Windows 10: How do we setup a homegroup for 2 or 3 computers in home

Discus and support How do we setup a homegroup for 2 or 3 computers in home in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do we setup a homegroup for 2 or 3 computers in home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Charles James 2312, Dec 9, 2018.

1. How do we setup a homegroup for 2 or 3 computers in home

How do we setup a homegroup for 2 or 3 computers in home

:)

Charles James 2312, Dec 9, 2018

2. Unable to setup Homegroup on Windows 10 computer

Hello Mike,

We understand the inconvenience you have experienced.

• Did you try setting up HomeGroup on another computer?
    • Is your computer installed with any third party Antivirus or Online security software?
    Suggest you to check this issue by restarting your computer once, post complete shutdown, to see if it goes correctly. Also ensure that your computer is up to date with Windows Updates.
    Go to Start Button/>Settings/>Update & Security/> Windows Update and click
    Check the updates. If you find any pending updates, then try to install them and see if it makes any difference.

Follow the below mentioned steps to setup HomeGroup on Windows 10.

• Right-click on Start and select
      Control Panel from the context menu.

• Select
      Network and Sharing
      center option, then click on the
      HomeGroup
      at the bottom left fringe on the Network and Sharing Center window.

• Click
      Create a homegroup
      button. You see the list of files and devices that you would like to share within the HomeGroup.

• On the drop down menu beside every item set the
      level of permission of each item, then click Next once you are done.

• You will be taken to the next step where you can see an
      auto-generated password. If the computer need to participate in the HomeGroup then they require this password for authentication. You can also modify the password later. Tap the
      Finish button.
    Now join other PC into this HomeGroup, which you think should participate in the HomeGroup activities.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Dec 9, 2018
  3. Procedure to setup Homegroup in Windows 10

I have tried all the suggestions on display on the internet, then i have read that later versions of W10 would not enable you to set up a homegroup.

RayReynolds2, Dec 9, 2018
  4. How do we setup a homegroup for 2 or 3 computers in home

Windows can't setup a homegroup on this computer

Hi Chris,

To better understand the query, please answer the following questions:

1. What is the version of Windows installed in the computer? (Home/Pro)

2. What is the complete error message that you receive?

If you are using Windows 10 Home, please be informed that you will not be able to create the HomeGroup, however, if you are on Windows 10 Pro, I suggest you to try running the HomeGroup troubleshooter by following the steps below and check again.
    An automated troubleshooter is a tool that can find and automatically fix some problems with your computer. These troubleshooters aren't designed to fix every problem, but they're a useful tool to try because they can often save you
    time and effort.

1. Press Windows key + R.

2. Type control and press enter to open control panel.

3. Click "view all" on the left pane.

4. Run the HomeGroup troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Dec 9, 2018
Thema:

How do we setup a homegroup for 2 or 3 computers in home

1. How do we setup a homegroup for 2 or 3 computers in home - Similar Threads - setup homegroup computers

2. Setup a homegroup or a home network.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setup a homegroup or a home network.: HelloI want to setup a homegroup or a home network.The problem is that I do not manage to setup both PCs to the same homegroup.Printer tells me, that PC 1 is not in same Network as PC 2.Is the problem maybe the Devolo Powerline on which PC 2 is running?Thanks in advance for...
  3. Setup a homegroup or a home network.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setup a homegroup or a home network.: HelloI want to setup a homegroup or a home network.The problem is that I do not manage to setup both PCs to the same homegroup.Printer tells me, that PC 1 is not in same Network as PC 2.Is the problem maybe the Devolo Powerline on which PC 2 is running?Thanks in advance for...
  4. How do I setup 2 NIC in WIN10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I setup 2 NIC in WIN10: I recently purchased a second NIC with a 550 controller chip for 10G access to my NAS. I have been having problems getting it set up with a manually assigned IP address as opposed to using DHCP since I do not want my desktop to get confused with routing toward the 10G card....
  5. setup homegroup windows 10

setup homegroup windows 10: i find it interesting that their 50 pages asking the same questions about setup homegroup windows 10 and no one at Microsoft can answer the question - so is their a answer??????????/...
  6. How do I setup a home network

How do I setup a home network: Based on what little I have found. I can no longer set up a home network, through my router, with my two computers since the last update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-setup-a-home-network/fd7f707e-6b24-4857-898a-69532934f634
  7. how do I setup a home page?HOME PAGE

how do I setup a home page?HOME PAGE: How do I setup a home page? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-setup-a-home-pagehome-page/91226166-2e9a-41ca-b750-6db7fc8722be"
  8. 2 of 3 computers in home network only show multimedia devices

2 of 3 computers in home network only show multimedia devices: Since some time two out of three computers in my home network only show multimedia devices including the two other computers. All the permissions in home sharing are correct for connection without password. The shared folders can be accessed by anyone. What is wrong? 125756
  9. Cannot setup Homegroup

Cannot setup Homegroup: Hi everyone a few weeks back I shot myself in the foot by leaving the homegroup on all four of my machines. I did not realise that they were still subject to the set password, although I had left. The password remains valid and I have NO clue what the password was.*Redface...
  10. Can I have 2 homegroups for 2 of his computers and 2 of her computers.

Can I have 2 homegroups for 2 of his computers and 2 of her computers.: My wife and I each have 2 win 10 computers and would like mine to both have the same files and hers to have the same files etc. I don't want mine to interfere with hers and hers to interfere with mine. I have no experience with networking and my brain is hampered with...