Windows 10: how do you activate additional monitors in windows 10

Discus and support how do you activate additional monitors in windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; 2 extended monitors, windows says display 2 and 3 is not active. How do I activate them?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BernardLandro, Mar 11, 2019.

1. how do you activate additional monitors in windows 10

2 extended monitors, windows says display 2 and 3 is not active. How do I activate them?

:)

BernardLandro, Mar 11, 2019
  2. JanaBienz Win User

Windows 10 Update Doesn't Recognize My Additional Monitors

Hi,

I've updated to Windows 10 to my laptop and it is not detecting my 2 additional monitors. I followed the instructions here, but still not working. Help would be much appreciated. Thanks:

Method 2: Update display adapter driver.

Step 1: Check for the latest driver update through Windows Updates.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.
    • Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional updates from the left results.
    • When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.
    Incompatible or not properly installed graphics card drivers are the most common cause of this issue.

Step 2: Follow the steps below to update the graphics/display drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Go to device manager.
    • Right-click your display device.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.

JanaBienz, Mar 11, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 11, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

how do you activate additional monitors in windows 10

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

how do you activate additional monitors in windows 10

1. how do you activate additional monitors in windows 10 - Similar Threads - activate additional monitors

2. How do you change the monitor number in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you change the monitor number in Windows 10: As the main thread HERE is closed and given answers are wrong - I have to open the same question againThe given instructions/advices dont change the monitor numbering.The issue:When i bootup my computer attached with 2 monitors my profile hasnt loaded yet - so none of the...
  3. How do you change the monitor number in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do you change the monitor number in Windows 10: As the main thread HERE is closed and given answers are wrong - I have to open the same question againThe given instructions/advices dont change the monitor numbering.The issue:When i bootup my computer attached with 2 monitors my profile hasnt loaded yet - so none of the...
  4. How do you change the "Active Signal Mode" on a monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you change the "Active Signal Mode" on a monitor?: My display suddenly stopped working because somehow the "Active Signal Mode" is above its compatible resolution. I have tried changing the resolution but it doesn't work. It labels the resolution I put in as "Desktop Mode" and won't let me change the active signal mode....
  5. How do you change the "Active Signal Mode" on a monitor?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you change the "Active Signal Mode" on a monitor?: My display suddenly stopped working because somehow the "Active Signal Mode" is above its compatible resolution. I have tried changing the resolution but it doesn't work. It labels the resolution I put in as "Desktop Mode" and won't let me change the active signal mode....
  6. How do you activate Windows on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do you activate Windows on Windows 10: I have tried activating it with the product key and it said something about connecting to the organization's server. I tried troubleshooting it but to no avail. I would love to get assistance as soon as possible. Thank you...
  7. How do you activate Windows on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you activate Windows on Windows 10: I have tried activating it with the product key and it said something about connecting to the organization's server. I tried troubleshooting it but to no avail. I would love to get assistance as soon as possible. Thank you...
  8. How do you activate Windows on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. How do you have 3 or 4 ACTIVE monitors in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do you have 3 or 4 ACTIVE monitors in Windows 10: This question has been asked, and I have yet to find a suitable answer. I am sure that there are others that are just as frustrated with this, as I am. In Windows 7, I had 4 active monitors, and after upgrading to 10, it will only allow 2 active monitors. The OS sees all...
  10. additional monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    additional monitors: HI I have 2 additional monitors plugged into my laptop, but it is only seeing 1 of them. How can I fix this please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/additional-monitors/45fba952-d375-4eab-a7dc-227270d48c97