Windows 10: how do I upload photos to an external hard drive

Discus and support how do I upload photos to an external hard drive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; how do I upload photos to an external hard drive from my computer windows 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by phillip singh, Aug 6, 2022.

1. how do I upload photos to an external hard drive

how do I upload photos to an external hard drive from my computer windows 7

:)

phillip singh, Aug 6, 2022
  2. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Aug 6, 2022
  3. twynog Win User
    External hard drive not recognised

Thanks for this. I've done what you suggested and been through all the steps mentioned in the article. The hard drive works fine on a Mac computer, and I've managed to copy the information on it. It must be a Surface issue so I'll try to get a chat line tomorrow.

twynog, Aug 6, 2022
  4. how do I upload photos to an external hard drive

external hard drive

Hi Chrpee,

If you can't find external hard drive on Disk management than the next step is using the diskpart via command line, please follow the steps below:-

On the keyboard hit ((Windows logo key + R key)) than type ((CMD))

Now the windows command line will appear, the next steps is to type ((diskpart))

After that type ((list disk)) to show you the list of hard disks with partitions

If you found your external hard drive one of the list than you need to type ((select disk number)), note: the number is a disk number

Once you selected the hard disk or partitions than type ((clean))

than type ((create partition primary))

than type ((select partition 1))

than type ((active))

than type ((format fs=ntfs quick))

than type ((assign))

last type ((exit))

Check if the external hard drive appeared, if not please see the link below for more info and let me know if you need any assist

https://uk.pcmag.com/dvd-burners/120624/what-to...

Abdirahman Issa, Aug 6, 2022
Thema:

how do I upload photos to an external hard drive

1. how do I upload photos to an external hard drive - Similar Threads - upload photos external

2. how do I upload a photo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I upload a photo: How do I upload a photo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-upload-a-photo/d2f860bb-fc41-433e-8c80-f017ffe9b54d
  3. how do I upload a photo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I upload a photo: How do I upload a photo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-upload-a-photo/d2f860bb-fc41-433e-8c80-f017ffe9b54d
  4. Windows Photos permanently tied to the photos in my external hard drive. How do I separate...

Windows Photos permanently tied to the photos in my external hard drive. How do I separate...: First, I do not want my photos shared with anyone. ... I want to utilize Windows 11 Photos to create a one-time slideshow. I researched how to do this. As directed, I clicked the source, and Windows Photos started downloading photos from my external hard drive. I cancelled...
  5. transferring photos to external hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    transferring photos to external hard drive: Can someone please help me put my photos that I have saved onto my pc with OneDrive sync on, onto an external hard drive. i only want the image folder placed onto the external hard drive not the OneDrive back up.I have tried several times and it is coming up with There is not...
  6. how do I upload photos to an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I upload photos to an external hard drive: how do I upload photos to an external hard drive from my computer windows 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-upload-photos-to-an-external-hard-drive/736d81a0-a8b6-4a40-b093-f255f6b169ca
  7. How to find "PHOTOS" in external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to find "PHOTOS" in external hard drive.: My old Acer Desktop with Windows 10 died peacefully. I removed the hard drive from it and have a hard drive dock. When I plug in the dock, I see the following see image below. My question is where are my photos? How can I find them? I want to transfer them to my new computer....
  8. How do I eject an external hard drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I eject an external hard drive?: When I go to eject the drive, the eject button is greyed out and I can't click on it. When I go to the "Safely remove hardware and eject media" to try and eject, it says that it cannot because it's still being used in a program. I ended up closing all my programs and windows...
  9. How do I transfer photos in Windows 10 to my external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I transfer photos in Windows 10 to my external hard drive: How do I transfer photos in Windows 10 to my external hard drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-transfer-photos-in-windows-10-to-my/babcf323-99c6-4d31-8f7a-46bd3e1e8cb4"
  10. Photos and external hard drive problem

Photos and external hard drive problem: Hello, I have an external hard drive full of photos. I am hoping to link these photos to the Windows 10 Photos app without moving them to the laptop's internal hard drive. I want them to stay on the external drive and, furthermore, want any new photos added (from my phone,...