Windows 10: How do I upload a Windows Performance Recorder file?

Discus and support How do I upload a Windows Performance Recorder file? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; How do I upload a Windows Performance Recorder file? I have generated a file and need to send it on. This is specifically for Windows using excessive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MarcWhittlesey, Nov 13, 2020.

1. How do I upload a Windows Performance Recorder file?

How do I upload a Windows Performance Recorder file? I have generated a file and need to send it on. This is specifically for Windows using excessive CPU resources running Microsoft Solitaire.

:)

MarcWhittlesey, Nov 13, 2020
  2. Aquinus Win User

Increase image file upload size cap

Okay, first off, people need to learn to calm down. That includes the OP and everyone replying. I would consider this a very legitimate concern he raises and I'll explain why and what I would suggest to fix it to address all the concerns brought up.

I see three sides to this.
    • OneMoar wants to upload bigger files. Generally speaking, most users are lazy so this is a valid concern from a usability standpoint. While I do believe there should be an upload limit, there should be a separate storage limit.
    • Concern with bandwidth: I suspect that uploading images is a relatively small amount of bandwidth and that serving up said images is much more costly. So that would put emphasis on getting not putting if bandwidth is a concern.
    • Storage, a very real concern because a lot of images adds up quickly which adds a need to efficiently store said images.
    So my suggestion (assuming W1zz wanted to do this out of kindness of his heart,) is this:
    • Increase upload limit to 10-20MB max.
    • Institute a storage limit of 2-5MB max.
    • Use PHP's GD library to convert uploaded images to JPEG or PNG.
      • PNGs tend to look nicer than JPEGs, but use more space. Probably preferable for smaller images or images requiring transparency.
      • JPEG tends to be very flexible when it comes to quality and the amount of compression. PHP's GD lib gives you control over this.
    So long as the image is uploaded in a format GD can read which includes most commonly used formats, it may not be unrealistic to re-store it in a different format. It's also not unrealistic to use GD to scale the image as well.

I've used GD before and it's relatively easy to use and is relatively quick with respect to performance. I would be willing to write up some examples with respect to how to do it if it were welcomed.

Side note: I see a watermark, GD might be getting used already so this might not be a stretch if the CPU cycles are there to spare.

Aquinus, Nov 13, 2020
  3. W1zzard Win User

that's a good idea

W1zzard, Nov 13, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

How do I upload a Windows Performance Recorder file?

Limit each person to what they can upload ?, well that's terrible after time as posted pics end up deleted and leave useful threads with missing pictures.

Or did it misunderstand point number 2.

AsRock, Nov 13, 2020
Thema:

How do I upload a Windows Performance Recorder file?

1. How do I upload a Windows Performance Recorder file? - Similar Threads - upload Performance Recorder

2. windows performance recorder wont start recording

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows performance recorder wont start recording: it gives me an error saying "the requested resource is in use. Profile id: GeneralProfile.Verbose.Memory. error code: 0x800700aa the requested resource is in use."...
  3. File Upload not working, how do i fix this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Upload not working, how do i fix this?: Hello everyone, in my browsers when i try to upload a file it opens the file explorer and then says not working and the browser also stops working and i have to use task manager to shut it down. I tried restarting, how do i fix this?By the way this happened with both Edge...
  4. File Upload not working, how do i fix this?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Upload not working, how do i fix this?: Hello everyone, in my browsers when i try to upload a file it opens the file explorer and then says not working and the browser also stops working and i have to use task manager to shut it down. I tried restarting, how do i fix this?By the way this happened with both Edge...
  5. File Upload not working, how do i fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. windows performance recorder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows performance recorder: how do i record the high dpc latency from the windows performance recorder.I am encountering audio cracking/popping accompanied with fps drops in games. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-performance-recorder/c08a00b7-dbb9-40a3-95db-761185420741
  7. How do I upload folder to OneDrive Without Repeating Files already Uploaded?

How do I upload folder to OneDrive Without Repeating Files already Uploaded?: I have a folder with 95k files 35Gb which I tried to upload earlier today. It took all day to upload half of it, then it froze. I want to upload the rest, but I'm afraid it might overwrite the ones already there and waste more time. How do I make sure it only uploads the...
  8. how do i upload a PDF file to FACEBOOK ???

how do i upload a PDF file to FACEBOOK ???: how do I upload a PDF file to FACEBOOK ???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-upload-a-pdf-file-to-facebook/4fe6743f-e34d-4451-bfea-63061ec4e3c3"
  9. Help! How to stop WIndows Performance Recorder?

Help! How to stop WIndows Performance Recorder?: Norton Security tech support installed WPR on my Win10 system to try and help track down a problem with their software. At the end of the support session they apparently forgot to turn it off, although they did remove the ADK via Add/Remove Programs. My C drive was...
  10. Windows Performance Recorder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Performance Recorder: Windows 10 with latest updates. Trying to install Windows Performance Recorder from the SDK toolkit. First the install failed because .NET 4.6.3 was not installed so installed 4.6.2 was all I could find. Now the install is failing. Log file says Failed to verify hash of...