Windows 10: How do I word a question which advisors repeatedly misunderstand?

Discus and support How do I word a question which advisors repeatedly misunderstand? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I (and numerous other users it seems) ask the following of advisors / techs it is more often than not misunderstood, so how do I word it so that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Clayto222, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Clayto222 Win User

How do I word a question which advisors repeatedly misunderstand?

When I (and numerous other users it seems) ask the following of advisors / techs it is more often than not misunderstood, so how do I word it so that this does not happen? The question is along the following lines : computer does not respond to the power button, or power button will not switch my computer on, or computer is stuck before it starts booting, even with a bootable flash drive connected my PC will not start etc.

The advisor almost always responds with advice to do XYZ --- but XYZ cannot be done because the computer will not switch on. Even the procedure of trying to start 3 times automatically will take you to the Recovery options does not work: the computer is a dead parrot, it just does not switch on.

How should the question be worded so that the advisor does not recommend actions which are impossible?

:)

Clayto222, Feb 20, 2019

2. Unable to edit Word documents in Windos 10

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

Word, Excel and PowerPoint are Office applications. There are different Office versions. You may follow the steps below to check which version of Office you are using.

• Go to File Then select Account.

• Click on About Word (Which have symbol of question mark).

I also suggest you to check multiple versions of Microsoft Office is installed or not in your system. You may follow the steps below:

• Go to Control panel.

• Click on programs and features.

Please do let us know the version of Office that you are using for further assistance.

Anju Thekkethil, Feb 20, 2019
  3. Should I Be Concerned and Extra Cautious

I copied and pasted to Word your checklist. I even numbered the steps. I should have asked if the order is critical, e.g., these steps should be done in the order listed?

10 Run Belarc Advisor and print out the system inventory it provides.
    11 Remove any 3rd-party anti-virus software, hard drive monitoring software, and Speccy if you have it.
    12 Run Ccleaner Free on the registry.

thanks

baumgrenze, Feb 20, 2019
  4. Nath Bea Win User

Wrong "remove from list" document on word mobile.

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern about re-enabling files that were removed from the Recent Documents List in Word, we suggest to follow this steps:

• Click the FILE tab in the program.
    • Click Options from the list on the left side of the screen.
    • On the Word Options dialog box, click Advanced in the list of options on the left.
    • On the Advanced screen, scroll down to the Display section. Select the value in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box. You can choose to change the value to 0 to disable the list.
    • When you open Word, or select the Open option in the program, there are no documents in your Recent Documents list.
    • To re-enable the list, go back into the Word Options dialog box and enter the desired value (from 0 to 50, inclusive) in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box on the Advanced screen. If any documents were previously displayed in the Recent Documents
      list, they are added to the list again.

We're just here if you have further questions.

Regards.

Nath Bea, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I word a question which advisors repeatedly misunderstand? - Similar Threads - word question advisors

2. How do I download word.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I download word.: I want to download word.... the application, chatGPT makes me downlaod the internet versions... that is not what I want, how do I download the application of microsoft word that run on my computer and not on the internet browser...
  3. How do I download word.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I download word.: I want to download word.... the application, chatGPT makes me downlaod the internet versions... that is not what I want, how do I download the application of microsoft word that run on my computer and not on the internet browser...
  4. This is not the question but an answer to the locked question as an update for advisor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This is not the question but an answer to the locked question as an update for advisor: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-while-doing-something-that-is-not-intense/66eb6973-3d1e-4984-a288-e15932744b6dThe default cpu voltage in bios are somehow undervolt and this cause when cpu are in idle state voltage drop too low and crash so I turn on...
  5. This is not the question but an answer to the locked question as an update for advisor

This is not the question but an answer to the locked question as an update for advisor: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-while-doing-something-that-is-not-intense/66eb6973-3d1e-4984-a288-e15932744b6dThe default cpu voltage in bios are somehow undervolt and this cause when cpu are in idle state voltage drop too low and crash so I turn on...
  6. This is not the question but an answer to the locked question as an update for advisor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. How do I join the independent advisor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I join the independent advisor?: I want to work as a Technical independent advisor. How do I apply?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-join-the-independent-advisor/e433c5c3-b6cf-4e6b-bba6-17d08a9042a6
  8. How do I join the independent advisor?

How do I join the independent advisor?: I want to work as a Technical independent advisor. How do I apply?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-join-the-independent-advisor/e433c5c3-b6cf-4e6b-bba6-17d08a9042a6
  9. How do I join the independent advisor?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  10. How Do I Reload Word

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How Do I Reload Word: I have Office Home & Student. Only my Word is corrupted. I have Product Key. I want to do clean install and reset everything again on Word. only. How? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reload-word/4c7a73f4-a5cb-463a-84a6-c2896dd5e38d"