Windows 10: How do I use PowerShell commands to change Permissions for a Registry?

Discus and support How do I use PowerShell commands to change Permissions for a Registry? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, everyone My main objective is make the registry key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MountPoints2" more safer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by shiwan0804, Oct 28, 2020.

1. How do I use PowerShell commands to change Permissions for a Registry?

Hi, everyone
    My main objective is make the registry key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MountPoints2"
    more safer and not auto run programs.

Secondly, I hoped the PowerShell command codes could batch run them automatically.

Protected the registry key before:

How do I use PowerShell commands to change Permissions for a Registry? [​IMG]

After protected the registry key:

I had some PowerShell command codes about the aforementioned registry key.
    $path = "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MountPoints2"
    $Acl = Get-ACL $path
    $AccessRule= New-Object System.Security.AccessControl.RegistryAccessRule("Everyone","FullControl","Deny")
    $Acl.SetAccessRule($AccessRule)
    Set-Acl $path $Acl

Q.Could you please help me to correct them and tell me what command codes used to batch run them automatically.

Thanks a lot.

:)

shiwan0804, Oct 28, 2020

2. What are the PowerShell command codes could change the registry key?

Hi, everyone
    I want to change the permission to deny the registry key such as the picture attached as following.
    Firstly, I want to add a new user named as "everyone".
    Secondly, I want to change the permission of everyone to "deny full control".
    I want to use PowerShell to finish aforementioned jobs.
    Could anyone please teach me the PowerShell command codes to finish them?
    Thanks a lot.

shiwan0804, Oct 28, 2020
  3. Locked Powershell startup command in context menu

This solved my not being able to disable the 2 powershell scripts but why are they there in the first place?

kieronredmond, Oct 28, 2020
  4. Micah Bat Win User

How do I use PowerShell commands to change Permissions for a Registry?

Locked Powershell startup command in context menu

It seems that you cannot remove the folder because you don't have a permission to do so. To remove the two
    powershell.exe -noexit -command Set-Location '%V' on registry, we need first to set the permission to
    Everyone. To do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open CC Cleaner
    • Go to Context Menu
    • Right-click on powershell.exe -noexit -command Set-Location '%V'.
    • Click on Open in RegEdit.

• Right-click on the Powershell folder.
    • Click Permission
    • Click Advanced
    • Click Change
    • Type in "Everyone" without the quotation.
    • Click OK

Also set the Administrator's permission to Full Control. After doing so, you can now delete the
    Powershell folder. Be guided that you need to do a backup of your
    Registry before doing the steps.

Let us know how it goes.

Micah Bat, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

How do I use PowerShell commands to change Permissions for a Registry?

1. How do I use PowerShell commands to change Permissions for a Registry? - Similar Threads - PowerShell commands change

2. Powershell command to change application advance security settings in registry.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Powershell command to change application advance security settings in registry.: In order to collect application data in the security audit logs for EventViewer the application permissions in the registry need to be adjusted. I have done this manually and have it working with Azure Sentinel. I need to deploy this across the entire range of assigned...
  3. How do I use PowerShell commands to change Permissions for a Registry

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I use PowerShell commands to change Permissions for a Registry: Hi, everyone I found the PowerShell command codes could deny full control permission of registry key, but them were imperfect and not met my need. The imperfect PowerShell command codes are as following. $path = "HKCU:\Control Panel\Keyboard" $Acl = Get-ACL $path...
  4. What are the PowerShell command codes could change the registry key?

in Windows 10 Support
    What are the PowerShell command codes could change the registry key?: Hi, everyone I want to change the permission to deny the registry key such as the picture attached as following. Firstly, I want to add a new user named as "everyone". Secondly, I want to change the permission of everyone to "deny full control". I want to use PowerShell to...
  5. How to change DNS server using Command Prompt and PowerShell

in Windows 10 News
    How to change DNS server using Command Prompt and PowerShell: [ATTACH]If you want to change the DNS server using Command Prompt or Windows PowerShell, […] This article How to change DNS server using Command Prompt and PowerShell first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. How do i change Powershell to be the default Command Prompt in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i change Powershell to be the default Command Prompt in windows 10?: I want to change PowerShell to the default Command Prompt, how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-powershell-to-be-the-default/f08e9af4-d3f8-4a16-8fda-643088d8d3d5
  7. Change Registry-Key with Powershell

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Registry-Key with Powershell: Hi Forum I have a Problem with changing Registry-Keys with PowerShell. I use the following entry: $path "HKCU:\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoplayHandlers\UserChosenExecuteHandlers \StorageOnArrival" Set-ItemProperty -Path $path -Name Default -Value...
  8. Change Registry-Key with Powershell

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Change Registry-Key with Powershell: Hi Forum I have a Problem with changing Registry-Keys with PowerShell. I use the following entry: $path "HKCU:\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoplayHandlers\UserChosenExecuteHandlers \StorageOnArrival" Set-ItemProperty -Path $path -Name Default -Value...
  9. How to change a file's permission through powershell or command prompt

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to change a file's permission through powershell or command prompt: Is there a way to make a file get executed automatically as admin through command prompt or powershell? Lets say there is a file.exe and I want to tick that box that says "execute as administrator" without right clicking the file and doing it through the user interface....
  10. How to change a file's permission through powershell or command prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change a file's permission through powershell or command prompt: Is there a way to make a file get executed automatically as admin through command prompt or powershell? Lets say there is a file.exe and I want to tick that box that says "execute as administrator" without right clicking the file and doing it through the user interface....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove deny permission on regkey using powershell