Windows 10: How do I view my passwords in Generic Credentials?

Discus and support How do I view my passwords in Generic Credentials? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Going to Credentials Manager, I am able to click "Show Password" and enter my password to view Web Credentials. However, under Windows Credentials... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JionSwagger, Jul 2, 2019.

1. How do I view my passwords in Generic Credentials?

Going to Credentials Manager, I am able to click "Show Password" and enter my password to view Web Credentials.

However, under Windows Credentials tab > Generic Credentials there is no option to "Show Password". How can I view my passwords for these Generic Credentials?

:)

JionSwagger, Jul 2, 2019

2. Windows 'generic credentials' unknown listing - what is this?

Hi Alexa,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

1. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC?
    2. Is the PC connected to any Domain Network?
    3. When you click on that unknown listing under Generic Credentials, do you get the remove option?

Windows Credential Manager basically allows you to store credentials, such as user names and passwords which you use to log on to websites.

Suggest you to refer to this article to know about
    Generic credentials
    on the Windows PC.

Hope this helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jul 2, 2019
  3. Steeboo Win User
    Managing Credentials with no password

The CREDENTIAL MANAGER - which, as I am logged in to my laptop - with NO user name / password (I chose to bypass this at build) - doesn't let me view
    MY OWN list of passwords !!!

How do I view MY OWN password list ?

Steeboo, Jul 2, 2019
  4. Steeboo Win User

How do I view my passwords in Generic Credentials?

Managing Credentials with no password

I am referring to the CREDENTIAL MANAGER - which, as I am logged in to my laptop - with NO user name / password (I chose to bypass this at build) - doesn't let me view MY OWN list of passwords !!!

How do I view MY OWN password list ?

Also - why was the response above - marked as THE ANSWER ?

It was NOT the answer and I feel that in assuming that it was the answer is PRESUMPTUOUS !!

I have removed this assumption....

Steeboo, Jul 2, 2019
Thema:

How do I view my passwords in Generic Credentials?

1. How do I view my passwords in Generic Credentials? - Similar Threads - view passwords Generic

2. How can I view my saved passwords in credential manager?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I view my saved passwords in credential manager?: When I try to view my saved passwords, it has a user name that I did not set up. How can I change that user name and add a password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-view-my-saved-passwords-in-credential/42b35076-908a-4181-af0e-66a16fc55f30
  3. How can I view my saved passwords in credential manager?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I view my saved passwords in credential manager?: When I try to view my saved passwords, it has a user name that I did not set up. How can I change that user name and add a password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-view-my-saved-passwords-in-credential/42b35076-908a-4181-af0e-66a16fc55f30
  4. How can I view my saved passwords in credential manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. View Windows Credentials Password in Credential Manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    View Windows Credentials Password in Credential Manager?: Hello,I would like to view the password I have highlighted in the included screenshot link.There aren't any options to view it, and attempts to edit the password have seemingly failed as the password does not update. I have also tried restarting the PC to no avail.I can...
  6. View Windows Credentials Password in Credential Manager?

View Windows Credentials Password in Credential Manager?: Hello,I would like to view the password I have highlighted in the included screenshot link.There aren't any options to view it, and attempts to edit the password have seemingly failed as the password does not update. I have also tried restarting the PC to no avail.I can...
  7. Can i view passwords in "Windows Credentials"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i view passwords in "Windows Credentials": A few years ago I networked a NAS to my windows 10 PC - and of course forgot the password. The password is also the pwd to the NAS unit and I'd rather not have to reset everything.... Is there any way to recover?...
  8. Can i view passwords in "Windows Credentials"

Can i view passwords in "Windows Credentials": A few years ago I networked a NAS to my windows 10 PC - and of course forgot the password. The password is also the pwd to the NAS unit and I'd rather not have to reset everything.... Is there any way to recover?...
  9. Generic credentials

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Generic credentials: Hi I would like to know what the following means : Microsoft_Paidconnectivity_WiFi_AccessToken Any help will be greatly appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/generic-credentials/c73f7df1-1e1f-47f9-ab2f-a6d3c2771acd
  10. Generic Credentials

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Generic Credentials: Under Generic Credentials there are several Users w/Passwords that are not me. Are they suppose to be there ? or is someone on my laptop computer, When I remove them, they come right back....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. view generic credentials passwords windows 10

2. view generic credential password

3. sso_pop_device

4. generic credentials,
  5. generic credentials password,
  6. No option to show password in Credential Manager,
  7. windows 10 view windows generic credentials,
  8. how to view generic credential passwords,
  9. how to see generic credentials password,
  10. Credential Manager/Windows Credentials/Generic Credentials,
  11. windows credential manager generic credential view password,