS 15 which is having Windows 10 Home.
    Can I use the old licence to upgrade my new laptop to Windows 10 Pro, and if possible, can I use my linked Microsoft with digital entitlement, if yes how to? the old laptop HDD is good but not able to boot from it on a different machine, it's showing auto
    repair and stopping. Please help me on this issue.

TIA,

Hemanth

HemanthKodhanda, May 18, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Club

How do I upgrade windows 10 home to pro if my old laptop is dead windows-10-build-9926-png.png

So I've tried the Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview Build 9926,... So far so good i like it, it appears to already have DX12.

At list i have an old Laptop to test it on,.. it's good so far and i highly think I'll be upgrading to it day on of release.

dxdiag screen above

Protagonist, May 18, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

How do I upgrade windows 10 home to pro if my old laptop is dead

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, May 18, 2019
Thema:

How do I upgrade windows 10 home to pro if my old laptop is dead

1. How do I upgrade windows 10 home to pro if my old laptop is dead - Similar Threads - upgrade home pro

2. How do I upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro?: How do I upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro? I need to have Folder Encryption capability which is not available on Windows 10 Home....
  3. How do I upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro?: How do I upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro? I need to have Folder Encryption capability which is not available on Windows 10 Home....
  4. How do I upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How do I upgrade from windows home to pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I upgrade from windows home to pro: One of our team members has brought a computer that came with windows 11 home.I need to join it to our work domain so it needs an upgrade to pro.I attempted to do this according to the instructions going to settings/activation/upgrade which took me to the store.In the store I...
  6. How do I upgrade from windows home to pro

How do I upgrade from windows home to pro: One of our team members has brought a computer that came with windows 11 home.I need to join it to our work domain so it needs an upgrade to pro.I attempted to do this according to the instructions going to settings/activation/upgrade which took me to the store.In the store I...
  7. How do I upgrade windows 10 home to pro with digital key?

How do I upgrade windows 10 home to pro with digital key?: I have a pc with windows 10 home on it, this was activated with a product key. I also have a windows 10 pro digital license linked to my Microsoft account. How do I upgrade windows 10 home to windows 10 pro with that digital license without loosing data?...
  8. How do I upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro as a business user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro as a business user: I am an IT admin. I want to upgrade a users PC from home to pro.Upgrade takes me to the store, which asks to sign in with Microsoft account personal. We do not want this.Can I buy a key from Microsoft directly as a business user?...
  9. my laptop will not upgrade to windows 10 pro from home

my laptop will not upgrade to windows 10 pro from home: i have tried to upgrade it by the windows 10 pro key it will not work says the key is bad.'I have tried to use the cd and so a fresh install that didnt work....
  10. How do I upgrade from Home to Pro?

How do I upgrade from Home to Pro?: I have BizSpark, and I'd like to upgrade my Windows 10 Home computer to the Pro version. I downloaded the "Multiple Versions" ISO from MSDN, but when I run it from within Windows, it only lets me re-install the Home edition. How do I upgrade without doing a clean install? 18489