Windows 10: How do I use fingerprint in Windows Hello as Administrator

Discus and support How do I use fingerprint in Windows Hello as Administrator in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I can use fingerprint in Windows Hello when I logged as personal account. But I want to switch to the built-in Administrator account, and when I input... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Leo365, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Leo365 Win User

How do I use fingerprint in Windows Hello as Administrator

I can use fingerprint in Windows Hello when I logged as personal account. But I want to switch to the built-in Administrator account, and when I input my fingerprint in Windows Hello, it displayed error and closed.

I tried to use the method which was valid in Windows 7/8:
    1. exchange the account name of built-in Administrator and personal account
    2. input the fingerprint with fake Administrator account
    3. backup the file from C:\Windows\System32\WinBioDatabase, and then remove the personal account
    4. recover the built-in Administrator name, and copy the backup file to C:\Windows\System32\WinBioDatabase

But it did not work. *ConfusedAnyone who knows How to use fingerprint as Administrator?

Thanks.

:)

Leo365, Aug 18, 2015

2. Delete fingerprint data from a deleted user account Windows 10 Hello

I had set up Windows 10 Hello with a fingerprint scan on my user account. I then created a new administrator account and deleted the first account. Windows Hello says that I have already used the fingerprint for another account, even though I already deleted
    that account. How do I delete the fingerprint data from the first account, so that I can set up my new administrator account with the fingerprint that I want to use?

BNikki2017, Aug 18, 2015
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    How do I sign in as an administrator in Windows 10, version 1607?

1- At the sign-in screen, click on a user account that has Administrator permissions.

2- Enter the user's password and click on the rightward-pointing arrow.

BulldogXX, Aug 18, 2015
Thema:

How do I use fingerprint in Windows Hello as Administrator

1. How do I use fingerprint in Windows Hello as Administrator - Similar Threads - fingerprint Hello Administrator

2. Microsoft hello fingerprint wont load how do I fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft hello fingerprint wont load how do I fix?: I put in my password and the window closes immediately and the cursor starts to load something until I go to move it then nothing loads https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-hello-fingerprint-wont-load-how-do-i-fix/7ae94476-0ee6-4776-a31c-28df2d51cf6e
  3. Microsoft hello fingerprint wont load how do I fix?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft hello fingerprint wont load how do I fix?: I put in my password and the window closes immediately and the cursor starts to load something until I go to move it then nothing loads https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-hello-fingerprint-wont-load-how-do-i-fix/7ae94476-0ee6-4776-a31c-28df2d51cf6e
  4. Using fingerprint WITHOUT Windows Hello on Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using fingerprint WITHOUT Windows Hello on Win11: I would like to use fingerprint login for some apps but don't want to activate Windows Hello which would then require I use that every time I leave my computer. My computer is in my secure home and I only want to use a fingerprint to log into apps. Can this be done?...
  5. Using fingerprint WITHOUT Windows Hello on Win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using fingerprint WITHOUT Windows Hello on Win11: I would like to use fingerprint login for some apps but don't want to activate Windows Hello which would then require I use that every time I leave my computer. My computer is in my secure home and I only want to use a fingerprint to log into apps. Can this be done?...
  6. Unable to use Windows Hello Fingerprint

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to use Windows Hello Fingerprint: Hi, I use Windows Hello Fingerprint to log into my laptop. Recently, whenever I put my finger on the scanner, it would say "Your PIN is required to sign in." I did some digging on the internet, and one source said that I should set Credential Manager vaultsvc to automatic....
  7. Administrator local user account - Windows Hello Fingerprint setup

Administrator local user account - Windows Hello Fingerprint setup: Hi Microsoft Team, I have a problem using the features of Windows Hello Fingerprint. I used the local user account administrator as default login in my machine but when I setup the fingerprint it showed the message error "Sorry, something went wrong"? Any idea how to...
  8. Unable to use Windows Hello Fingerprint

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to use Windows Hello Fingerprint: I am unable to use windows hello fingerprint after installing my new windows 10. I have checked every options and contacted to Microsoft support as well. It was working fine for couple of days after installing the Windows 10. See below for error code. [ATTACH]...
  9. WINDOWS HELLO FINGERPRINT

WINDOWS HELLO FINGERPRINT: Hi! Previously i've been using the windows hello fingerprint. But suudenly it cant be use anymore. any solution for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-fingerprint/ad476902-64d0-4c34-bc8b-b6536eb02dfa
  10. Windows Hello Fingerprint

Windows Hello Fingerprint: when I try to set up my windows hello fingerprint, the message shows "something went wrong. try again later." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-fingerprint/138f8868-fe3c-459e-b311-898a6c258493

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows hello fingerprint administrator

2. administrator account cant use hello fingerprint

3. fingerprint with built-in administrator

4. manage fingerprint for administrator account,
  5. microsoft fingerprint not getting set up for administrator account,
  6. windows 10 administrator fingerprint,
  7. windows 10 fingerprint for administrator built in account,
  8. built in administrator windows hello,
  9. windows hello administrator account,
  10. how to set fingerprint in administrator account,
  11. windows 10 hello fingerprint administrator,