Windows 10: How do you add a picture on Win10 signon screen?

Discus and support How do you add a picture on Win10 signon screen? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; In Windows 10, when you power up your computer, your desktop shows your name. Above your name is a place for a picture. How do you add a picture?... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by georgiagurrl, Sep 3, 2019.

1. How do you add a picture on Win10 signon screen?

In Windows 10, when you power up your computer, your desktop shows your name. Above your name is a place for a picture. How do you add a picture?

:)

georgiagurrl, Sep 3, 2019
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Sep 3, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 3, 2019
  4. Argel Obm Win User

How do you add a picture on Win10 signon screen?

Opening screen picture

Hi Sharon,

You can customize the settings of the lock screen and desktop screen background picture in the Pesonalization page of Settings. You can also change the profile picture that you're seeing on the log-in screen in the Accounts page of Settings. Just to clarify,
    are you referring to the desktop screen, the lock screen, or the profile picture of your user account?

To change the background picture of the lock screen, follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Select Personalization.
    • On the left pane, choose Lock screen.
    • Under Choose your picture, you can select from the default list of photos or you can click on
      Browse if you want to select the photo that you want.

You can change the background picture of the desktop by following the same steps above but instead of choosing lock screen, select
    Background.

You can replace the profile picture of your user account by doing these steps:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Select Accounts.
    • On the left pane, choose Your info.
    • Under Create your picture, choose Browse for one to see choose the profile photo that you want.

If you have additional questions, kindly reply to this thread.

Argel Obm, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

How do you add a picture on Win10 signon screen?

1. How do you add a picture on Win10 signon screen? - Similar Threads - add picture Win10

2. How to add tags to pictures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to add tags to pictures: I want to add tags to my pictures in file explorer to separate them in groups. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-tags-to-pictures/72fcb997-7d92-40c4-b7f5-ef656bf23b1d
  3. How to add tags to pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add tags to pictures: I want to add tags to my pictures in file explorer to separate them in groups. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-tags-to-pictures/72fcb997-7d92-40c4-b7f5-ef656bf23b1d
  4. How to add tags to pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 signon screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 signon screen: On the Windows 10 signon screen, just below today's date, I frequently get short "helpful" messages, such as to expect an Amazon delivery today, or that I have a hotel reservation, or a flight reservation today or tomorrow. Where does Windows get this information? I guess I...
  6. How to restore Win10 start screen pictures?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to restore Win10 start screen pictures?: I noticed that my Windows folder was around 21GB over a year ago. I decided to remove much of the bloatware and used the Github debloater. It worked extremely well, removing much of the tracking data and nonsense such as using Edge for pdf files rather than Adobe Acrobat....
  7. How to restore Win10 start screen pictures?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to restore Win10 start screen pictures?: I noticed that my Windows folder was around 21GB over a year ago. I decided to remove much of the bloatware and used the Github debloater. It worked extremely well, removing much of the tracking data and nonsense such as using Edge for pdf files rather than Adobe Acrobat....
  8. how do I add pictures to my start up screen

how do I add pictures to my start up screen: how do I add my pictures to my screen saver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/how-do-i-add-pictures-to-my-start-up-screen/220a0860-2c23-4499-afc8-7d027c38a7c7
  9. How do you edit the pictures in themes

How do you edit the pictures in themes: It used to be in Personalization under themes. It permitted you to open the current theme and edit (add or remove pictures) from the theme. The function seems to have been left out in Windows 10, and was available in previous Windows versions. 10533
  10. Calendar - how do you add an event?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calendar - how do you add an event?: Hi. I open calendar and click on the "+ New Event" button on the top left and... nothing happens. In fact, I can't do anything other than move the view around. What on earth am I doing wrong? Very confused here. *Sad Simon. 17247

Users found this page by searching for:

1. add photo to sign on screen windows 10