Windows 10: How do I view/recover WLAN credentials with WPA2-Enterprise/AES security settings?

Discus and support How do I view/recover WLAN credentials with WPA2-Enterprise/AES security settings? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there My notebook has Windows 10 Pro with the latest update all installed. I recently had WLAN credentials used on my laptop to enable internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by xprt007, Oct 4, 2019.

1. xprt007 Win User

How do I view/recover WLAN credentials with WPA2-Enterprise/AES security settings?

Hi there

My notebook has Windows 10 Pro with the latest update all installed.

I recently had WLAN credentials used on my laptop to enable internet access for a particular network using WPA2-Enterprise (AES), EAP Auth. I was not able to write a copy of these credentials at the time, which is something I usually do, in case for some reason, Windows 10 requires logging in anew, as it once in a while, something I'm afraid of, does to access the same network in different locations, although in 99.9% of the time, the login is automatic.

Furthermore, with "normal" WPA2-Personal (?) authentication, which is used in several networks whose credentials are saved on my notebook, one can access the password via Network properties => Security and making the password visible.

With WPA2-Enterprise (AES), this is not possible, one cannot view the username and password.

There's software like XenArmor Wifi Password Recovery, or Wirelesskeyview from Nirsoft, with which one can view at least the key.

Via command prompt => netsh wlan show profiles, it lists all the active profiles but omits the WPA2-Enterprise profile.

Is there any FREE way, one can view or extract the username and password for WPA2-Enterprise (AES) for a specific SSID?

Whereas the network connection is working, I do not know the credentials on my own machine!

The only apparently working means I found is EnterpriseWifiPasswordRecover from Github, but the problem is, it is too complicated to use. I had hoped, it's a simple program to download and run, but it is not and the instructions are too complicated.

The command C:\WINDOWS\system32>netsh wlan show profile name=ThisSpecificNetwork key=clear delivers some info, but no username/password, including:

Security settings
    -----------------
    Authentication : WPA2-Enterprise
    Cipher : CCMP
    Authentication : WPA2-Enterprise
    Cipher : GCMP
    Security key : Absent
    802.1X : Enabled
    EAP type : Microsoft: Protected EAP (PEAP)
    802.1X auth credential : User credential
    Credentials configured : No
    Cache user information : Yes

So is there any simple way I can view & secure/backup the used WPA2-Enterprise profile for a specific network I access with my own notebook, ie the username + password?

Thank you in advance.

:)

xprt007, Oct 4, 2019
  2. sysinit Win User

WLAN with WPA2 and AES not working with N80IE

Hi PapaGeno,

My in-laws had a WRT54G with firmware 7.00.4 set up with broadcast SSID, WPA2 personal and AES encryption. N, I was able to connect to it via my N80 using firmware 4.0707.07 and 5.0719.02.

I have the following set up:

- Data bearer: Wireless LAN

- WLAN netw. name: The broadcasted SSID

- Network status: Public

- WLAN netw. mode: Infrastructure

- WLAN security mode: WPA/WPA2

- WLAN security sett.:

--- WPA mode: Pre-shared key

--- Pre-shared key: The defined key within WRT54G

--- TKIP encryption: Not allowed

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

sysinit, Oct 4, 2019
  3. Not able to connect to company WLAN WPA2 AES PEAP with E71

On the Nokia web site, the capabilities of the 5800 are listed as:

WLAN support 802.11b/g

WEP

WPA

WPA2 (AES/TKIP)

Looks like I'm just missing a step somewhere. Several iPod touch users here in the office are able to connect to the same network without any detailed configuration at all!

NourishingStone, Oct 4, 2019
  4. jgarc10 Win User

How do I view/recover WLAN credentials with WPA2-Enterprise/AES security settings?

Nokia C3-00 WLAN - WPA2 Enterprise

I just bought Nokia C3-00 and I was able to use its internet capability via WLAN at home . In my corporate office, we are using WLAN with WPA2 - Enterprise as security settings. This means you need to use you Windows Active Directory domain account to use
    the internet via WLAN. Something like you need to use username "DOMAIN\Account_Name" and type the password before you can connect to WLAN.

When I checked the security settings option of WLAN on Nokia C3-00, it has no WPA2 - Enterpise. Is there any solution on how to have this WPA2 - Enterprise in Nokia C3 ?

I am already using the latest device software as of this date, and still I did not see this feature.

Please HELP.

jgarc10, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I view/recover WLAN credentials with WPA2-Enterprise/AES security settings? - Similar Threads - view recover WLAN

2. win11 & WPA2-enterprise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win11 & WPA2-enterprise: Maybe I should use English? In the past, our school’s WIFI has been using WPA2-Enterprise. A few days ago, after I updated win11, I found that I can no longer connect to the WIFI. I tried to change some settings in the configuration center as before when I used win10, but I...
  3. win11 & WPA2-enterprise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win11 & WPA2-enterprise: Maybe I should use English? In the past, our school’s WIFI has been using WPA2-Enterprise. A few days ago, after I updated win11, I found that I can no longer connect to the WIFI. I tried to change some settings in the configuration center as before when I used win10, but I...
  4. How do I set up windows credentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I set up windows credentials: When I try to access another computer on the network I need to enter my credentials. I cant find anywhere to set them up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-set-up-windows-credentials/709fe4b5-b4d0-4a60-9619-2264ad7d707b
  5. How do I set up windows credentials

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I set up windows credentials: When I try to access another computer on the network I need to enter my credentials. I cant find anywhere to set them up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-set-up-windows-credentials/709fe4b5-b4d0-4a60-9619-2264ad7d707b
  6. How do I set up windows credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Can't connect to eduroam WPA2-Enterprise

Can't connect to eduroam WPA2-Enterprise: Hello, I'm having a problem connecting to eduroam WiFi access points set up on universities from around the world. It uses WPA2-Enterprise for security. Every time I try to connect, it tries for about a minute with the message "Checking network requirements..." then...
  8. Please help: How do I view/recover WLAN credentials with WPA2-Enterprise/AES security settings?

Please help: How do I view/recover WLAN credentials with WPA2-Enterprise/AES security settings?: Hi there I have ever asked this => same question here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-viewrecover-wlan-credentials-with-wpa2/fdf45a3b-3558-4871-ac69-1d3fe7e4626c ... but got no answer that helped then, but need it more urgently than ever, if...
  9. how do i recover task view history

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do i recover task view history: restore task view full history https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-recover-task-view-history/44708c07-2145-4c7c-9bff-57003c2100d8
  10. How do I view my passwords in Generic Credentials?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I view my passwords in Generic Credentials?: Going to Credentials Manager, I am able to click "Show Password" and enter my password to view Web Credentials. However, under Windows Credentials tab > Generic Credentials there is no option to "Show Password". How can I view my passwords for these Generic Credentials?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wpa2 entreprise cache user information

2. View enterprise password windows 10

3. Windows extract wpa2 corporate eap credentials

4. windows 10 wifi password wpa2 enterprise,
  5. show windows 10 wpa 2 enterprise aes password,
  6. wifi driver netsh aes,
  7. how to view wpa2 enterprise wifi login,
  8. how to view enterprise wifi credentials,
  9. netsh wpa2 enterpise profile not in domain password,
  10. view username and password used to log into a wpa enterprise wifi on windows