Windows 10: How do I view my passwords in Generic Credentials?

Discus and support How do I view my passwords in Generic Credentials? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Going to Credentials Manager, I am able to click "Show Password" and enter my password to view Web Credentials. However, under Windows Credentials... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JionSwagger, Jul 2, 2019.

1. How do I view my passwords in Generic Credentials?

Going to Credentials Manager, I am able to click "Show Password" and enter my password to view Web Credentials.

However, under Windows Credentials tab > Generic Credentials there is no option to "Show Password". How can I view my passwords for these Generic Credentials?

:)

JionSwagger, Jul 2, 2019

2. Windows 'generic credentials' unknown listing - what is this?

Hi Alexa,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

1. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC?
    2. Is the PC connected to any Domain Network?
    3. When you click on that unknown listing under Generic Credentials, do you get the remove option?

Windows Credential Manager basically allows you to store credentials, such as user names and passwords which you use to log on to websites.

Suggest you to refer to this article to know about
    Generic credentials
    on the Windows PC.

Hope this helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jul 2, 2019
  3. Steeboo Win User
    Managing Credentials with no password

The CREDENTIAL MANAGER - which, as I am logged in to my laptop - with NO user name / password (I chose to bypass this at build) - doesn't let me view
    MY OWN list of passwords !!!

How do I view MY OWN password list ?

Steeboo, Jul 2, 2019
  4. Steeboo Win User

How do I view my passwords in Generic Credentials?

Managing Credentials with no password

I am referring to the CREDENTIAL MANAGER - which, as I am logged in to my laptop - with NO user name / password (I chose to bypass this at build) - doesn't let me view MY OWN list of passwords !!!

How do I view MY OWN password list ?

Also - why was the response above - marked as THE ANSWER ?

It was NOT the answer and I feel that in assuming that it was the answer is PRESUMPTUOUS !!

I have removed this assumption....

Steeboo, Jul 2, 2019
Thema:

How do I view my passwords in Generic Credentials?

1. How do I view my passwords in Generic Credentials? - Similar Threads - view passwords Generic

2. Generic Credentials - MS live (SSO_POP_Device): Unrecognized username & password listed,...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Generic Credentials - MS live (SSO_POP_Device): Unrecognized username & password listed,...: Hi all! It seems the more I learn the less I know about computers! I desperately need to learn what to look for in terms of viruses or hackers on my computer, and do not want to install Norton, McAfee..not even the free Avast program as they have ALL failed me in the past. I...
  3. What is Windows Credential Manager (Generic Credentials) meant to be?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is Windows Credential Manager (Generic Credentials) meant to be?: This thing is confusing me. [img] When I check my Windows Credential Manager I always see 02qqrmpycirm and a password that recreates by itself even when I remove it. I have no idea what 02qqrmpycirm is. But when I check my registry I find this....
  4. How do I find the Network Credentials

How do I find the Network Credentials: How do I find the network Credentials for my two Windows 10 computers, I don't remember creating them on setup? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-the-network-credentials/2f2ac17b-6700-470f-819a-9b73243dcc23
  5. How do I change my previously saved credentials for ethernet?

How do I change my previously saved credentials for ethernet?: I'm living in Uni Dorms where we are supposed to access WiFi & Ethernet using our uni portal credentials, I updated my password recently and had to update it on my laptop. I logged in successfully with my new password with WiFi, but for some reason I cant find a way to change...
  6. How do I view my wish list?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How do I view my wish list?: Greetings, I've clicked on the wish list (heart) icon to add an app to my wish list. How can I view my wish list? When I go back to the same app, it shows as not being added to my wish list. Thanks, Shane....
  7. windows 10 credentials and password how do I find

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows 10 credentials and password how do I find: how to determine windows credentials and password for a computer. I know my password when I sign into the computer but not sure what credentials mean. It is asking me this when I want to view pictures from another computer. confused....
  8. how do i change my password

how do i change my password: how do I change my password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/how-do-i-change-my-password/1db110d7-edff-4605-8ad9-038d5f9d05b8"
  9. How do I view my wps documents?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I view my wps documents?: My Resumes are in WPS format, how do I convert them to text rich documents so that I can update them and print them out?...
  10. credential manager asks for password on my windows10 where do i get it

credential manager asks for password on my windows10 where do i get it: credential manager asks for password on windows 10 where can I get it if forgot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/credential-manager-asks-for-password-on-my/bd6ca2b8-8793-4310-b3f8-158c324123e5"