Windows 10: How do we secure w10 mail?

Discus and support How do we secure w10 mail? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; With my computer on any one can click the envelope icon and read my email. can we prevent this at the email app level? Jack... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jack Lockhart, Dec 11, 2020.

1. How do we secure w10 mail?

With my computer on any one can click the envelope icon and read my email. can we prevent this at the email app level?

Jack

:)

Jack Lockhart, Dec 11, 2020

2. Issues with W10 Mail App

Hi Frank,

To guide you in the right direction, let us know the following:

• Did you add your fsnet.co.uk (POP3) address as an additional account in W10 Mail App?
    I suggest you to remove the account and re-add it.

I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below and check.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/remove-account

Please get back to us with the required information, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Dec 11, 2020
  3. Davidp8 Win User
    how to add contact to new mail in w10

My issue is with W10 new mail. Transferring contacts and (if possible) mail messages from old live mail.

I don't understand the People App?

I cannot see any steps to take me to a contact list on the new mail pages.

I have tried saving from old contacts list , but how to import them?

the references given don't seem to line up with mu window in mail.

Then how to import G-mail address list?

David

Davidp8, Dec 11, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

How do we secure w10 mail?

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. How do we secure w10 mail? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Dec 11, 2020
Thema:

How do we secure w10 mail?

1. How do we secure w10 mail? - Similar Threads - secure w10 mail

2. W10 Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    W10 Mail: I have an Outlook email address, but I access it through W10 Mail. I am receiving emails that purport to be from MS, but the addresses appear strange, and the syntax is poor. They advise me that all old versions of MS email are being done away with, and that I need to update...
  3. W10 mail app deletes mails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 mail app deletes mails: When I search for sent mails more than 30 days old on W10 mail app it brings up the list of mails but as soon as I click on the mail I want it appears for a split second then disappears. I repeat the search and sure enough I relocate the message but again as soon as I...
  4. Outlook : On a group e mail the sender's personal e mail is also always sent. How do we...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook : On a group e mail the sender's personal e mail is also always sent. How do we...: Outlook : On a group e mail the sender's personal e mail is also always sent. Recipients always respond to the personal e mail. instead of to the grop e mail . How do we stop this?...
  5. How do I make W10 mail search farther back?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I make W10 mail search farther back?: I was unable to find the setting to have W10 mail search farther back than 3 years or so. I can run the search on Outlook.com with no problems, but W10 doesn't seem to sync mail that far back. submitted by /u/DiCatto [link] [comments]...
  6. Mail W10

Mail W10: Am unable to create FOLDERS in Mail W10. There is 'NO PLUS' sign showing. Can anyone help pls. thx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-w10/73c5ffbf-08a0-4ad7-827d-3b1034597b77
  7. Mail App in W10

Mail App in W10: I'd like to simplify the Inbox in W10's Mail App. I don't need to have similar items glued together - just want a sequential time/date list of sent and received emails. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-app-in-w10/b871905d-d255-447b-82ed-2671313582de
  8. How do I create a template in W10 Mail app?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I create a template in W10 Mail app?: Hi. I searched through the forums, did not find any conclusive threads. Is it even possible to create a template in windows 10 mail app, so I don't have to re-write everything when sending similar emails to different addresses? (i.e. cover letters for jobs, etc) 118563
  9. How to remove W10 Mail Program

in Browsers and Email
    How to remove W10 Mail Program: Hi I need to remove the Mail program that came with W10 from my PC, or at least disable it. How do I do that? Thanks Daniel 81989
  10. live mail on W10

in Browsers and Email
    live mail on W10: Hi, I have successfully installed W10 on my PC. However when I try and run Live mail, the initial small panel appears, and a reduced, almost blank Live Mail work space, but at that point, the spinning disc continues spinning and the process stays at that point. Impossible to...