Windows 10: How do I use Microsoft Edge Drop to Share files in Windows 11/10

Discus and support How do I use Microsoft Edge Drop to Share files in Windows 11/10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I would like to know how to use Microsoft Edge Drop to share files and personal notes on Windows 10 and 11 computer. I read that Microsoft has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Terri125, Jun 28, 2022.

1. Terri125 Win User

How do I use Microsoft Edge Drop to Share files in Windows 11/10

I would like to know how to use Microsoft Edge Drop to share files and personal notes on Windows 10 and 11 computer. I read that Microsoft has introduced a new feature called Drop to its Edge browser feature. Hw do I use it to share files on windows?

:)

Terri125, Jun 28, 2022

2. Microsoft Edge bottom half cut off on Windows 10

We can try the following ways:

1. I suggest we clear the browsing history and check if the issue persist.

Please follow the steps:

Open Microsoft Edge.

Click on “...” (… symbol) on the top right corner of the browser.

Select Settings from the drop down menu.

Click on Choose what to clear under Clear browsing data.

Check the Cookies and saved website data (and any other data you want to clear) and click on Clear button.

1. Enable Inprivate Browing feature of Edge.

We can refer to Enable Private Browsing in IE 11 and Microsoft Edge

1. Try to reset Windows Edge. Go to Settings->App->Apps and features->Windows Edge->Advanced options->Reset.

How do I use Microsoft Edge Drop to Share files in Windows 11/10 VN0gN.png

1. Use Windows Compatibility List.

Open "Windows Edge".

Type "about:flags".

Click "Enter".

Check "Use Windows Compatibility List".

Restart the computer.

How do I use Microsoft Edge Drop to Share files in Windows 11/10 vz7xZ.png

1. Try to update Windows updates.
    2. Logon the laptop with another computer account, if we still have this problem, try reinstalling the operating system.

Daisy Zhou, Jun 29, 2022
  3. IE 11 Cannot Import from Edge

Hi Nicholas,

As a workaround, we suggest you to export favorites from Microsoft Edge into a .html file and afterwards, import the .html file to Internet Explorer 11.

Here are the steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on the three horizontal dots on the upper-right corner of the Microsoft Edge window, and then click on
      Settings.
    • Under Favorites, click on the View favorites settings.
    • Under Import or export a file, click on Export to file.
    • Select the folder where you want to save the .html file of your Microsoft Edge favorites, and then
      Save.

Once you have the .html file of your Microsoft Edge favorites, follow the steps below on how to import them to Internet Explorer 11.

• Open Internet Explorer 11.
    • On the menu bar, click on File, and then click on Import and export.
    • In the Import/Export Settings window, select Import from a file, and then click on
      Next.
    • In the next window, click on the checkbox for Favorites, and then click
      Next.
    • Browse and open the .html file you want to import, and then click Next.
    • Select Favorites to import to, and then click Import.
    • Once done, click on Finish.

Hope this helps.

Patricia Yu, Jun 29, 2022
  4. How do I use Microsoft Edge Drop to Share files in Windows 11/10

Removing favorite from the drop down list on Windows 10 Edge

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to remove the
    favorites from the drop down list.

• Open Edge browser.
    • Right top corner click on hub option.
    • Click on Favorites bar.
    • Right click and remove the favorites.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jun 29, 2022
Thema:

How do I use Microsoft Edge Drop to Share files in Windows 11/10

1. How do I use Microsoft Edge Drop to Share files in Windows 11/10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Drop

2. HOW DO I STREAM PARAMOUNT PLUS IN WINDOWS 11? USING MICROSOFT EDGE.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW DO I STREAM PARAMOUNT PLUS IN WINDOWS 11? USING MICROSOFT EDGE.: ERROR CODE 111 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stream-paramount-plus-in-windows-11-using/7f57a15d-62c4-435e-802d-974000908d91
  3. HOW DO I STREAM PARAMOUNT PLUS IN WINDOWS 11? USING MICROSOFT EDGE.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HOW DO I STREAM PARAMOUNT PLUS IN WINDOWS 11? USING MICROSOFT EDGE.: ERROR CODE 111 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stream-paramount-plus-in-windows-11-using/7f57a15d-62c4-435e-802d-974000908d91
  4. How do you use the Share feature on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you use the Share feature on Windows 11?: I have the Share feature on Windows 11, but when I try to share I don't see my iPhone as one of the options. Please see the screen shot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-use-the-share-feature-on-windows-11/20761a7d-4ef1-485e-81f4-671e657524bb
  5. How do you use the Share feature on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you use the Share feature on Windows 11?: I have the Share feature on Windows 11, but when I try to share I don't see my iPhone as one of the options. Please see the screen shot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-use-the-share-feature-on-windows-11/20761a7d-4ef1-485e-81f4-671e657524bb
  6. How do I use Microsoft Edge Drop to Share files in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I use Microsoft Edge Drop to Share files in Windows 11/10: I would like to know how to use Microsoft Edge Drop to share files and personal notes on Windows 10 and 11 computer. I read that Microsoft has introduced a new feature called Drop to its Edge browser feature. Hw do I use it to share files on windows?...
  7. How to use Microsoft Edge Drop to Share files in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to use Microsoft Edge Drop to Share files in Windows 11/10: [IMG]In this post, we will show you how to use Microsoft Edge Drop to share files and personal notes on Windows 11/10 computer. Microsoft has introduced a new feature called Drop to its Edge browser. Using this feature, you can share almost any type of file (ISO, PDF, EXE,...
  8. How to share Files and Folders using File Explorer on Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to share Files and Folders using File Explorer on Windows 11: [ATTACH]Windows is easy and simple, be it the design, the UI, or the features. Understanding and using a Windows 11/10 PC is always easy, even for a beginner. Anyone can perform basic computer tasks without any specific tech knowledge, in short, it is one of the easiest...
  9. How to disable Microsoft Edge is being used for sharing prompt

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Microsoft Edge is being used for sharing prompt: [ATTACH]A recurring message is seen at times while attempting to close the Microsoft Edge browser. The message reads – Microsoft Edge is being used for sharing even though you have not changed any settings on your device. Disable Microsoft Edge is being used for sharing...
  10. Shared drive dropping in Windows 10 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shared drive dropping in Windows 10 File Explorer: Hello I have a Windows 10 computer. In my File Explorer, I have mapped network drives. The computers where those mapped drives reside are set up to go to sleep overnight. In the morning, they are woken up as folks come to work. My computer never goes to sleep. My File...