Windows 10: How do the data limits work in Connection Properties?

Discus and support How do the data limits work in Connection Properties? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have noticed what, I think, is a new feature under connection properties, called "set data limit". How, and when, is this limit enforced? How does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EdWarne, Oct 6, 2018.

1. EdWarne Win User

How do the data limits work in Connection Properties?

I have noticed what, I think, is a new feature under connection properties, called "set data limit". How, and when, is this limit enforced? How does the "limit background use" option work?

My issue is that I have a connection that is metered during the day (8am-midnight), but not overnight. I wish to restrict MS and other updates (eg Skype and IBM Trusteer Rapport) to the unmetered hours. Can a feature similar to the setting of restart times be introduced?

MS is already downloading large chunks (sometimes 100MB) of data, which it does not identify, via Host Process for Windows Services (these do not show in Windows Update History), and I would like the option to make these, whatever they are, happen in unmetered hours. Likewise, Skype has no option to choose how, and when, updates are downloaded..

:)

EdWarne, Oct 6, 2018
  2. Arul_D Win User

Wifi Connected but Limited Connection

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

• Are you able to connect to the internet? If yes, you may disable the error message
    I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if this helps:

Method 1:

This error message can be displayed when, in fact, you are already connected to the Internet. If that is the case, you can safely ignore the error message.

To disable the error message, follow these steps.

• Open network connections from control panel.
    • Double-click Local Area Connection, and then click
      Properties.
    • In the General tab, click to clear the
      Notify me when this connection has limited or no connectivity check box.
    • Click OK, and then click
      Close
    Method 2: Run Network troubleshooter.

• Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.
    • Select “View all” from the left panel.
    • Select “Network Adapter” troubleshooter and then follow the on-screen instructions.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Arul_D, Oct 6, 2018
  3. Missing field Connect using in Local Area Connection Properties

Have you tried uninstalling the Network Adapter? Since there is no properties in the Local Area Connection, we suggest that you uninstall the Network Adapter. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows Key + R.
    • Type devmgmt.msc.
    • Right click on the Network Adapter.
    • Select Uninstall.
    • Select Ok.
    • Select Scan for Hardware changes.
    Update us on the results.

Reymichael Ros, Oct 6, 2018
  4. How do the data limits work in Connection Properties?

limited wifi connection - android works where internet 10 does not

Hi Dave,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if this helps:

Method 1: Are you able to connect to the internet? If yes, you may disable the error message.

This error message can be displayed when, in fact, you are already connected to the Internet. If that is the case, you can safely ignore the error message.

To disable the error message, follow these steps.

• Open network connections from control panel.
    • Double-click Local Area Connection, and then click
      Properties.
    • In the General tab, click to clear the
      Notify me when this connection has limited or no connectivity check box.
    • Click OK, and then click
      Close

Method 2: Also I suggest you to
    run the Network troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.
    • Select “View all” from the left panel.
    • Select “Network Adapter” troubleshooter and then follow the on-screen instructions.
    Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

How do the data limits work in Connection Properties?

1. How do the data limits work in Connection Properties? - Similar Threads - data limits Connection

2. Data limit closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data limit closed: I have windows 11, data limit closed, how I use internet. I can't use internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-limit-closed/fc6966ec-5322-40e6-9d6f-c30c061337b4
  3. Data limit closed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Data limit closed: I have windows 11, data limit closed, how I use internet. I can't use internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-limit-closed/fc6966ec-5322-40e6-9d6f-c30c061337b4
  4. data limit stuked

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    data limit stuked: in win 10 data limit stuked 0mb why ?please solution.gives https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-limit-stuked/a49abc8d-25e5-4371-b1f3-8d0e31d95a6b
  5. Daily Data Usage Limit

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Daily Data Usage Limit: [ATTACH] Please upvote: https://aka.ms/AAbib54 https://preview.redd.it/hoif7gml9hm61.png?width=401&format=png&auto=webp&s=9996af913b3f855b1dda6128efb372ad075346b4 submitted by /u/3dWrecker [link] [comments]...
  6. Wifi data limit

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi data limit: I setup a wifi data limit and when it's reached a notification is sended to me. Can I disable wifi automatically instead? submitted by /u/Geekest07 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iv3gwv/wifi_data_limit/
  7. Set cellular data limit

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Set cellular data limit: I've found multiple articles on how to set the cellular data limit within Windows using the GUI but none on how I do it with command line so I can push it out to multiple machines. I have found how to use netsh to make sure the interface is marked as a metered connection,...
  8. How to manage the Data Usage Limit on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to manage the Data Usage Limit on Windows 10: [ATTACH]Windows 10 features an easy way to monitor and control data usage. If you do not have an unlimited data package or plan to monitor […] This article How to manage the Data Usage Limit on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. Hot Spot - Metered Connection "Limited Data Plan" is inadequate

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hot Spot - Metered Connection "Limited Data Plan" is inadequate: I access the internet using a Hot Spot through my T-Mobile phone. Metered Connections Limited Data Plan is ON. Servicing stack update (SSU) is current. The automatic updates function REPEATEDLY attempt to download regardless of my "Active Hours" setting: 9 am to 11...
  10. How to download with a limited data plan

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to download with a limited data plan: Hi, I've searched on the subject, here and googling but not really finding an exact answer. I live in the country so only have broadband by satellite with limited data each month. I can't download windows 10 without just about using it up. I have a pc and a laptop. The pc has...