Windows 10: how do I validate my geo location

Discus and support how do I validate my geo location in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; when I try to access a website, I keep getting the message, "the geo location cannot be validated"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by YVETTESTREAHLE, Jul 5, 2019.

1. how do I validate my geo location

when I try to access a website, I keep getting the message, "the geo location cannot be validated"

:)

YVETTESTREAHLE, Jul 5, 2019

2. How to change the geo-location

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that Microsoft Edge shows incorrect location of your computer. We know its pretty annoying.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Is the issue particular to Microsoft Edge or all browsers also?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue
    • Do you see the incorrect location on a specific website?

• Where did you input your town and post code to change the location?
    I would like to let you know that the Microsoft Edge will detect the location that is configured on the system.

I suggest that you turn off and turn on the Location option in Settings. To do so, follow these steps.

• Press Windows key + I to open Settings.

• Click on Privacy on select Location
      tab.

• Check if Location is turned ON.

• If yes, turn it OFF and turn ON
    Hope this helps. If the issue persist, please post back with the required information. We’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jul 5, 2019
  3. some Websites think I'm in Canada - Geo-locators show location correct

If you enter Network and Internet within Settings, last item in left hand list > Proxy

These are my settings

how do I validate my geo location [​IMG]

Caledon Ken, Jul 5, 2019
  4. how do I validate my geo location

Windows 10 location Service

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.
    • Are you using domain network?

Location controls might be turned off or on, and you may be unable to change these settings, if you’re using a device assigned to you by your workplace, or if you’re using a personal device at your workplace. If that’s the case, Some settings are managed
    by your organization will appear at the top of the location settings page.

I would suggest you to follow the below path and check if it helps.

• Select the Start icon on your taskbar, and then select Settings > Privacy > Location.

I would suggest you to check if the Geo Location service is enabled and started. If not you have to Enable and start the service. follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type Services.msc In the search box.
    • Select Geo Location services.
    • Right click on it.
    • Go to properties and change start up type to automatic.
    I would also suggest you to check refer the suggestions from the below article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/location-service-privacy

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

how do I validate my geo location

1. how do I validate my geo location - Similar Threads - validate geo location

2. how do i get my Validation Code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i get my Validation Code: how do i get my Validation Code https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-validation-code/4a970846-26a6-41ec-a220-74e4d12aae99
  3. how do i get my Validation Code

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i get my Validation Code: how do i get my Validation Code https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-validation-code/4a970846-26a6-41ec-a220-74e4d12aae99
  4. Fix Error Code 0x8004dedc in OneDrive (Geo Location Problem)

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Error Code 0x8004dedc in OneDrive (Geo Location Problem): [ATTACH]If you see error code 0x8004dedc when using OneDrive for work or school, it could be because you are trying to use OneDrive for work or school in a different region. For example, you may have moved recently to a different country when you received this error. Most of...
  5. How do I locate the password for my ASP.NET account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I locate the password for my ASP.NET account?: Not sure why I ended up with an account named ASP.NET which was added along with my user account so I ended up with two accounts. I get the impression it is connected to downloads of Net Framework and used by develpers. Anyway I've really done it now. In the process of...
  6. How do i locate my microsoft liscense ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do i locate my microsoft liscense ?: Please advise how to locate windows liscense. I need to download an image for system restore. Thank you Mark https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-locate-my-microsoft-liscense/fc1c59a7-0410-4ee9-8ac3-853d3ac4df59"
  7. How do I get a valid IP configuration

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I get a valid IP configuration: How do I get a valid ethernet IP configuration https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-a-valid-ip-configuration/43a08469-79fd-48cd-ba40-c091b75e3844
  8. some Websites think I'm in Canada - Geo-locators show location correct

in Browsers and Email
    some Websites think I'm in Canada - Geo-locators show location correct: For about the past year and a half, some Websites think I'm in Canada for several PC’s in my house. Geo-locators show my location correctly. My issue shows up for several different browsers and I do not use Tor. I also do not use a VPN. I have not only visited the...
  9. how do I avoid two-step validation

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do I avoid two-step validation: I find Microsoft accounts a messy event. Everytime I try to login I have to go through two-step validation which never works correctly. Is there a way to prevent two-step validation. According to Microsoft, two-step validation is necessary for security. I have never had a...
  10. How do I locate my Administrator details?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I locate my Administrator details?: I have been asked to sign in using my Administrator details but I can't remember what I put? Thanks 85848

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to validate geo location

2. validate geo location