Windows 10: How do I use my phone hotspot for this computer?

Discus and support How do I use my phone hotspot for this computer? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Samsung Galaxy A10e. I turned on Bluetooth tethering so that I can share my wifi. What I want to do is share my wifi with my laptop, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AnastasiaOwen, Oct 1, 2019.

1. How do I use my phone hotspot for this computer?

I have a Samsung Galaxy A10e. I turned on Bluetooth tethering so that I can share my wifi. What I want to do is share my wifi with my laptop, but when I go on hotspot settings on my laptop I only see options for sharing my laptops wifi instead of using another devices (like my phone). The reason I want to do this in the first place is because when I go to my college to sign into the wifi it says it's connected but then doesn't work. When I click on the wifi it takes me to a page that says something like "this page is not safe" and "you may need to sign in to this network on its page". So yea, if someone could figure that out it would probably be better.

:)

AnastasiaOwen, Oct 1, 2019
  2. Karen Her Win User

hotspot on computer

Hi,

This issue normally occurs due to outdated or incompatible network drivers. To further assist you, please answer the following:

• Have you tried connecting a different phone or device to the hotspot of your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting your iPhone to the hotspot of other computer?
    • When did the issue start?
    • Were there significant changes made on your computer prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, you can run the Internet Connection Troubleshooter and check if it helps. Here are the steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar and select it.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Internet Connections.
    • Run the troubleshooter.

We will wait for your reply.

Karen Her, Oct 1, 2019
  3. Mobile Hotspot

We appreciate that you have tried the suggested steps above. Have you tried to connect other devices to the mobile hotspot on your PC?

Since the issue is still the same, we suggest that you uninstall/reinstall the network adapter driver and check if this will resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for Network adaptor and click on it expand it.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic network adapter driver.

We can also update the network adapter driver. Skip step 3 from the above steps and right click on the device and click on update.

Feel free to post back for any updates.

Jennifer Bri, Oct 1, 2019
  4. How do I use my phone hotspot for this computer?

Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot Not working

Hi,

Your Bluetooth connection may be enabled which prevents you from setting up your mobile hotspot. To have this addressed, we suggest turning off the Bluetooth connection and see if you're able to set up your mobile hotspot. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings and select Devices.
    • Click Bluetooth, then toggle it OFF.

Once done, check if you can now turn on your computer's mobile hotspot. Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

How do I use my phone hotspot for this computer?

1. How do I use my phone hotspot for this computer? - Similar Threads - phone hotspot computer

2. How to unlock phone on computer or using phone link?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to unlock phone on computer or using phone link?: Hello, It seems when I try to open phone link on my PC, it tells me that I need to first unlock my phone screen even though I have already connected my phone using Phone link the initial time. Just in case , my screen becomes unusable, is there anyway that I can enter my...
  3. using my phone hotspot on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    using my phone hotspot on my laptop: How can I connect my phone hotspot to my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-my-phone-hotspot-on-my-laptop/b2943f18-1c32-41cc-ae05-cafa16761a3f
  4. using my phone hotspot on my laptop

using my phone hotspot on my laptop: How can I connect my phone hotspot to my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-my-phone-hotspot-on-my-laptop/b2943f18-1c32-41cc-ae05-cafa16761a3f
  5. How do I use my phone as a bluetooth dongle?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I use my phone as a bluetooth dongle?: Hello, I need bluetooth for my pc. But I don't have it. I saw some articles, like this: https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-use-a-laptop-as-speakers-for-a-bluetooth-phone that you can use your phone as a bluetooth dongle. But I can't do the steps, I believe it's for an...
  6. How do I use my phone as a bluetooth dongle?

How do I use my phone as a bluetooth dongle?: Hello, I need bluetooth for my pc. But I don't have it. I saw some articles, like this: https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-use-a-laptop-as-speakers-for-a-bluetooth-phone that you can use your phone as a bluetooth dongle. But I can't do the steps, I believe it's for an...
  7. phone as hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    phone as hotspot: slow connection with phone as hotspot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-as-hotspot/70602dac-17d7-45bd-80d2-8f40ec9379f2
  8. can i use my computer as a phone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    can i use my computer as a phone: can i use my computer as a phone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-use-my-computer-as-a-phone/df5de6cc-0fd3-4d4f-a51f-bc3e7cafbf7a
  9. How do I make my hotspot use and send all internet?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I make my hotspot use and send all internet?: My router has broken and I have to wait few days to get a new one and I’m trying to use my laptop as a router but the internet is very slow I don’t think it is using all the internet according to task manger is there anyway to make it use max and send max through hotspot? I...
  10. connecting to the internet using my phones hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    connecting to the internet using my phones hotspot: i recently got a new laptop it is an asus with windows 10. when i first got it i was able to connect to the internet using my phones hotspot, i was able to do this for a few weeks, then all of a sudden it didn't even give me the option to choose hotspot for me to connect to...