Windows 10: How do we change the background color of file explorer?

Discus and support How do we change the background color of file explorer? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We were able to do this with older versions of windows. As someone who deals with frequent migraines, that BRIGHT WHITE background is such a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Angelaaa123123, Oct 30, 2018.

1. How do we change the background color of file explorer?

We were able to do this with older versions of windows. As someone who deals with frequent migraines, that BRIGHT WHITE background is such a nightmare. Why would Windows remove a such a helpful feature? Is there some workaround besides high contrast? (High contrast ironically makes things harder to read, even if its not a bright blinding white.)

Thank you.

:)

Angelaaa123123, Oct 30, 2018

2. change desktop background color

Hi,

To change the desktop background into a solid color, see the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop, and select Personalize.
    • Under Personalization, select Background.
    • On the right pane, click on the drop-down menu for Background, and then select
      Solid color.
    • Choose your preferred color and it should immediately make changes.

Let us know how it goes.

Patricia Yu, Oct 30, 2018
  3. Wallpaper (background) color

Hi Aaron,

I realize that the background color changed from blue to black. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?

Close all open windows, restart the computer once and then login to the computer to check if that helps.

Suggest you to refer to this article to check if that helps.

Change your desktop background and colors: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...6c6/change-your-desktop-background-and-colors

Further you may also want to ensure that default theme is selected. Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + I to get the Settings screen.

• Click Personalization and select Themes.

• Click on Theme Settings to select Windows Default Themes.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Oct 30, 2018
  4. Kem Mon Win User

How do we change the background color of file explorer?

Screen background color

Hi,

You can try these steps in changing the
    Background color:

• Go to
      Settings.

• Choose
      Personalization.

• On the left-side of the window, select
      Colors.

• Then
      Choose a Color.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

How do we change the background color of file explorer?

1. How do we change the background color of file explorer? - Similar Threads - change background color

2. How do I change background color in WordPad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change background color in WordPad: It's white and it's blinding me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-background-color-in-wordpad/1735134a-6d96-4cb8-9c74-e132ff1db79c
  3. How do I change background color in WordPad

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change background color in WordPad: It's white and it's blinding me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-background-color-in-wordpad/1735134a-6d96-4cb8-9c74-e132ff1db79c
  4. How to change background color

How to change background color: After an update my monitor screen background is black. Please, how do I get it back to blue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-background-color/5a9318c0-ed33-42e3-afe9-a51694422db2
  5. background color in file explorer

background color in file explorer: OS = Win 10. In my Settings>Color, I set the color to dark. All information in File Explorer comes up with a black background. Is there a way I can get a white background in File Explorer, while keeping a black background for the main program information box that comes up...
  6. How to change File Explorer background colors?

How to change File Explorer background colors?: My Windows 10 Home just updated to version 1809 and for some reason the Windows File Explorer background changed from white to a dark charcoal gray. I don't mind the gray so much, but it would be better if it were lighter. How do I change it? I've looked everywhere for an...
  7. Windows file explorer background color changed after update

Windows file explorer background color changed after update: After receiving the update for windows 10, my folder windows colors changed to black and text to white. A feature many have wanted by all the forum posts I have read spanning years but I do not, I wish the default colors. No file explorer software has been installed. My theme...
  8. How do we change the color of inactive windows?

How do we change the color of inactive windows?: Hello, I have a dark setting on almost everything on my computer. I have sensitive eyes and am prone to migraines. I remember in older versions of window we could change the color of inactive windows. It was awesome. But now, as I'm trying to work on my computer, I...
  9. Can we Change File Explorer Background Colour ?

Can we Change File Explorer Background Colour ?: [img] Like In Pic (On Windows 7) I Need Change From White Colour to Grey. Can I Do This On Windows 10 ? 42528
  10. Changing Default Background Color for File Explorer and Applicaions

Changing Default Background Color for File Explorer and Applicaions: Good Afternoon, I have moved from FreeBSD to Win 10. The glaring white of the aforementioned objects is really painful to my old eyes. I cannot find references on Google about how to change this. I found one post that alleges this obnoxious color was hard coded. Can...