Windows 10: How do you access advanced boot options when the PC is completely off?

Discus and support How do you access advanced boot options when the PC is completely off? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a crappy Dell laptop that I tried to factory reset. In the middle of the reset, it gave me an error and loaded the advanced boot options. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CharlieWard1, May 27, 2019.

1. How do you access advanced boot options when the PC is completely off?

I have a crappy Dell laptop that I tried to factory reset. In the middle of the reset, it gave me an error and loaded the advanced boot options. I selected the image recovery one and plugged in a USB flash drive that has Windows 10 installed on it. But the computer froze and shut down. Now when I try to boot, it goes to this stupid Dell supportassistant thing that does nothing helpful.

All I need to know is how to access the advanced boot options if the PC is completely off. Some website told me to tap F8 after the manufacturer logo disappeared but this didn’t work. How do I do this?

Ugh, never ever buying a Dell again.

:)

CharlieWard1, May 27, 2019

2. Advanced Boot Option

Hi Mica,

Most probably, this problem is caused by a damaged or corrupted operating system. For us to provide the best resolution possible, we would like to know on how are you accessing the Advanced Boot Options on your computer?

If you're accessing it using the media creation tool, you can try to access the Advanced Boot Options using the built-in of your computer. We recommend that you contact the computer manufacturer on how to access it using the built-in of your computer. However,
    if you're accessing it using the built-in, we suggest that you try accessing it using the media creation tool. For your reference, click this
    link on where to download the media creation tool.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, May 27, 2019
  3. biggieRSA Win User
    No Troubleshot option in Advanced startup menu..

Sorry I know this is old but I have a similar problem there is only the shut off your PC option , when I try to access advanced option, whether through windows even holding down the shift key,

biggieRSA, May 27, 2019
  4. How do you access advanced boot options when the PC is completely off?

No Troubleshot option in Advanced startup menu..

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• How exactly are you accessing the Advance boot option?
    • Are you using Windows 10 installation disk to access the Advance start up options or trying to access through Windows?

I suggest you to follow the below path and check if you are able to see the Troubleshoot option:

• Open Settings, and click/tap on the
      Update & security icon.

• Click/tap on
      Recovery on the left side, and click/tap on Restart
      now under Advanced startup. Check if you are able to view the
      Troubleshoot option.
    Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you with the issue.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, May 27, 2019
Thema:

How do you access advanced boot options when the PC is completely off?

1. How do you access advanced boot options when the PC is completely off? - Similar Threads - access advanced boot

2. How do you go to advanced options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you go to advanced options: Alright, problem is my laptop screen just dies when i boot it up, like random pixels and lines, happened to me yesterday and after pressing power button so many times it showed me windows didnt load correctly and i got to advanced options where i shut my laptop down and it...
  3. How do you go to advanced options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you go to advanced options: Alright, problem is my laptop screen just dies when i boot it up, like random pixels and lines, happened to me yesterday and after pressing power button so many times it showed me windows didnt load correctly and i got to advanced options where i shut my laptop down and it...
  4. Windows Advanced Boot Options

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Advanced Boot Options: For the past couple of days, I have been trying fix this problem and couldn't find a solution. The problem is that whenever I make changes on my desktop whether I move apps, delete apps. It always goes back to it's previous place after I restart Windows and I decided to...
  5. Incorrect password message when trying to access advanced option at boot up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Incorrect password message when trying to access advanced option at boot up: Hey everyone. This is my first time ever asking a question about tech support. But I’m having extreme difficulty to find any help via online or through customer service.Here’s my issue,My computer ran into an issue yesterday and I made the wrong choice to force shutdown. Next...
  6. Windows 10 won’t boot & can't access advanced boot options

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 won’t boot & can't access advanced boot options: I accidentally disabled startup programs by msconfig last night, and I cannot boot up my pc now. The screen says boot configuration missing and gives the error code: 0xc0000024. I already tried to press f8 or f12 or any keys, sadly nothing works. I cannot even get access...
  7. No Options When Trying to Access Advanced Options when Restarting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No Options When Trying to Access Advanced Options when Restarting: Hello, On one PC in my home, when I try to access Safe Mode. My usual procedure is to hold down the Shift key, then click restart. However, this doesn't work. In the image below, I'm only given the option to shut down the computer. So, my only work around has been to force...
  8. How do you turn off Windows Defender completely?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do you turn off Windows Defender completely?: When you go to turn off defender, a message tells you, " You can turn this off temporarily, but if it's off for a while we'll turn it back on automatically." First problem I have is with grammar. The folks at Microsoft should know NOT to use a coma and the word But next to...
  9. Advance boot options empty

in Windows 10 Support
    Advance boot options empty: I installed Windows 10 Education edition via USB(not an upgrade). Whenever I try to go into the advanced boot menu by holding shift and clicking on restart, the only option I am given is "Turn off your PC". I have formatted and reflashed my computer with an latest windows iso...
  10. Advanced Boot Options Menu (Choose an option)

in Windows 10 Support
    Advanced Boot Options Menu (Choose an option): The same trick from Windows 8/8.1 still works in 10. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html Click on Start, click the power icon at the top of the Start Menu. Hold down Shift and click on Restart. [img] You will boot to the Choose an option...