Windows 10: How do I whitelist addresses blocked by Windows Defender Firewall?

Discus and support How do I whitelist addresses blocked by Windows Defender Firewall? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My Windows 10 is blocking Internet access to certain Web sites. Every time this happens, a notification about "virus & threat protection connection... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by hello10, Dec 14, 2018.

1. hello10 Win User

How do I whitelist addresses blocked by Windows Defender Firewall?

My Windows 10 is blocking Internet access to certain Web sites. Every time this happens, a notification about "virus & threat protection connection blocked" notification pops up. If I disable WDFW, I could get to the destinations in question.

I don't want to have to repeat the process every time, so I checked the WDFW outbound and inbound rules as well as the HOST file. The Web sites are not on their lists. From where or on what then is WDFW basing its action? From MS or 3rd-party sources? Most importantly, how do I whitelist the addresses (because I don't want to disable the FW)? I tried creating outbound rules in WDFW allowing access to the IP addresses, no go.

:)

hello10, Dec 14, 2018
  2. Arctucas Win User

Windows Firewall blocking websites

I have blocked IP addresses, e.g. 255.255.255.255, not URLs, e.g. somewebsite.co m.

As far as unblocking, look at your Windows Firewall rules. Do you see anything that is blocked? If you do, click on the Scope tab and see what is listed there.

Arctucas, Dec 14, 2018
  3. Anil K R Win User
    Add IP address and URL to Windows Defender Firewall Exclusion.

Team.

Please let me know how to add a series of IP address and URL to Windows Defender Firewall in Windows 10 Enterprise N.

One of my application is not opening and the technical support of the application instructed me to white list the URL and IP address in Windows Defender Firewall.

eg: -

*.asxyz.com

*.sync.app.asxyz.com

Please explain by which I can Whitelist the above in Windows Defender - Win 10.

Thank you

Anil. K

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Network & internet

Anil K R, Dec 14, 2018
  4. mike1127 Win User

firewall rule to block addresses NOT on an IP list?

I am just starting to learn the Windows Firewall (working on both Windows 7 and 10) and I'm not impressed with the inflexibility of its rules. I would like to know if

1. Is there is a way to do what I want with Windows Firewall?
    2. Is there is a third-party firewall that would do it?

What I want to do is create a rule that blocks outgoing connections, for program X, that are to a destination **NOT** in an IP list.

Windows Firewall is not very flexible in how you specify IP list rules. When you give an IP list, your rule will match that list... you can't say "trigger the rule for non-matching IP addresses." Therefore to allow outgoing connections to a list, you have to

1. Change the entire firewall policy to block outgoing connections by default so that you can create an "allow rule" matching your list. This will mess up the rest of your programs.

2. Somehow combine a block rule and allow rule. Create a block rule for most traffic, with the "allow" rule overriding it when appropriate. However, this doesn't appear to be possible in general. It **may** be possible for connections that use IPSec, I'm not sure. And I'm not sure if I can use IPSec in my application.

And is there a third-party firewall that can do it? Most 3rd-party firewalls are LESS sophisticated than Windows Firewall, because the use case they are addressing is providing an interface that doesn't require much comprehension. I need one that's actually MORE sophisticated than Windows Firewall.

mike1127, Dec 14, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I whitelist addresses blocked by Windows Defender Firewall? - Similar Threads - whitelist addresses blocked

2. how do i add multiple ip addresses to be blocked into windows 11 firewall all at once

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i add multiple ip addresses to be blocked into windows 11 firewall all at once: Having to entering each ip address one by one is ridiculous. There's go to be a better way! how do i add multiple ip addresses to be blocked into windows 11 firewall all at once, not one by one?...
  3. Endpoint Firewall Whitelisting

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Endpoint Firewall Whitelisting: Hello, I am working implementing Endpoint Firewall but I am facing some issues when applying the firewall rules to my workstations.Target: Block outgoing traffic on ports 80 and 443 from the workstationsIssue: When the block rules are applied, control of the worksations is...
  4. windows store ip whitelisting in firewall

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows store ip whitelisting in firewall: I have created an outbound rule in my windows defender to block ports 443 and 80. How can i allow windows store access in that device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-store-ip-whitelisting-in-firewall/9348054b-a95b-4d34-b595-45cfee03d8be
  5. Windows defender blocking my application - how to whitelist for users?

Windows defender blocking my application - how to whitelist for users?: I've created an application for a MMO that I've maintained for over 10 years. All of a sudden, users are reporting that Windows Defender is flagging it as suspicious. The detection line says PAU:Win32/CoinMiner. I've scanned my computer with Webroot and Windows defender...
  6. Windows Defender Firewall is blocking printing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Defender Firewall is blocking printing: I have a Canon LBP 5050N printer on my LAN at a fixed IP address 192.168.0.10. This is a new PC running Windows 10 Build 19041 i.e. the latest, May edition. Windows Defender Firewall is blocking printing. If I turn WDF off for private networks, printing operates. I've...
  7. how do I block a program in a firewall?

how do I block a program in a firewall?: how do I block a program in a firewall? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-do-i-block-a-program-in-a-firewall/ff53f7b0-8814-435b-8677-af81cae5cc1f
  8. How to block an IPv6 address in windows firewall

How to block an IPv6 address in windows firewall: I have noticed some suspicious activity on my computer. My Gmail password might even have been changed I’ve not change the back, so I am very concerned. The activity seems to be coming from an iPv6 address. So, I would like to block it with windows firewall....
  9. Defender firewall block

Defender firewall block: This opened when I logged in: Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of SchedulerConsole on all public and private networks. Name: SchedulerConsole Publisher: Unknown Path: C:\program files...
  10. Windows defender firewall blocked app

Windows defender firewall blocked app: What does this mean? When I tried opening iTunes on my laptop C:\program files\windowsapps\appleinc.itunes_12096.3.41072.0_x64__nzyj5cx40ttqa\itunes.exe...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender whitelist

2. How to whitelist URL in firewall

3. whitelist windows defender

4. how to whitelist a website in firewall,
  5. firewall whitelist,
  6. windows firewall whitelist,
  7. windows defender firewall whitelist,
  8. how to whitelist addresses in firewall,
  9. windows defender website whitelist,
  10. windows firewall whitelist sites,
  11. WINDOWS DEFENDER WHITELIST url,