Windows 10: How do I use this android setup box as a proper casting device?

Discus and support How do I use this android setup box as a proper casting device? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a android setup box, from a company called jio. You cant install any third party apps on it. And also keep in there isnt a pre-installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sarthak_Das, Aug 30, 2020.

1. How do I use this android setup box as a proper casting device?

I have a android setup box, from a company called jio. You cant install any third party apps on it. And also keep in there isnt a pre-installed interface/software in the setup box itself for casting. The why do i have even the slightest hope of it ever working as a casting device? Find out below.

When both my PC and that device are connected to the same network my computer recognizes that device but not as a secondary display but as a 'software device' from what the device manager description says.

https://ibb.co/4M9ydhV

And it also contradicts itself by giving me an option like this

https://ibb.co/SfMP1KD

so when i click on 'cast to jio set up box' it starts casting that video file to the set up box directly without any kind of message or promt and I can use the remote to forward rewind or pause the video, no worries there, but the issue is I cant do anything to change the subtitles or the audio language.

And when I try to connect to a wireless display using the action center, this is what i see. My primary monitor, and nothing else.

https://ibb.co/SfMP1KD

Clicking on the 'Find more devices' below gets me to this screen'

https://ibb.co/GkMsNxS

It would be a nice help if someone could tell he a way to cast video files to my android device with changed subtitles and audio How do I use this android setup box as a proper casting device? :)

Thanks

submitted by /u/Sarthak_Das
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Sarthak_Das, Aug 30, 2020

2. I can't cast android device to windows 10 using Connect App

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to cast your android device to Windows 10 PC using connect app. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the make and model of the PC?
    • What is the Android version installed on the device?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if you are able to cast the device.

1. Press Windows + I key to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on System and then click
      Projecting to this PC
    3. Under Some Windows and Android devices can project to this PC when you say it’s OK select the drop down to
      Available everywhere.
    4. Now under Ask to project to this PC select
      First time only.
    5. Under Require PIN for pairing select
      Never.
    6. Now under This PC can be discovered for projection only when it’s plugged into a power source toggle the switch to On/Off.

Once you set these settings follow the steps below.

1. Press Windows + S key together and type
      Connect.
    2. Now open Settings on your
      Phone
      and click on Connecteddevices.
    3. Then select Cast and choose the PC
      name

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Aug 30, 2020
  3. Troubleshooting Android 6 screencast to Windows 10

If the Connect app isn't working, try another one. Here is a site with a few suggestions; it also has app descriptions and step-by-step instructions for installation and use. The downloads are also linked on the site.

Suggested ways to cast Android to PC

FredSavage187, Aug 30, 2020
  4. How do I use this android setup box as a proper casting device?

Can't connect to android tablet when using "Cast To Device"

I want to watch a movie on my tablet, while streaming it from my laptop. I managed to connect my android tablet, which is Samsung T325, to windows 10 over WiFi, so it appears in the list of connected devices, and in the "Cast To Device" menu. It added DAF
    UPnP and Windows 10.0 UPnP to a list of approved devices on my android tablet. However, when I click to "connect" in "Cast To Device" menu, it tries to connect, but then displays "unknown error" message.

Android version is 4.4.2, I believe it has miracast. At least it has screen mirroring option. Laptop has WiDi functionality.

Help?

Jack_T2015, Aug 30, 2020
Thema:

How do I use this android setup box as a proper casting device?

1. How do I use this android setup box as a proper casting device? - Similar Threads - android setup box

2. Cast to Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cast to Device: I have 3 Pioneer receivers, all of which are relatively new and supported the Cast to Device in Windows 10 and I used it often on all 3 receivers as well as my girlfriend's Pioneer receiver that is exactly like one of mine. They all stopped supporting the Cast to Device...
  3. Cast to Device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cast to Device: I have 3 Pioneer receivers, all of which are relatively new and supported the Cast to Device in Windows 10 and I used it often on all 3 receivers as well as my girlfriend's Pioneer receiver that is exactly like one of mine. They all stopped supporting the Cast to Device...
  4. How reset Cast to Device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How reset Cast to Device?: Is there any way to reset/refresh Cast to Device? If I turn off my Xbox it loses the option in Explorer and takes a long time for it to appear again once I turn the Xbox back on so wondering if it can be done manually....
  5. How reset Cast to Device?

How reset Cast to Device?: Is there any way to reset/refresh Cast to Device? If I turn off my Xbox it loses the option in Explorer and takes a long time for it to appear again once I turn the Xbox back on so wondering if it can be done manually....
  6. How reset Cast to Device?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Cast to Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cast to Device: I plan on buying another receiver and I really want the Cast to Device feature like my relatively new Pioneer unit has. My question is how will I know if the receivers I'm thinking of purchasing have that feature? Is there a technical term I should look for? A...
  8. I can't cast android device to windows 10 using Connect App

I can't cast android device to windows 10 using Connect App: I haven't been able to use the Connect App to cast android device to my laptop. since I updated Windows 10 to version 1909 18363.476 my laptop and android device has connected to same wifi network, But the Android device can't find the PC. How can I fix the problem?...
  9. android box

android box: can I connect a android box on my computer via usb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/android-box/7c721a13-7285-4018-bc0e-0d3eb9b12296
  10. Cast to Device

Cast to Device: When I select a file; right click; I see my neighbors devices listed. Why is this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cast-to-device/1bf969b2-4eed-4367-9e4b-ce46153a4b04