Windows 10: How do we reset a password and recover an account when normal avenues do not work?

Discus and support How do we reset a password and recover an account when normal avenues do not work? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My 68-year-old mother has a new laptop old one died, during the attempt to set this new laptop up, she cannot remember the password. The only reset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jlarsenwindows, Mar 24, 2023.

1. How do we reset a password and recover an account when normal avenues do not work?

My 68-year-old mother has a new laptop old one died, during the attempt to set this new laptop up, she cannot remember the password. The only reset option is now SMS we both recall having email in the past. It points a land line I verified it's not one that can accept and relay SMS. She did not know to correct this or add a recovery email and hasn't needed it in the past. Recovery form tried twice, once with the credit card used to pay for Microsoft 365, which should be enough. We have verified it's the correct card, but it's likely the expiration date has changed with a new card and the

:)

Jlarsenwindows, Mar 24, 2023
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Change or reset your Windows password - Microsoft Support

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Mar 24, 2023
  3. I can not reset my google password

Two step works for me if your phone info is the same as it was you should be able to recover it.

Brokenarrow, Mar 24, 2023
  4. How do we reset a password and recover an account when normal avenues do not work?

How to Reset & Recover Microsoft Account

This Forum article walks you through the account password reset, account recovery process, and offers tips and tricks to help get you into your account as quickly as possible.

A Microsoft
    account (formerly knowns as Windows Live ID) is what you use to sign in to
    Microsoft services such as outlook.com (or Hotmail), Office, OneDrive, Skype, Xbox, Windows, and more. It makes your experiences on devices and services more personal and relevant
    to you.

Watch the Instructional Video on the step by step password reset & recovery

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/videoplayer/embed/RE1ZRwx

How do we reset a password and recover an account when normal avenues do not work? 04bdf669-13b1-4c11-8171-31ac39db2c5c.jpg

Password Reset

If you forgot the password you use to sign in to services like Outlook.com, Skype, OneDrive, and Xbox Live you might need to reset it. First, check to make sure that Caps Lock isn't on, because passwords are case-sensitive. If you're
    sure you're using the right password but still can't sign in, you may need to reset your Microsoft Account password

To reset your password:

1. Go to the Reset your password page -
      https://aka.ms/MSAPWreset
    2. The short video provides step by step guide on how to reset your Microsoft Account Password
    3. To learn more on how you can protect your Microsoft Account, visit
      https://aka.ms/ProtectMSA

Account Recovery

If resetting your Microsoft Account password does not work, you may still recover your account by answering the Recovery Form.
    The account recovery form is meant to be the last option to get you back into your account. the recovery form gives you a chance to prove that you own your account.

Fill out Recovery Form

1. Go to https://account.live.com/acsr
    2. Enter a working email address that we can use to contact you about your account recovery
    3. The short video provides step by step guide on how to recover your Microsoft Account through ACSR
    4. To lean more on Recovering Microsoft Account, please visit
      https://aka.ms/MSArecovery

Note:

The account recovery form works by asking questions about your account that only you could answer. Then, we review your answers and respond within 24 hours with either instructions to get back in to your account or a denial. Keep
    these tips in mind to help you succeed:

• Use a computer we’ll recognize. If possible, fill out the form on a computer that you’ve used to sign in to your account before.
    • Answer as many questions as possible. Not all the questions will apply to you, and that's ok. Don't worry if you don't have an answer. But it's better to guess and be close than to leave a question blank.
    • Give us a working email to contact you. We won't use this email address for spam, only to give you the results of your recovery request. You can even use a friend's account, or create a free temporary email.
    • If you have two-step verification turned on for your account, the recovery form won’t work. When you turn on two-step verification, we promise not to let anyone sign in without two forms of identification, no matter how much information
      they know about your account. Visit this page to learn more about two step verification

PaulSey..., Mar 24, 2023
Thema:

How do we reset a password and recover an account when normal avenues do not work?

1. How do we reset a password and recover an account when normal avenues do not work? - Similar Threads - reset password recover

2. How do I recover a password for a brand new account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I recover a password for a brand new account?: I was setting up a user for my daughter to use on a new laptop. I created the account. I tried logging in and it says the password is incorrect. I go through the recovery process and recieve an email saying I didnt provide enough info. It is a brand new account. I have only...
  3. How do I recover a password for a brand new account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I recover a password for a brand new account?: I was setting up a user for my daughter to use on a new laptop. I created the account. I tried logging in and it says the password is incorrect. I go through the recovery process and recieve an email saying I didnt provide enough info. It is a brand new account. I have only...
  4. How do we change child account to normal account ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do we change child account to normal account ?: Hi by mistake we created our account as child account how do we recreate as normal account ?* Changed to a question and moved from Community Center....
  5. How do we change child account to normal account ?

How do we change child account to normal account ?: Hi by mistake we created our account as child account how do we recreate as normal account ?* Changed to a question and moved from Community Center....
  6. How do we reset a password and recover an account when normal avenues do not work?

How do we reset a password and recover an account when normal avenues do not work?: My 68-year-old mother has a new laptop old one died, during the attempt to set this new laptop up, she cannot remember the password. The only reset option is now SMS we both recall having email in the past. It points a land line I verified it's not one that can accept and...
  7. How do I get out of "challenge phrase" and reset password normally?

How do I get out of "challenge phrase" and reset password normally?: Hi, I got a new laptop and changed my pin password for my Microsoft account. Whilst doing that I deleted my old pin password because I didn't think I would need it anymore. But now I need to get into my old laptop and I can vaguely remember the pin but not enough to know that...
  8. How to Reset Steam password and Recover Steam account

in Windows 10 News
    How to Reset Steam password and Recover Steam account: [ATTACH]Entering the wrong password too many times can leave you locked out of your Steam account. That’s the last thing any gaming enthusiast would want. There’s good news, however. It’s not hard to reset Steam password and recover the Steam account if you forget your login...
  9. how do i recover a windows password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do i recover a windows password: I have office 365 but it keeps asking in Outlook for a windows password, don't ever remember setting one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-recover-a-windows-password/77596790-9416-4b29-952c-3554c45261a3"
  10. How do i recover or reset my windows 10 password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do i recover or reset my windows 10 password: I usually log into my computer with a 4 digit pin i created on windows 10, and i also have a password set on the machine; Unfortunately, I try login to microsoft cortana and it ask for my current windows password, I enter my password and i have a massage saying "The password...