Windows 10: How do I use Task Scheduler to start a program minimized?

Discus and support How do I use Task Scheduler to start a program minimized? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to start CUPID HWMonitor to start minimized on login. I can start it minimized through the shortcut properties, and I can start it poped-up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Nick Acosta, Feb 6, 2023.

1. How do I use Task Scheduler to start a program minimized?

I'm trying to start CUPID HWMonitor to start minimized on login. I can start it minimized through the shortcut properties, and I can start it poped-up on login, but I can't get it to start minimized through Task Scheduler. Using /background or start/ min does not work either. Am I missing a step?

:)

Nick Acosta, Feb 6, 2023

2. Windows Arguments List - Start Programs Minimized with Task Scheduler.

Hello Community!

I'm trying to get BBC iPlayer downloads to start automagically at 2100 so that it can start downloading Doctor Who. I'd like it to start minimized, but I am unsure how to do so.

In addition to this, does anyone know if there is a list somewhere with all of the default windows program arguments? And can they please provide the link? It would be very useful to me.

To clear any confusion some people may have, here is a screenshot of what I mean:

How do I use Task Scheduler to start a program minimized? [​IMG]

Thank you!

QwertySpace, Feb 6, 2023
  3. raywood Win User
    Start Batch File Minimized via Task Scheduler

I have a batch file scheduled to run in Task Scheduler in Windows 10. The batch file runs on schedule, but it opens a full CMD window. I have tried entering variations on start /min in the Task Scheduler properties, but these seem to have no effect.

The particular batch file opens and then pauses at a PAUSE statement, waiting for user response. I want it to start minimized partly because, when it opens to a full CMD window, it captures keystrokes, if I happen to be typing. In that case, the newly opened batch file blows past the pause and proceeds with its next steps. I don't want that to happen.

Possibly I am using the wrong term. When I say "minimized," I mean that the batch file will be visible as an item on the taskbar, but its window will not open up onscreen. To access the batch file, I will have to coolswitch to it or click on its taskbar icon.

So the question is, how can I start this batch file minimized, in the sense that it will open as a taskbar icon but not as a full CMD window?

raywood, Feb 6, 2023
  4. dalchina Win User

How do I use Task Scheduler to start a program minimized?

Start An EXE Minimized After Wake Up From Hibernate In Task Scheduler

Hello, I will answer part of your question, and suggest options for running minimised.
    Considering the task scheduler:
    This is the trigger event you need to specify:

How do I use Task Scheduler to start a program minimized? d1485970610t-start-exe-minimized-after-wake-up-hibernate-task-scheduler-snap-2016-08-14-08.55.59.jpg

I can't think why you'd want to delete the file unless you're desperately short of disk space...?

You can launch a file minimised from the task scheduler:
    How to run a batch file or other file minimized

You can use Autohotkey (free scripting tool) to launch it minimised

How do I use Task Scheduler to start a program minimized? d1485970610t-start-exe-minimized-after-wake-up-hibernate-task-scheduler-snap-2016-08-14-08.59.48.jpg

I'm assuming you already have a program that deletes hiberfil.sys

dalchina, Feb 6, 2023
Thema:

How do I use Task Scheduler to start a program minimized?

1. How do I use Task Scheduler to start a program minimized? - Similar Threads - Task Scheduler start

2. How do I use Task Scheduler to start a program minimized?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I use Task Scheduler to start a program minimized?: I'm trying to start CUPID HWMonitor to start minimized on login. I can start it minimized through the shortcut properties, and I can start it poped-up on login, but I can't get it to start minimized through Task Scheduler. Using /background or start/ min does not work either....
  3. How do I use Task Scheduler to start a program minimized?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I use Task Scheduler to start a program minimized?: I'm trying to start CUPID HWMonitor to start minimized on login. I can start it minimized through the shortcut properties, and I can start it poped-up on login, but I can't get it to start minimized through Task Scheduler. Using /background or start/ min does not work either....
  4. Task Scheduler running a program minimized.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler running a program minimized.: I have seen a lot of people asking the question about running a program minimized in Task Scheduler.Nobody seemed to have had an answer.This worked for me.......
  5. Task Scheduler running a program minimized.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler running a program minimized.: I have seen a lot of people asking the question about running a program minimized in Task Scheduler.Nobody seemed to have had an answer.This worked for me.......
  6. use Task Scheduler to start batch file, minimized?

in Windows 10 Support
    use Task Scheduler to start batch file, minimized?: I have already tried to find the solution using google, but literally none of them worked! At one point I edited the file/folder names, and changed the locations to those in the "solutions" but even that didn't work! You are my last hope! is there any way, any at all, you...
  7. How to start ClickOnce Program using Task Scheduler

How to start ClickOnce Program using Task Scheduler: I have tried several different techniques to start a ClickOnce application using Windows 10 Task Scheduler. None of them are satisfactory. For some of the attempts, the program doesn't seem to start There is no indication in Event Log or Task Schedule History that there was...
  8. How to start ClickOne Program using Task Scheduler

How to start ClickOne Program using Task Scheduler: I have tried several different techniques to start a ClickOnce application using Windows 10 Task Scheduler. None of them are satisfactory. For some of the attempts, the program doesn't seem to start There is no indication in Event Log or Task Schedule History that there was...
  9. Windows Arguments List - Start Programs Minimized with Task Scheduler.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Arguments List - Start Programs Minimized with Task Scheduler.: Hello Community! I'm trying to get BBC iPlayer downloads to start automagically at 2100 so that it can start downloading Doctor Who. I'd like it to start minimized, but I am unsure how to do so. In addition to this, does anyone know if there is a list somewhere with all...
  10. How do I minimize onedrive with task scheduler?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I minimize onedrive with task scheduler?: I like all my cloud service to start with a delay so my laptop starts and loads faster. I have OneDrive, Dropbox, Skype and Google Drive all starting with a delay in task scheduler but I cannot get OneDrive and Skype to start minimized! It's driving me crazy! I have the...