Windows 10: How do we disable touchpad via javascript or PS executed by Windows OS

Discus and support How do we disable touchpad via javascript or PS executed by Windows OS in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Any bright idea on disabling touchpad - or reenabling it again later - by way of javascript, PowerShell or other scripts having access to execute/write... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by budi, Aug 7, 2019.

1. budi Win User

How do we disable touchpad via javascript or PS executed by Windows OS

Any bright idea on disabling touchpad - or reenabling it again later - by way of javascript, PowerShell or other scripts having access to execute/write its driver setting so that could automate or put better control for such on OS ?

:)

budi, Aug 7, 2019
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Aug 7, 2019
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Disabling Synaptic touchpad in Windows 10, and why it won't stay disabled. For a left handed person, it is disruptive.

Hi,

If you wish to disable your touchpad, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

• Press Windows Key +X.
    • Select Device manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click on Synaptic touchpad driver and select Disable.
    • Click OK to confirm and check with the issue.

Please reply us with the status to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Aug 7, 2019
  4. Ralph Sta Win User

disable touchpad

Hi Donna,

Disabling touchpad will depend on the make and model of your Laptop. Some models would have its own button that would allow you to disable/enable the touchpad from the keyboard. Other models would also have settings from its own driver software that would
    allow you to toggle it on/off. Since you've mentioned that your laptop is Dell, may we know the specific model?

However, if you have other pointing device to connect on your laptop (like a mouse), you can disable the touchpad through Windows settings by following these steps:

• On your keyboard, press Windows + I.
    • Click Devices.
    • Choose Touchpad.
    • Uncheck Leave touchpad on when a mouse is connected.

After performing the steps above, your touchpad will be disabled until you disconnect the other pointing device.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards.

Ralph Sta, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

1. How do we disable touchpad via javascript or PS executed by Windows OS - Similar Threads - disable touchpad via

2. how do i disable my touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do i disable my touchpad: I don't have the option for touchpad on settings -> devices -> to disable my touchpad on my laptop. it's causing me difficulties because i need to use a mouse and can't use touchpad due to hand injury...
  3. How to prevent windows disabling PS/2 Port

How to prevent windows disabling PS/2 Port: HelloI made a board which emulates a PS/2 keyboard i needed input to be served via interrupt. i enabled the i8042prt driver in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\i8042prt setting start to 1, but seems windows keeps disabling it unless it find at...
  4. How do you disable the touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do you disable the touchpad: How do you disable the touchpad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-disable-the-touchpad/182feab3-e924-40ab-be6c-660ec844ebea
  5. How do I disable my touchpad

How do I disable my touchpad: Since the update, my touchpad settings are gone. The only option I have is to lower my sensitivity. I try clicking on Precision touchpad settings but it always takes me to the basic settings. Before the update I had my touchpad disabled because it drives me nuts when I am...
  6. How do I disable touchpad?

How do I disable touchpad?: I just updated Windows 10. Previously I had disabled my touchpad but now it's enabled again. I can't find a way to disable it. Please help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-touchpad/06301123-1dd3-4d16-a955-b06d2cb9b828
  7. how do I disable touchpad in w10

how do I disable touchpad in w10: How do I disable the touchpad on my Samsung tablet? <contrl>f9 does not work anymore. Steve https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-touchpad-in-w10/a249a572-74eb-4cec-b22a-decc07641d01
  8. How do I disable touchpad in Windows 10?

How do I disable touchpad in Windows 10?: I have a new HP laptop. But I don't like using the touchpad so I installed my mouse. With the version of Windows 10 that came with the computer, I easily found where I could disable the touchpad in Settings. But recently it upgraded to version 1809, and reverted to the...
  9. How do I disable the touchpad on Windows 10.

How do I disable the touchpad on Windows 10.: How do I disable the touchpad on Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/how-do-i-disable-the-touchpad-on-windows-10/33c01c79-f8f7-4610-9b21-9d41ec4720ab
  10. Asus touchpad how do i disable

Asus touchpad how do i disable: I had the touch pad disabled on my asus N76V when an external mouse was connected - which is 99% of the time. It was pretty simple in my mouse settings. Since installing W10 it no longer shuts off. I even went so far as following an instruction to go into startup and...