Windows 10: How do I use the default audio device for everything except Edge, and a different device...

Discus and support How do I use the default audio device for everything except Edge, and a different device... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I need to use the default audio device, 01 "Speakers Realtek High Definiti" for everything except for Edge. For Edge and Edge only, I would like to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by VerlanKliewer, Nov 5, 2020.

1. How do I use the default audio device for everything except Edge, and a different device...

I need to use the default audio device, 01 "Speakers Realtek High Definiti" for everything except for Edge. For Edge and Edge only, I would like to use 00 "Speaker USB Sound Blaster HD". How can I allow the default audio device to stay as "Speakers Realtek High Definiti", but for Edge only, the device Edge would use would be "Speaker USB Sound Blaster HD"?

:)

VerlanKliewer, Nov 5, 2020
  2. vostok Win User

Numerous audio devices - why?

See attached screenshot. I just got a new, bespoke PC and I'm confused as to why so many audio devices are listed.

The majority, as you can see, are coming up as "not plugged in". There seem to be two that are active - the system's default output and something called Realtek Audio HD.

Questions:

1) Why so many?
    2) What's the difference between the two active ones, and which should I use?

Thanks in advance.

vostok, Nov 5, 2020
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Problem with audio devices

Hi Marcello,

I appreciate you for trying some steps in order to get the issue resolved.

If you're connecting to an audio device using USB or HDMI, you might need to set that device as the default.

Open Start, enter Sound, select it from the list of results, and then, on the
    Playback tab, select a device, then Set Default.

I would also suggest you to turn off Audio enhancements.

• Go to Start, enter Sound, and select Sound Control Panel
      from the list of results.

• On the Playback tab, right-click (or tap and hold) the
      Default Device and select Properties.

• On the Enhancements tab, select the Disable all enhancements
      check box and try to play your audio device.

• If that doesn't work, select Cancel and, on the Playback
      tab, select another default device (if you have one), select the Disable all enhancements check box, and try to play audio again. Do this for each default device.
    Please revert if you face any issues with Audio.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Nov 5, 2020
  4. How do I use the default audio device for everything except Edge, and a different device...

Different default playback device for each user profile.

Hi hs369258,

Windows 10 has a feature that allows you to select a default sound output. If you want to replace your current audio device, you can select the other audio playback device available on your system and set it as
    default. To do so, follow these steps:

1. Right-click the sound icon in your system tray and click
      Playback Devices.
    2. On the Playback tab, check which device is the default. Then, right-click it then set it to default.

In addition, you can visit this link:
    https://winaero.com/blog/change-default-audio-device-windows-10/
    to perform an alternative option to change your default audio device.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Johann Eva, Nov 5, 2020
Thema:

How do I use the default audio device for everything except Edge, and a different device...

1. How do I use the default audio device for everything except Edge, and a different device... - Similar Threads - default audio device

2. How do I set a different default volume per audio device on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I set a different default volume per audio device on Windows 11?: So on Windows 10 I could have my laptop speakers permanently muted, and sound would only play when my bluetooth headset was connected.I can't figure out how to do that in Windows 11. In System -> Sound I can set the Speakers default as 'mute' and the Headphones default as...
  3. How do I set a different default volume per audio device on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I set a different default volume per audio device on Windows 11?: So on Windows 10 I could have my laptop speakers permanently muted, and sound would only play when my bluetooth headset was connected.I can't figure out how to do that in Windows 11. In System -> Sound I can set the Speakers default as 'mute' and the Headphones default as...
  4. How do i tell windows to allow everything to use my devices?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i tell windows to allow everything to use my devices?: I have any thing playing, everything thing else is mute. I dont get it. It only allows one device a time to use audio, everything else gets denied. Same thing goes for the mic. I have my PS controller plugin and I can no longer use my mic. I unplugg the controller, I can use...
  5. How do i tell windows to allow everything to use my devices?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i tell windows to allow everything to use my devices?: I have any thing playing, everything thing else is mute. I dont get it. It only allows one device a time to use audio, everything else gets denied. Same thing goes for the mic. I have my PS controller plugin and I can no longer use my mic. I unplugg the controller, I can use...
  6. How do i tell windows to allow everything to use my devices?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. App volume and Device Preferences not routing audio to different different devices on launch.

in Windows 10 Customization
    App volume and Device Preferences not routing audio to different different devices on launch.: Hello, I am having the same issue as a another post. The only way I can get audio to send to this device is to change the output to somewhere else, then back to the device again - every single time the app is restarted. This happens with not all, but with multiple different...
  8. How do I install an audio device ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I install an audio device ?: How do I install an audio device ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-install-an-audio-device/a0d5f6b8-60ec-458d-9f86-b994c3dadb3e
  9. App volume and Device Preferences not routing audio to different different devices.

App volume and Device Preferences not routing audio to different different devices.: As the subject says I have been having this trouble when trying to route the audio for programs to different devices it doesn't work. I can choose the device but it doesn't actually change where the audio is going. I have already tried closing the program and restarting it in...
  10. How to set an app to use Default Communication Device instead of Default Playback device

How to set an app to use Default Communication Device instead of Default Playback device: In my Windows 10 system, I have multiple audio devices. Ex: TV as HDMI monitor, USB Speakers, Headset connected to the front panel Headphone/Mic ports. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Most applications use the Default Playback device (currently set to USB Speakers as indicated by the...