Windows 10: How do I use the icacls command in Windows 10 to not allow anyone to copy or paste my...

Discus and support How do I use the icacls command in Windows 10 to not allow anyone to copy or paste my... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a flashdrive drive K that I want to share the files with people - with people only of my permission. The files will be machine readable for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ScottBradley5432, Dec 9, 2020.

1. How do I use the icacls command in Windows 10 to not allow anyone to copy or paste my...

I have a flashdrive drive K that I want to share the files with people - with people only of my permission. The files will be machine readable for example many electronic pianos take and read flashdrives but I don't want people copying and pasting whatever I have to other devices and distributing my items.

So how do I make it so nobody can copy my files and I am the only one who can distribute my files to other people?

:)

ScottBradley5432, Dec 9, 2020
  2. lx07 Win User

Icacls command usage ?

icacls is a command to change or display access. You noticed this earlier *Wink

In post #15 you have indicated you have Everyone which you need to remove and you don't have ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES which you should (but perhaps you didn't copy/paste it all into the quote).

The ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES SID is used by the modern Store Apps so if you are missing this SID in Program Files directory they will not work correctly.

You need to compare what you have to the defaults which I posted in post #14.

lx07, Dec 9, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    how do I copy and paste

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What is the exact issue that you’re facing?

• Are you not able to copy or paste the files?

• What exactly happens when you try to copy the files?

• Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• To copy
      Ctrl + C
    • To Paste ctrl + V
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/keyboard-shortcuts

Reply with necessary information so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards

Arun B J, Dec 9, 2020
  4. How do I use the icacls command in Windows 10 to not allow anyone to copy or paste my...

Icacls command usage ?

I found out you can simply type icacls {name of directory} and icacls will list permissions etc, which worked on a simple directory, new to me probably not news to you How do I use the icacls command in Windows 10 to not allow anyone to copy or paste my... :)

Ah alright How do I use the icacls command in Windows 10 to not allow anyone to copy or paste my... :)

JerometheGiraff, Dec 9, 2020
Thema:

How do I use the icacls command in Windows 10 to not allow anyone to copy or paste my...

1. How do I use the icacls command in Windows 10 to not allow anyone to copy or paste my... - Similar Threads - icacls command allow

2. How do I copy/paste from my clipboard and how do I resize the clipboard window?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I copy/paste from my clipboard and how do I resize the clipboard window?: I can't copy anything from my windows clipboard. When I click on an item, the clipboard disappears. Also, the clipboard window is too small...
  3. copy paste not allowed with encrypted video player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    copy paste not allowed with encrypted video player: Hi,I buy courses with encrypted video systemthe program has macine id and only plays on one device or pc but the issue I can't copy paste anything while this app is playingI own windows 10 with latest updates i will not close the app everytime i need to copy something would...
  4. how do i copy and paste

how do i copy and paste: how do i copy and paste https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-copy-and-paste/89550b4e-2be9-4466-a738-7a32404527d4
  5. how do i copy and paste

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i copy and paste: how do i copy and paste https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-copy-and-paste/89550b4e-2be9-4466-a738-7a32404527d4
  6. Everyday I do Windows+R and copy and paste a command from a text document to run a command,...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Everyday I do Windows+R and copy and paste a command from a text document to run a command,...: Essentially steam takes up a lot of memory on my old laptop when I’m gaming so to open steam I open a text document to copy and paste this command into Run: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe” -no-browser +open steam://open/minigameslist This opens up a small,...
  7. what icacls command gives administrative privileges in command prompt to use with DISM?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    what icacls command gives administrative privileges in command prompt to use with DISM?: I was using System restore with windows 10 when it crashed, all I can access now is the blue screens with the last one giving me the option of Advanced and on that Command Prompt. I cannot get anything else to work at all and its looking bleak. I have seen that the icacls...
  8. How do I Copy and Paste into Paint.net

How do I Copy and Paste into Paint.net: Having Selected a list of Items on a Web Page and then Right Clicked to Copy them, how do I Paste them into Paint.net? It doesn't seem to let me want to do that. 19481
  9. Icacls command usage ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Icacls command usage ?: Anyone familier with the Icacls command ? I want to do is make strictly a sub-folder located in Program Files have write access, then turn it off, either if possible, via a timer which I don't think is possible with the command. Or manually turn off write access. I...
  10. using copy/paste in command prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    using copy/paste in command prompt: Why can't I Paste into the command prompt box? I was trying to type a command into the command prompt box, so I though I'd save time by using "Copy/Paste", however this wouldn't work! Why? 78318