Windows 10: how do transfer and open backup from old computer to new windows 10

Discus and support how do transfer and open backup from old computer to new windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; please let me know, I have downloaded the backup to new computer but how do you install and open in new computer?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by philboxley, Feb 13, 2019.

1. how do transfer and open backup from old computer to new windows 10

please let me know, I have downloaded the backup to new computer but how do you install and open in new computer?

:)

philboxley, Feb 13, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 13, 2019
  3. silkstone Win User
    Transferring old Hard Drive to New Computer. Is it possible?

I've done it a few times and never had a problem. Most of the time windows has sorted itself out for me, but when it doesn't a safe-mode boot and driver clean does the trick. I imagine that most of the problems would come when going from AMD > Intel or the reverse, but I haven;t tried that.

Run some kind of backup before hand, in case it doesn't work. Get the windows key and re-activate (phone method) on the new computer. As mussels says, it might run more smoothly after switching to win 10, but then again, I'm not sure if Win10 still generates a new key, and I wouldn't want to to be associated with my old computer.

The safest way would be to backup what you need, transfer the hard drive and install win 10 with your Win 7 key on the new machine.

silkstone, Feb 13, 2019
  4. ramirezi Win User

how do transfer and open backup from old computer to new windows 10

backing up old computer to new one

I purchased a new computer with Windows 10 and my current computer has Windows 7. I was considering putting the old hard drive into the new computer until I found a topic here where it wasn't suggested.

Users mentioned backing up the computer but there was no mention of software so I'm wondering what software do you use to transfer programs and documents from one computer to the next? Is the success transfer rate lower since it's transferring from a HP Windows 7 to a Cyberpower Windows 10 computer?

I have a WD external drive on the way large enough for a backup file to transfer to the new computer. Is there a free program that can be used? My new computer has a SSD which is new to me but I think I'll only upload the previous computer files to the main hard drive. One of my current external WD hard drives has a file labeled "Do your data recovery" but don't know anything about it and that drive doesn't have enough room to do a backup anyway.

ramirezi, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

how do transfer and open backup from old computer to new windows 10

1. how do transfer and open backup from old computer to new windows 10 - Similar Threads - transfer open backup

2. How do i transfer old computer to new?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i transfer old computer to new?: old computer has windows 10. new one has windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-transfer-old-computer-to-new/29155073-5779-4ac9-afcf-df07c804fc1e
  3. How do i transfer old computer to new?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i transfer old computer to new?: old computer has windows 10. new one has windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-transfer-old-computer-to-new/29155073-5779-4ac9-afcf-df07c804fc1e
  4. how do I transfer people contacts from and old computer to a new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I transfer people contacts from and old computer to a new computer: I need to xfer people from a windows ten machine to a new windows 11 machine---how do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-transfer-people-contacts-from-and-old/5ff2289b-454a-4e4b-b4ac-f55b3d16c8dc
  5. how do I transfer people contacts from and old computer to a new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I transfer people contacts from and old computer to a new computer: I need to xfer people from a windows ten machine to a new windows 11 machine---how do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-transfer-people-contacts-from-and-old/5ff2289b-454a-4e4b-b4ac-f55b3d16c8dc
  6. transferring windows 10 from old to new computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    transferring windows 10 from old to new computer: Hi There, my old computer is packing it in, so i have got a new one. want to know if i can download windows 10 and use my product key to activeate in on the new computer or do i have to buy windows 10 again?...
  7. How do I transfer Minecraft from an old computer to a new one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I transfer Minecraft from an old computer to a new one: I got minecraft for my son a couple of years ago, but he has now changed to a new computer. How do I get minecraft for his new computer? I did go to the downloader but it is asking me to purchase it, I have tried signing in with both his and my microsoft account, and nothing...
  8. Transfering from old computer to new.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfering from old computer to new.: We are trying to transfer all the address book/contacts from an older computer with Outlook to a new one. The new Outlook won't transfer the addresses or phone numbers just the names. How can we get around that? We are using an external drive to make transfers....
  9. Windows 10 - how to transfer files from old computer to new computer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 - how to transfer files from old computer to new computer.: How do I transfer files from my old computer to my new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-how-to-transfer-files-from-old-computer/c7df1c0d-01ef-4141-8035-00a78a885c9d"
  10. how to transfer files from old computer windows 10 to new computer windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to transfer files from old computer windows 10 to new computer windows 10: I need to transfer files from old computer windows 10 to new computer windows 10, what do I need to do to complete this successfully? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-transfer-files-from-old-computer-windows-10/f479793f-3d97-4b0b-aed4-adac71c682f9"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. transfer old computer from backup

2. how to transfer everything from old windows 10 to new windows 10 computer