Windows 10: How do we change the color of inactive windows?

Discus and support How do we change the color of inactive windows? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have a dark setting on almost everything on my computer. I have sensitive eyes and am prone to migraines. I remember in older versions of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Angelaaa123123, Sep 22, 2018.

1. How do we change the color of inactive windows?

Hello,

I have a dark setting on almost everything on my computer. I have sensitive eyes and am prone to migraines. I remember in older versions of window we could change the color of inactive windows. It was awesome. But now, as I'm trying to work on my computer, I need multiple programs open, but the BRIGHT WHITE bar of inactive windows is a nuisance. I have to constantly close and open them, rather than have them laying side-by-side, to continue working. Where can I find the setting to change the color of inactive windows, if it exists?

Also, why does the windows "dark theme" only make a portion of my windows operations dark? Anytime I open a file or change computer settings, I still have a bright white background. Is there a way to make everything dark without resorting to that terrible high contrast setting which makes everything look awful?

Thank you for your time,

Anne

:)

Angelaaa123123, Sep 22, 2018

2. Changing the taskbar color to white in Windows 10

Hi Michael,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

In Windows 10 there is no option for changing the color to white but you can change it to different colors. To change the color of the task bar I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then select personalization.
    • Click on color option on the left side.
    • You will find an option called “show color on start, taskbar and start icon”.
    • You need to on the option and then you can change the color accordingly.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 22, 2018
  3. Window background color - I don't appear to be able to do this on windows 10 as the change color scheme bit isn't there.

Hi Anton,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change color scheme for Windows 10 and check if it helps.

• Right click on “Desktop screen”.
    • Then click on “Personalize”.
    • Click on “Colors”.
    • And change the color accordingly.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 22, 2018
  4. How do we change the color of inactive windows?

How to change taskbar colors in Windows 10

Hi Shyla,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>Personalization.
    • In the left pane, click on Colors.
    • Make the required changes and close the Settings window.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 22, 2018
Thema:

How do we change the color of inactive windows?

1. How do we change the color of inactive windows? - Similar Threads - change color inactive

2. How to turn inactive app's window background color darker/restore default color?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn inactive app's window background color darker/restore default color?: How to turn inactive app's window background color darker/restore default color?I can't find the setting to restore all windows to be properly visible Windows 11 and previous discussion on this topic seems locked/inaccessible to me!Thanks...
  3. How to turn inactive app's window background color darker/restore default color?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn inactive app's window background color darker/restore default color?: How to turn inactive app's window background color darker/restore default color?I can't find the setting to restore all windows to be properly visible Windows 11 and previous discussion on this topic seems locked/inaccessible to me!Thanks...
  4. How to turn inactive app's window background color darker/restore default color?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to turn inactive app's window background color darker/restore default color?: I just got a new laptop with Windows 10 and accidentally turned on a feature to make the background color of the inactive app darker not just the titlebar, but the entire window of each inactive apps. I can't find the settings again and this is really annoying to not able to...
  5. How can I change the color of inactive title bar of the Windows' system programs?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I change the color of inactive title bar of the Windows' system programs?: [ATTACH] I note that some of Windows native programs like cmd and regedit are with the inactive borders in white, even with the dark mode enabled. Only Windows Explorer and the Settings app title bars are in dark mode color. I suppose it should be in grey color, amiright?...
  6. How do we change the background color of file explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do we change the background color of file explorer?: We were able to do this with older versions of windows. As someone who deals with frequent migraines, that BRIGHT WHITE background is such a nightmare. Why would Windows remove a such a helpful feature? Is there some workaround besides high contrast? (High contrast...
  7. How do I change the colors in the Taskbar?

How do I change the colors in the Taskbar?: Attached is a screenshot. How do I change the colors and transparency of the highlights pointed to? Thank you......Taskbar 09.09.2018.pdf 117589
  8. How do change only the window border color?

How do change only the window border color?: Before the Creators Update, I used a custom accent color that only affected the windows borders. After the update, the color is used for icons as well. [img] What want to know is, how can I change only the border color or stop icons from using the accent color? 98123
  9. How change the Active and Inactive Title Bar Color the contrast mode

How change the Active and Inactive Title Bar Color the contrast mode: How to change the Active and Inactive Title Bar Color in Windows 10 when under the contrast mode ? 101339
  10. Change Color of Inactive Title Bar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Color of Inactive Title Bar in Windows 10: How to: Change Color of Inactive Title Bar in Windows 10 [img] Information When you change the color in Windows 10, it will change the color of your Start menu accents, Start button, taskbar, title bars, window borders, buttons, text, Settings accents, sign-in screen...