Windows 10: How do I wake W10 from sleep mode

Discus and support How do I wake W10 from sleep mode in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, anyone know how to wake W10 frm sleep mode. Used to work til I got new updates/chips/bios etc. Now nothing seems to wake it & it turns off when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MarleysGhost, Oct 21, 2021.

1. How do I wake W10 from sleep mode

Hi, anyone know how to wake W10 frm sleep mode. Used to work til I got new updates/chips/bios etc. Now nothing seems to wake it & it turns off when I press the power button. Has anyone had the same problem.? thks

:)

MarleysGhost, Oct 21, 2021

2. Waking from sleep mode

Hi Kenneth,

For us to narrow down your concern with waking up your computer from sleep mode, we would like to know the following:

• Aside from Windows Update. were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of your screen when you wake up your computer from sleep mode.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Oct 21, 2021
  3. Chadi Win User
    ASUS Laptop Won't Wake from Sleep Mode

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model UX490UAR
    System Type x64-based PC
    SMBIOS Version 3.0

Problem: about 80% of the time, my laptop won't wake up from sleep mode via keyboard press or mouse move/click. I seem to be missing many common features in power plan too, even after fresh Windows 10 install.

Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 (clean)
    2. Updated all drivers
    3. Replicated on multiple Windows 10 versions, updates
    4. BIOS latest version
    5. No USB devices attached, ever. Only USB-C power and bluetooth mouse
    6. Disabled "fast startup" in control panel

How do I wake W10 from sleep mode [​IMG]

Chadi, Oct 21, 2021
  4. How do I wake W10 from sleep mode

Computer Wakes Up from sleep mode after installing W10

Original title: Computer Wakes Up sine installing W10

Since upgrading to W10 my Acer PC it keeps waking up every 15 minutes after putting it to sleep with the sleep button. This used to happen when I first connected it to BT using an Ethernet cable. I sorted this problem out then and it has been OK since but
    now it started happening again. I have disconnected the cable and put it on Wi-Fi and it was OK for a couple of days and now it has started waking up again. I have unchecked all the power management settings that say 'allow this device to wake up etc'.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Prickly-Dave, Oct 21, 2021
Thema:

How do I wake W10 from sleep mode

1. How do I wake W10 from sleep mode - Similar Threads - wake W10 sleep

2. How do I wake W10 from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I wake W10 from sleep mode: Hi, anyone know how to wake W10 frm sleep mode. Used to work til I got new updates/chips/bios etc. Now nothing seems to wake it & it turns off when I press the power button. Has anyone had the same problem.? thks...
  3. How do I wake W10 from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I wake W10 from sleep mode: Hi, anyone know how to wake W10 frm sleep mode. Used to work til I got new updates/chips/bios etc. Now nothing seems to wake it & it turns off when I press the power button. Has anyone had the same problem.? thks...
  4. W10 - BSOD after waking from sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    W10 - BSOD after waking from sleep mode: Hello,I have a laptop that keeps getting the BSOD when it comes out of sleep mode with the error code: "Unexpected Store Exception"I have tried checking for corrupted files, reinstalling drivers, scanning for viruses and even reinstalling Windows 10 but the issue still...
  5. Wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wake up from sleep mode: I am using a Dell Precision M4800 and the most recent W10 updates. For some time I have been interested in using the 'sleep' mode but have not used it yet. The reason being that I cannot find instructions anywhere on how to 'wake' the machine up when I wish to work again....
  6. Waking from sleep mode.

Waking from sleep mode.: After a Windows 10 update four days ago, my desktop computer won't wake up after going into sleep mode. The only way I have been able to cope with this is to unplug the power for several seconds. How can I fix the problem so that touching the keyboard or mouse will wake up...
  7. Wake up from sleep mode

Wake up from sleep mode: Using a Acer desktop with the latest version of Windows 10. My monitor will not wake from the sleep mode. Montior is a HP w17e. Pc is set to sleep after 20 minutes and monitor is set to never sleep but goes to sleep when PC does. PC will wake just fine but monitor will...
  8. how do i wake up my dell inspiron from sleep mode?

how do i wake up my dell inspiron from sleep mode?: how do i wake up my dell inspiron from sleep mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-wake-up-my-dell-inspiron-from-sleep-mode/3e233d1c-b865-4a1b-a46d-15045e81beda
  9. waking up from sleep mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    waking up from sleep mode: how do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/waking-up-from-sleep-mode/b4ff1b9a-ea46-4a3a-975c-1d05f338aeae"
  10. Not wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Not wake up from sleep mode: My box does not wake up from "sleep" mode. I tried wake-up with keyboard and power button, but not worked. The psecs of my box is here; OS: windows 10 pro x64 CPU: i7-920 Motherboard: Asus P5X58D Premium Memory: G Skill F3-12800CL9-2GBNQ 2G x 6 Graphics Card(s): Nvidia...