Windows 10: How do the OneDrive plans really work?

Discus and support How do the OneDrive plans really work? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So the language on the OneDrive plans and pricing page is very vague. I sent them a very friendly, concise, and organized query about my issues... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sharpnova, Apr 1, 2020.

1. sharpnova Win User

How do the OneDrive plans really work?

So the language on the OneDrive plans and pricing page is very vague.

I sent them a very friendly, concise, and organized query about my issues months ago.

They promptly ignored it completely, which I found completely disgusting.

Also, when you try to ask a question and you look at all the options for categories, OneDrive is not one of them. So I am 100% confident that Microsoft does not wish to support this feature and probably wants to get out of the cloud storage business ASAP. I've always been a Microsoft fan but that is over.

That said, it's business so I still need to consider their offerings.

Since Micorosft doesn't want my business, I need to turn to users here who hopefully might be able to resolve my issue.

On the Business plans section, I see this:

"*Unlimited individual cloud storage for qualifying plans for subscriptions of five or more users, otherwise 1 TB/user. Microsoft will initially provide 1 TB/user of OneDrive for Business storage, which admins can increase to 5 TB/user. Request additional storage by contacting Microsoft support. Storage up to 25 TB/user is provisioned in OneDrive for Business. Beyond 25 TB, storage is provisioned as 25 TB SharePoint team sites to individual users."

The thing about this that confuses me is that I don't see any asterisks elsewhere on the page so I don't know if it applies to all business plans or just one in particular.

What I find difficult to understand is this:

If I have a business with five people, are we really able to get 125 TB of cloud storage for a meager $25/month? Why/how is Microsoft offering this amount at this rate?

I'm also curious as to why they have insulted me so harshly but I guess I'd really just like to know the answer to the practical question first. I can deal with their customer service later if I decide to go this route.

Also, I see that in the "Category" that I need to select for this post, OneDrive is also not an option. How utterly ridiculous, foolish, and nasty on their part! I have always been a Microsoft fan but that is 100% over. It's just business now!

:)

sharpnova, Apr 1, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Apr 1, 2020
  3. John Fer Win User
    Power plan?

Upon checking, it seems that there's nothing wrong with your system. It is usual that you have to double-click your mouse before your monitor wakes up.

For the meantime, we suggest changing the power plan by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type in Power Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, choose Additional power settings.
    • Select High performance.

After changing the power plan, we suggest that you monitor the changes made and check if that will work for you.

Get back to us if you need further help.

John Fer, Apr 1, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 Battery Plans

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key,

• Type Choose a power plan.

• There you will be able to customize the power plan.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

1. How do the OneDrive plans really work? - Similar Threads - OneDrive plans really

2. Do Windows optimizer programs really work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do Windows optimizer programs really work?: I'm using Windows 11, and when it comes to optimizing, there are lots of programs targeting to make Windows faster.DriversDoes Windows really install all drivers for all components? If Windows installs the drivers, why do other programs tell us, 'Your driver is outdated! You...
  3. Do Windows optimizer programs really work?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do Windows optimizer programs really work?: I'm using Windows 11, and when it comes to optimizing, there are lots of programs targeting to make Windows faster.DriversDoes Windows really install all drivers for all components? If Windows installs the drivers, why do other programs tell us, 'Your driver is outdated! You...
  4. Power plan not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power plan not working: Hello,I have an Intel i5-12600K which I have overclocked to 5.2ghz on the P-cores, and 4.0ghz on the E-cores.When using the "Ultimate Performance" power plan, I set the "Minimum processor state" to 5% I have also tried different values here, and the "Maximum processor state"...
  5. Power plan not working

Power plan not working: Hello,I have an Intel i5-12600K which I have overclocked to 5.2ghz on the P-cores, and 4.0ghz on the E-cores.When using the "Ultimate Performance" power plan, I set the "Minimum processor state" to 5% I have also tried different values here, and the "Maximum processor state"...
  6. Is my OneDrive for Business really a cloud?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is my OneDrive for Business really a cloud?: I recently got a newer desktop computer. With my previous computer, my OneDrive clouds were placed with my folders as stand-alone items. When I access my folders with the icon along the bottom of my Desktop, I am able to access as a stand-alone item my personal OneDrive. My...
  7. Power plan not working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power plan not working: My computer keeps going to sleep. Even after just a couple of minutes when I am idle on a web site. Then I have to sign on again with my password. It's ignoring my power settings, which are set for sleep after 2 hours. How to resolve??...
  8. WindowsFeature: How does it work, really?

in Windows 10 Support
    WindowsFeature: How does it work, really?: PREFACE Hey everyone! Before explaining my question more thoroughly, I'd like to note that this question is purely for my own curiosity. I'm an experimenting IT nerd and if whatever answer you give me leads me to where I hope it till I'll make a post about it later! So,...
  9. How To Work OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Work OneDrive?: I'm quite confused about microsoft accounts, google accounts and one drive accounts. I appear to have at least a couple of each kind - and others belonging to members of the family. I just downloaded a heap of photograph and they're in One Drive on this computer. I want to...
  10. OneDrive / Dropbox - how do they work?

OneDrive / Dropbox - how do they work?: Hello there, I just updated to Win 10 today from Win 8.1. I've got a DropBox account and app and I use it quite regularly but I'm thinking to try OneDrive since it should be 'more integrated' with the whole OS. I've got a doubt tho, I can open my DropBox folder and open...