Windows 10: How do I use more than 512GB of RAM with Windows 10 Pro?

Discus and support How do I use more than 512GB of RAM with Windows 10 Pro? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I own a server board with around 1.5TB of ram and would prefer to use Windows 10 with it, but I can only use 512gb in windows 10 pro? How do I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MrD3_GX, Jan 26, 2020.

1. MrD3_GX Win User

How do I use more than 512GB of RAM with Windows 10 Pro?

Hello, I own a server board with around 1.5TB of ram and would prefer to use Windows 10 with it, but I can only use 512gb in windows 10 pro? How do I increase this limit? Thank you.

:)

MrD3_GX, Jan 26, 2020

2. Windows 10 Upgrade version and Ram

I am currently running Windows 7 pro 64 bit with 32GB Ram, if I accept the upgrade to 10 what version will I get, as I have found 2 different answers to how much RAM windows 10 will recognize.

• 128GB
    • 10GB (home)
    • 512GB (Pro)
    What is the correct amount and since I have a pro 64bit version will I get the 10 Pro version.

Malcolangelo, Jan 26, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 26, 2020
  4. saberman2 Win User

If I Allow My Surface Pro 2 512GB to Upgrade to Windows 10 Will I Lose the HostedNetwork Feature?

Surface Pro 2 512GB Windows 8.1 Pro

Currently I am able to use the hostednetwork feature on my Surface Pro 2 512GB. It is my understanding that Microsoft is depreciating this feature. Will I lose this feature if I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro?

saberman2, Jan 26, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I use more than 512GB of RAM with Windows 10 Pro? - Similar Threads - more 512GB RAM

2. ram usage percentage is more than what is used

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ram usage percentage is more than what is used: hey it says 62 percent even tho only 1.3k ram is used.. i have 8gb ram in my lap... sometimes it says 90 percent when like only around 3k ram is used.. pls help me ty...
  3. ram usage percentage is more than what is used

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ram usage percentage is more than what is used: hey it says 62 percent even tho only 1.3k ram is used.. i have 8gb ram in my lap... sometimes it says 90 percent when like only around 3k ram is used.. pls help me ty...
  4. Windows explorer using more ram than usual

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows explorer using more ram than usual: Now, idk if this is normal or not on windows 11 but that windows explorer ram usage for something i'm not even using but taking up that much ram is kinda weird. Is there any fix to this or is explorer gonna just take up that amount of ram for the rest now? My 8gb of ram be...
  5. Windows explorer using more ram than usual

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows explorer using more ram than usual: Now, idk if this is normal or not on windows 11 but that windows explorer ram usage for something i'm not even using but taking up that much ram is kinda weird. Is there any fix to this or is explorer gonna just take up that amount of ram for the rest now? My 8gb of ram be...
  6. Windows 10 Won't use more than 50% of installed RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Won't use more than 50% of installed RAM: I have 16GB of RAM installed on my PC , and Windows 10 knows that;But when I try to run tons of programs Windows only uses 8GB max:Is there a fix for this issue?btw PheonixMiner.exe isn't a virus my dad mines crypto on my PC...
  7. Windows won't use more than 50% ram

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows won't use more than 50% ram: I installed more ram onto my laptop, 2666mhz DDR4 ram and it reads at 16gbs available on the task manager, but even when running multiple tasks, it never uses more than 50% of the available ram. Windows memory diagnostic tool didn't give me an error so I have no idea how to...
  8. Windows 10 using more than half of my RAM

Windows 10 using more than half of my RAM: I have Windows 10 Pro x64 version 2004 latest update at the time of writing. This is on 8GB RAM, yet Windows manages to use over half of that see screenshots I've done some googling but I couldn't find a recent answer or an answer I could find in different places....
  9. Windows using more than 6gb of ram in the desktop

Windows using more than 6gb of ram in the desktop: exactly as subject says, I have tried deleting files that could be malicious and screening for malware, even disabling lots of programs and deleting others that could be sketchy. Link to windows performance recorder on dropbox,...
  10. How Do I Force a Program To Use more ram

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How Do I Force a Program To Use more ram: Apparently my computer Has 8 GM of Ram,And I brought a Game With Above average graphics and I have to Install It takes a whooping 5 hours.When I go to Task manager to see how much RAM that setup is using [img] .WTH? Only 750Mb...... Is there any way I can possibly force it...