Windows 10: How do technicians remote in to computers legitimately ?

Discus and support How do technicians remote in to computers legitimately ? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to find the utility that I once used to remotely connect to a computer. It worked and I did not need someone on the other end to be there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DonMurray, May 1, 2020.

1. DonMurray Win User

How do technicians remote in to computers legitimately ?

I am trying to find the utility that I once used to remotely connect to a computer. It worked and I did not need someone on the other end to be there to press a button every 4 minutes. I want to be able to connect up to several various different computers for 1 or 2 hours commercially. Surly we are not going to shell out 40 dollars for each one of those connections we make. there must be a solution that technicians use to remote in that is not in violation of its user policy. I do not like saying that its for personal use when I am using to make money helping a cleint. So far I have tried teamviewer, aeroadmin, gotomypc, Google remote desktop, and now I am trying to wrap my head around the SSH bitvice. It appears non of these are really a workable solution for my needs. I hope to be able to help people get things done via remote desktop. Google Remote desktop would work if it did not have that 4 minutes. If the guy on the other end is not paying attention then you have to go through the ip address re-connection process and go through all that all over again. this does not work out.
    ITs close but its not going to work.
    Team-viewer states that it can not be used for business purposes. So is there a utility out there that will work out legitimately ?
    of course windows remote desktop will work if your computer belongs to a server network or domain controller. Here in Wyoming its small business with peer to peer networks and windows home or business.

:)

DonMurray, May 1, 2020

2. Computer Technician Code of Ethics

Hey, Im writing a page for my coworkers that is to assist them with diagnosing and repairing computer problems over the phone. The first page of the site is going to be for Explaining the ethics of being a computer technician. The big thing here is to make sure that the agent understands the ethics of computers and that it is logical. Any suggestions?

I was thinking of obvious ones like : Never lie to the customer. Always make sure that the customer understands what you are doing....

Killer_Rubber_Ducky, May 1, 2020
  3. Akumos Win User
    Computer Technicians Essential Tool Kit

Hi! For Christmas I'm getting a Belkin Tool Kit. The idea is to create a thread with 1 or 2 suggestions each on essential tools needed by a computer technician. I want to make my tool kit as complete as possible so I'm asking for suggestions on what to buy to add to it. I don't just mean for upgrading a computer... I want troubleshooting gear too and other useful tools. I'll start with:

SATA/IDE to USB Cable

Every computer techie should have one... I need to use one of these about twice a week!! What else can you think of?

Akumos, May 1, 2020
  4. Ditendra Win User

Sophiisticated scam or legitimate service?

This is obvious scam. Google employee would never call you.

"I just like to inform you that we are a legitimate company. Without your
    permission we cannot control your device because if we need to control your
    computer, we have to call you to run TeamViewer software, when you will
    share your Teamviewer ID & Password with us, then only it is possible for
    us to control your device with your permission. This is the way of a
    genuine company."

You need to remember that scammers are always trying to manipulate victims. This is their job. Of course they won't admit that they aren't legitimate or scammers. And them saying that they need your permission for remote controlling "to prove you that they're legitimate" is just another tactic of manipulation, so you think, "oh if they were scammers they wouldn't need my permission."

They are 100% scammers. You must be really very naive to not notice it. Anyway, all you need to do now is to block their number, put them in spam. They will probably try to call you again from the different numbers. Anytime they will call you, straightaway hangup. If they don't stop, I would suggest you to change your number. Also there is another way. I don't know if they were calling you to your smartphone or landline phone, but if it's a smartphone, then most smartphones have this ability where it blocks all unknown numbers automatically. I know it's not an ideal option, but it's the only thing to do if you don't want to change your phone number. For example my android phone has a feature to block calls from the strangers and also block calls from hidden numbers and even from contacts. Anyway, they somehow gained your personal information (number, email and etc)... And also remember, there are whole departments in the world that obtain, collect & then sell such information to scammers.

Next step after blocking and putting them in spam (& also report their emails to google) is to clean install of your windows if there's even a small suspicion that they had remote control of your computer. Disconnect your computer from the Internet. Format your disk and clean install Windows. After this change passwords of your important accounts & increase security as much as possible (very important to enable 2-step verification wherever you can).

And lastly, remember few golden rules:
    • Never give your credit card information to anyone! Even if God descends from the sky and asking your cc number.
    • Never make a transaction to some company you have not enough information, that has not reputation and name, in short in some shady companies and remember, even reviews can be faked and fabricated.
    • Never send money to strangers.
    • Never give strangers remote control of your computer.
    P.S. I suggest you to use password managers like Lastpass or Bitwarden, definitely use strong password and enable 2-step verification for them & also use strong and complex passwords (You can use this site for generating strong passwords: Strong Random Password Generator or you if you're using Chrome, it also can generate for you and also lastpass and bitwarden also have this ability).

Ditendra, May 1, 2020
Thema:

1. How do technicians remote in to computers legitimately ? - Similar Threads - technicians remote computers

2. how to to access device remotely from remote computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to to access device remotely from remote computer?: hello all i need help how to to access device remotely from remote computer?USB from remote computer to OBD2 interface to car. or Ethernet to OBD2like this...
  3. how to to access device remotely from remote computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to to access device remotely from remote computer?: hello all i need help how to to access device remotely from remote computer?USB from remote computer to OBD2 interface to car. or Ethernet to OBD2like this...
  4. Technician wants remote access

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Technician wants remote access: I recently built my first PC. I downloaded and installed a free version of Windows 10 Pro. I waited until I had some extra cash and decided to buy Windows 10 Home as my OS. I was told by one technician, Home will override Pro. But it did not. I get an error 0x803F700. I found...
  5. How do I solve this? Should I take it to a computer repair technician?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I solve this? Should I take it to a computer repair technician?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/007ak47 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fadz39/how_do_i_solve_this_should_i_take_it_to_a/
  6. microsoft technician

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    microsoft technician: Hi Peeps This should be an easy question. Can someone please tell me do microsoft technicians still offer IT services to the public for a yearly subscription? If the answer is yea how do I find them to sign up? I want to start my own small business and wish to recruit...
  7. Is this legitimate?

Is this legitimate?: I am not a surface customer and I got this email. Is this legit? Subject: Microsoft Extended Service Contract/Registration Confirmation_ 70-NVF64 | UIN3862 Date: xxxx From: Bulk Warranty Registration Alias <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> To: xxxx CC: Bulk...
  8. Is Mega Metro Academy a legitimate company with certified Microsoft security technicians?

Is Mega Metro Academy a legitimate company with certified Microsoft security technicians?: They just charged my $937.90 to repair my web network that they said had been hacked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-mega-metro-academy-a-legitimate-company-with/9b6d39f7-7fa4-401d-8b1b-a23ffb85e31b"
  9. where do you report technicians

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    where do you report technicians: I have had a nightmare of three different techies leaving me while my pc is remotely controlled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-you-report-technicians/43b135bc-9177-4900-9e68-02d2a42bd8aa
  10. how do i talk to an official technical support technician

how do i talk to an official technical support technician: i keep getting non Microsoft technicians . my new laptop my be compromised . please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_other-protect_scanning-windows_10/how-do-i-talk-to-an-official-technical-support/f2f733a0-9657-4c51-98a1-74fd690ca427