Windows 10: How do I use the storage on a external drive?

Discus and support How do I use the storage on a external drive? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm trying to download games onto a drive and I really don't know how.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LuckyLandings10, May 31, 2020.

1. How do I use the storage on a external drive?

I'm trying to download games onto a drive and I really don't know how.

:)

LuckyLandings10, May 31, 2020
  2. Mussels Win User

HELP!!! External Drive issues!!

you're in luck, the guy with way too much external storage is here to the rescue!

step 1: try with a different USB cable

step 2: take the drive out of the enclosure and connect it internally to your PC

quite likely the cable or enclosure has died. if you're re-initialising the disk you might actually be erasing it... so dont do that.

Mussels, May 31, 2020
  3. External drive

Hi Richard,

There are several factors that can cause your external drive to not read DVDs even though the system is recognizing the device. This could be caused by a driver that needs to updated or corrupted files. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions
    below:

• Just to confirm, the device that is not working properly is a external DVD optical drive?
    • Were there any recent changes or updates installed on your computer?
    • Have you tried to plug the external drive to a different port on your computer?

As a initial recommendation, we suggest that your run the built in troubleshooter in Windows 10. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” in the top left corner.
    • This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on
      Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

This will check for common errors that affect hardware on your computer and attempts to correct them.

We look forward to your response after completing the steps.

Jordan Dom, May 31, 2020
  4. How do I use the storage on a external drive?

Can't Access Either of My External Drives After 14393

Hi Michael,

To better assist you with your concern, I would like to ask if you're getting any error messages when accessing your external drives? If yes, can you provide us with the exact error message?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Go to Device Manager.
    • Click on USB Mass Storage.
    • Right click on your USB, and then click on Update Driver Software.
    • Once done, check if you can access your external drives.

Regards.

Ruizell Rey, May 31, 2020
Thema:

How do I use the storage on a external drive?

1. How do I use the storage on a external drive? - Similar Threads - storage external drive

2. How do I use external drive for Windows 10 update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I use external drive for Windows 10 update?: Windows 10 update requires more disk space. I have cleared quite a lot from my device, but to no avail. How can I use external drive such as USB stick? Information available on websites does not match options presented to me. Can anyone help please?...
  3. How do I use external drive for Windows 10 update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I use external drive for Windows 10 update?: Windows 10 update requires more disk space. I have cleared quite a lot from my device, but to no avail. How can I use external drive such as USB stick? Information available on websites does not match options presented to me. Can anyone help please?...
  4. How do I use external drive for Windows 10 update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How To Temporarily Extend C-Drive With External Storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How To Temporarily Extend C-Drive With External Storage: For better context, feel free to visit Page 3 of my "Correcting An Endless 'Automatic Repair' Loop" thread. Details and screengrabs are included in the most recent posts.I would like to ask the Microsoft Community about using an external storage device in order to temporarily...
  6. How To Temporarily Extend C-Drive With External Storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Temporarily Extend C-Drive With External Storage: For better context, feel free to visit Page 3 of my "Correcting An Endless 'Automatic Repair' Loop" thread. Details and screengrabs are included in the most recent posts.I would like to ask the Microsoft Community about using an external storage device in order to temporarily...
  7. How To Temporarily Extend C-Drive With External Storage

8. How do I recover storage on a External HDD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I recover storage on a External HDD?: I did a experiment on a HDD. But it failed so I formatted the Hard Drive. It had 5 TB of storage and went down to GB. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-recover-storage-on-a-external-hdd/35eacf98-1ff5-4afb-9801-702f2687054a
  9. How do I recover storage on a External HDD?

How do I recover storage on a External HDD?: I did a experiment on a HDD. But it failed so I formatted the Hard Drive. It had 5 TB of storage and went down to GB. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-recover-storage-on-a-external-hdd/35eacf98-1ff5-4afb-9801-702f2687054a
  10. How do I Defragment my Storage Drives?.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do I Defragment my Storage Drives?.: My OS is Windows 10 Home version 2004. I use a 125GB SSD only for the system and program installation files. Everything else I store and backup on my 500GB and 1TB HDD's. I have never defragmented my SSD as was advised it is not a good idea but after 7yrs I think it might be...