Windows 10: How do we repair corrupted files?

Discus and support How do we repair corrupted files? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Recently, i accidentally forced the shutdown of my computer that's using windows 8.1. Since, i have corrupted files and I want to fix them. But, when i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by win81user, Jul 7, 2016.

1. win81user Win User

How do we repair corrupted files?

Recently, i accidentally forced the shutdown of my computer that's using windows 8.1. Since, i have corrupted files and I want to fix them. But, when i execute the dism /online / cleanup-image /restorehealth command, It gives error 1276. It also says that the the remote procedure call failed... But before i did this more than 3 times and i never had problems. Between the 2 procedures, i installed no new program .

:)

win81user, Jul 7, 2016

2. Corrupted files - how do I repair them

Thanks for letting us know and good luck

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jul 7, 2016
  3. Corrupted files - how do I repair them

SFC can fix system files. It probably will not fix BSOD'S. To fix them we need the DMP files

We do need the actual log files (called a DMP files) as they contain the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

Please follow our instructions for finding and uploading the files we need to help you fix your computer. They can be found here
    If you have any questions about the procedure please ask

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jul 7, 2016
  4. win81user Win User

Thanks for all of your answers, but i tried again and it worked! I will keep the page open so that other people like me could find answers to fix this problem! Don't hesitate to share your knowledge even if everithing went fine for me!

win81user, Jul 7, 2016
  5. win81user Win User
    other thing, if you do this procedure many times and it says that there are still corrupted files, it's either you have a virus or your hard drive is physicaly damaged.

win81user, Jul 7, 2016
  6. Kyhi Win User
    Image Health (link in sig below)
    Is a custom written Program and will do everything you may need to repair corrupt files..

Kyhi, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How do we repair corrupted files? - Similar Threads - repair corrupted files

2. How do I repair corrupted files from CBS.log file result

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I repair corrupted files from CBS.log file result: Windows 10 HomeVersion: 22H2I have a prebuilt ibuypower computer so I don't know if that effects anything.I was hit with SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and BSOD 2 times in a week already.I ran administrative command prompt and input sfc /scannow and went through and found the...
  3. How do I repair corrupted files from CBS.log file result

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I repair corrupted files from CBS.log file result: Windows 10 HomeVersion: 22H2I have a prebuilt ibuypower computer so I don't know if that effects anything.I was hit with SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and BSOD 2 times in a week already.I ran administrative command prompt and input sfc /scannow and went through and found the...
  4. How do I repair corrupted files from CBS.log file result

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How do I repair corrupt flies?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I repair corrupt flies?: I'm getting a "Info 2894.loadingRichEd20.dllfailed" message when I try to re-install ABBYY for scansnap. I've done the procedures from a similar Post dated Jan 5, 2023 by Gabriel Moreno-Esparza. I have a CBS.log file. I followed the instructions up to downloading the .blog...
  6. How do I repair corrupt flies?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I repair corrupt flies?: I'm getting a "Info 2894.loadingRichEd20.dllfailed" message when I try to re-install ABBYY for scansnap. I've done the procedures from a similar Post dated Jan 5, 2023 by Gabriel Moreno-Esparza. I have a CBS.log file. I followed the instructions up to downloading the .blog...
  7. How do you repair a corrupted user file?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do you repair a corrupted user file?: I have a new user profile I could use but I'm trying to avoid having to move all of my files from the corrupted user file. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-repair-a-corrupted-user-file/ca620593-9e55-48dd-a804-adbe2c47ecf4
  8. How to repair corrupted system files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to repair corrupted system files: This will be a bit long because I intend to cover everything. I am currently running Windows 10 x64 1803 build 17134.228. I recently notice that my backup program was failing to back up 4 files, all lsyste dlls, giving the error "Unknown windows error". After a couple of...
  9. repairing corrupt files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    repairing corrupt files: After running sfc /scannow on my windows 10 installation I have been advised tthat there are corrupt files. I have viewed the log and would like to know what these messages mean. " 000010fd Warning - Overlap: Duplicate ownership for directory...
  10. How to repair corrupted JPG files & prevent corruption

in Windows 10 Support
    How to repair corrupted JPG files & prevent corruption: I have a collection of JPG files and when trying to open those old JPG files, I find corrupted ones in them. It is always very disappointing but I have no idea how and when they happened. The storage media is 1TB SSD (Samsung 850 Pro-MZ-7KE1T). My question is if there is...