Windows 10: How do I upload folder to OneDrive Without Repeating Files already Uploaded?

Discus and support How do I upload folder to OneDrive Without Repeating Files already Uploaded? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a folder with 95k files 35Gb which I tried to upload earlier today. It took all day to upload half of it, then it froze. I want to upload the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RaphaelCM, Oct 17, 2020.

1. RaphaelCM Win User

How do I upload folder to OneDrive Without Repeating Files already Uploaded?

I have a folder with 95k files 35Gb which I tried to upload earlier today. It took all day to upload half of it, then it froze.

I want to upload the rest, but I'm afraid it might overwrite the ones already there and waste more time. How do I make sure it only uploads the ones that are not there?

:)

RaphaelCM, Oct 17, 2020

2. How best to get 150 GB uploaded to OneDrive.

I was in a similar situation. This method worked for me but the caveat is you need sufficient hard drive space.

1. Setup the files/folders in a folder (not onedrive) lets call it temp for uploading. Break them into groups of files that make sense and you can work with easily. Setup a second folder, lets call that completed uploads
    2. Setup the onedrive client to sync the local onedrive folder to the cloud
    3. Copy a small group of the files from the temp folder into the onedrive folder
    4. Monitor onedrive it should upload over time in the background
    5. Once uploaded move the completed files from the temp folder into the completed folder
    6. Repeat these steps
    7. Once everything has gradually moved into onedrive delete the temp and completed folders that are local on your hard drive, leaving the migrated files in the onedrive folder (and synced).

Depending on your network and internet connection speeds this can take a while but is a method you can just leave doing its thing.

MarkInKent, Oct 18, 2020
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    Uploading of files

Hi Amanda,

To better assist you, we appreciate if you can answer the following questions:

• Are you uploading your files to OneDrive using a computer or mobile phone?
    • Are you using a browser or OneDrive app to upload the files?

For the meantime, you can check the article:
    Fix problems uploading files on the OneDrive website
    and
    Upload photos and files to OneDrive
    . The two articles contain steps that you can perform to help you upload your files.

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Oct 18, 2020
  4. How do I upload folder to OneDrive Without Repeating Files already Uploaded?

OneDrive cashes on files upload.

Hello

I use Nokia Lumia 1020, and Windows 8.1 with automatic updates ON.

I select picture files (5-10) taken from camera using FILES (program), a select SHARE. Then OneDrive. I select folder where to upload files.

OneDrive start to upload files and crashes....

Any suggestion?

MilanBetter, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

How do I upload folder to OneDrive Without Repeating Files already Uploaded?

1. How do I upload folder to OneDrive Without Repeating Files already Uploaded? - Similar Threads - upload folder OneDrive

2. DO NOT UPLOAD FOLDER TO ONEDRIVE CLOUD STORAGE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DO NOT UPLOAD FOLDER TO ONEDRIVE CLOUD STORAGE: I have a folder in File Explorer which I keep junk items, temporary items and a place to put stuff till I find a place for them.I do not want that folder or its contents uploaded to the Cloud by Onedrive. How do I set this up?...
  3. DO NOT UPLOAD FOLDER TO ONEDRIVE CLOUD STORAGE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DO NOT UPLOAD FOLDER TO ONEDRIVE CLOUD STORAGE: I have a folder in File Explorer which I keep junk items, temporary items and a place to put stuff till I find a place for them.I do not want that folder or its contents uploaded to the Cloud by Onedrive. How do I set this up?...
  4. Uploading to OneDrive

Uploading to OneDrive: This is an amazing service you all provide without financial reward knowing what Microsoft would be like and I am sure I can say on behalf of many...thank you.I just have a quick question here that would baffle me for too long and then probably will not resolve anyway. Where...
  5. onedrive repeats upload

in Windows 10 Gaming
    onedrive repeats upload: OneDrive repeats uploading the same file over and over. Completes, then starts all over again. Does not stop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-repeats-upload/e416c818-55f4-45f6-a14a-a38d51707495
  6. onedrive repeats upload

onedrive repeats upload: OneDrive repeats uploading the same file over and over. Completes, then starts all over again. Does not stop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-repeats-upload/e416c818-55f4-45f6-a14a-a38d51707495
  7. Onedrive Uploads

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive Uploads: I'm playing fortnite and onedrive keeps trying to upload the files to the cloud and i dont want that to happen! i want the files to stay on the laptop. how do i do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-uploads/343c2409-9118-4692-9942-f1cc640d54e6
  8. OneDrive Not Uploading Files

OneDrive Not Uploading Files: I synced or whateve OneDrive to my PC. It does not add a single one of my files. I did this a week ago. There is a Document folder with all my folder names underneath and NOT ONE SINGLE FILE in any of the folders! I need super-easy explanation of how to make OneDrive work. I...
  9. How do I stop individual folders uploading to Onedrive

How do I stop individual folders uploading to Onedrive: Online storage is only safe until it isn't. I have a couple of financial files I would prefer not to be on the Cloud and would like to delete them from Onedrive and stop them being uploaded in future. Can this be done, or is it an all or nothing system?...
  10. how to stop onedrive uploading specific folder?

how to stop onedrive uploading specific folder?: Hi, i would like to stop onedrive from uploading my temp picture folder and filling it up and giving me "ALMOST FULL, GIVE ME MONEY" message all the time. I would just uninstall it but getting all my stuff back will be just as much trouble. Really do enjoy these user friendly...