Windows 10: How do Win 10 Users turn off optional feature downloads?

Discus and support How do Win 10 Users turn off optional feature downloads? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; "Something happened and we could not install a feature - tap here to find more info" So one taps there and you find a whole heap of stuff that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GEOFFREY MARKS, Sep 3, 2016.

1. How do Win 10 Users turn off optional feature downloads?

"Something happened and we could not install a feature - tap here to find more info"
    So one taps there and you find a whole heap of stuff that "CORTANA" wants because apparently she doesn't understand Australian or UK English which is bloody stupid if you consider Britain the birth place of the English language.
    BUT obviously some AROGANTUS IGNORAMUS GIGANTUS at Microsoft has a totally different version of history and believes all the twaddle the American government has been feeding it's citizens since the founding traitors first double crossed the English government around 1776, but claiming the English language? I find it hard to believe that even the most ardent American patriot could believe that ... so why the attitude?
    Anyway politics and history aside how does a little Aussie battler like me stop this "OPTIONAL" half hour earache from occurring!

*Smile

Regards to all
    Marksy

:)

GEOFFREY MARKS, Sep 3, 2016
  2. dmreed Win User

win 10: default features?

Win 10 Pro 64x: under Turn Windows features on or off, what are the default features? Last time I asked this question, I was told how to turn on/off features...I want to know what are the default features!

dmreed, Sep 3, 2016
  3. In Win 10, when I move a window near the edge of the screen, the window expands to full screen. How do I turn off this feature?

In Win 10, when I move a window near the edge of the screen, the window expands to full screen. How do I turn off this feature?

WouterBlom, Sep 3, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

How do Win 10 Users turn off optional feature downloads?

Hi, could you explain what exactly you are doing when you get that message?
    A screenshot could be very helpful.

Regarding language, and trying to read between the lines, I'm guessing you've changed the display language.
    If so, you need to make a couple of other changes (thanks to our cousins across the sea having made this confusing and convoluted) to achieve language consistency, and make Cortana happy.

Speech language must be consistent with display language. (Settings, Time & language, Speech).

Or is your OS single language?
    If it is a single language pack Operating System then you cannot install any other language in that.

If your settings are not consistent, you will find you get a peculiarly misleading message (those cousins at it again) saying 'Search results aren't quite ready yet....' when indexing options shows they are. Hmm.

English is a mongrel - an admixture of Germanic roots, French, Latin.. spelling attributed to Caxton and Tyndale, and perhaps also Johnson, with vocabulary added by Shakespeare. Today no-one owns it.

"In the preface to the book Johnson writes of the 'energetic' unruliness of the English tongue. In his view, the language was in a mess, and was in desperate need of some discipline: 'wherever I turned my view', he wrote, 'there was perplexity to be disentangled, and confusion to be regulated.' However, in the process of compiling the dictionary, Johnson recognised that language is impossible to fix, because of its constantly changing nature, and that his role was to record the language of the day, rather than to form it."

dalchina, Sep 3, 2016
Thema:

How do Win 10 Users turn off optional feature downloads?

1. How do Win 10 Users turn off optional feature downloads? - Similar Threads - Users turn off

2. How do I turn off family features?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn off family features?: I have to open this question again as I haven't seen any responses.If anyone knows how to completely take off the family safety feature please, please let me know. When I set my laptop with a Microsoft account I mistakenly and regretfully added my son's information just in...
  3. How do I turn off family features?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn off family features?: I have to open this question again as I haven't seen any responses.If anyone knows how to completely take off the family safety feature please, please let me know. When I set my laptop with a Microsoft account I mistakenly and regretfully added my son's information just in...
  4. How do I turn off Family Feature?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I turn off Family Feature?: My child can't use most of their computer and the directions to turn off Family Features require me to sign in to my Microsoft account. I don't know my username or password that I signed in for my child. Is there a way for them to take the Family Features off their computer?...
  5. How do I turn off Family Feature?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn off Family Feature?: My child can't use most of their computer and the directions to turn off Family Features require me to sign in to my Microsoft account. I don't know my username or password that I signed in for my child. Is there a way for them to take the Family Features off their computer?...
  6. How do I turn off Family Feature?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How do I turn off this feature?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I turn off this feature?: I recently updated my latptop from Windows 8 to 10. There's a feature that's annoying me but I don't know what it's called or how to turn it off. Sometimes when I'm scrolling up or down a page it'll suddenly bring me to a screen that shows all my open windows as small...
  8. How do I turn off the Narrator feature?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I turn off the Narrator feature?: How do I turn OFF the Narrator feature? * Original title: Narrator funtion https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-the-narrator-feature/c4b997bd-720e-4f7a-a784-6eb0289db2f0
  9. How do you turn off "Hover" in Win 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you turn off "Hover" in Win 10?: I made the mistake of turning it on and it is driving me nuts by focusing on other windows. I tried going back to the mouse options where I turned it on but could not find how to it turn off. 21500
  10. How do I Turn Off Win 10 Notifications?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I Turn Off Win 10 Notifications?: Hey! How can I disable the notifications I keep getting (and persistently showing on up my Desktop)? [img] I, myself, am pretty thorough and I really don't need these 'reminders' - whether for email or news or app updates, etc. Can't I just disable this feature...