Windows 10: How do you adjust desktop scaling differently on two separate monitors

Discus and support How do you adjust desktop scaling differently on two separate monitors in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I see articles all over the web stating that Windows 10 allows you to change the DPI scaling separately on a multiple monitor setup. However, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mywin10, May 20, 2017.

1. mywin10 Win User

How do you adjust desktop scaling differently on two separate monitors

I see articles all over the web stating that Windows 10 allows you to change the DPI scaling separately on a multiple monitor setup. However, my Windows 10 does not. They show screenshots which do not match what I see when I go to the same place. This is what I see:

How do you adjust desktop scaling differently on two separate monitors [​IMG]

When I select the option to change the scaling it switches to another page and clearly states that this will be a change that will happen on every monitor and can't be set individually.
    This is different from what I see in Windows 10 screenshots that explain how to do this. Plus it says that Windows 10 _can_ do this! But not on mine!

:)

mywin10, May 20, 2017
  2. HairyFool Win User

How do I get the text to be the same size on two different monitors?

You have two monitors with significantly different resolutions which in itself will produce different scaling. This is then compounded by the fact that the much larger screen has the lower resolution making the difference even worse. So a 100 pixel square
    block will appear 2.7 times larger on the monitor compared to the display.

This is way outside the range of adjustment of the somewhat rudimentary Windows controls. You can get more out of card specific graphics control utilities such as Catalyst Control Centre (AMD) if available. Even then that may be out of their range. It is
    a peculiarity that laptop displays are available at much higher resolutions that can be readily obtained in monitors.

In this situation you cannot really treat them as one desktop stretched across two displays but as two separate desktops which can interact.

HairyFool, May 20, 2017
  3. Brady23 Win User
    Dual monitors custom settings

so i know how to do the dual monitors and what not. So windows 10 allows you to create multiple desktops- Does windows 10 allow you to run two separate desktops on two different monitors at the same
    time? Essentially having two computers off of one!

Brady23, May 20, 2017
Thema:

How do you adjust desktop scaling differently on two separate monitors

1. How do you adjust desktop scaling differently on two separate monitors - Similar Threads - adjust desktop scaling

2. Two separate users on two different drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two separate users on two different drives: Hello, I have a question about separating user data on windows. Is there a way to allow a member of my family to store all of their user data, downloads, documents, etc. onto a separate drive? Ideally, everything of theirs would be located on this second drive because they...
  3. Two separate users on two different drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two separate users on two different drives: Hello, I have a question about separating user data on windows. Is there a way to allow a member of my family to store all of their user data, downloads, documents, etc. onto a separate drive? Ideally, everything of theirs would be located on this second drive because they...
  4. Different Scaling on two monitors.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different Scaling on two monitors.: Hello, On my new Win11 laptop I am unable to set different scaling on my laptops auxiliary monitor. My laptop is 2560x1600 on a 16" monitor and my aux is 35" on 1980x1080.On 100% scaling, the laptop's test is minuscule almost unreadable, so i set it to 125%.Now, my 35" also...
  5. Different Scaling on two monitors.

Different Scaling on two monitors.: Hello, On my new Win11 laptop I am unable to set different scaling on my laptops auxiliary monitor. My laptop is 2560x1600 on a 16" monitor and my aux is 35" on 1980x1080.On 100% scaling, the laptop's test is minuscule almost unreadable, so i set it to 125%.Now, my 35" also...
  6. How to equalize the scale of monitors with a different resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to equalize the scale of monitors with a different resolution: Hello,I have two monitors a 1440p monitor and a 1080p monitor. They are both the same size and sit next to each other. In the display settings the 1080p monitor is much smaller. Which causes apps to resize when moving them from one monitor to the other and the cursor move...
  7. How to equalize the scale of monitors with a different resolution

How to equalize the scale of monitors with a different resolution: Hello,I have two monitors a 1440p monitor and a 1080p monitor. They are both the same size and sit next to each other. In the display settings the 1080p monitor is much smaller. Which causes apps to resize when moving them from one monitor to the other and the cursor move...
  8. How to equalize the scale of monitors with a different resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Text size (not scaling) adjustment for second monitor?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Text size (not scaling) adjustment for second monitor?: Running 1903, and looking to adjust text size for a laptop's external monitor. The text size slider adjusts the text size only for the main display, no matter what screen is selected before adjustment. Is there any way to adjust text size (not scaling) for individual...
  10. How do I set different DPI scaling for different monitors, and KEEP it

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I set different DPI scaling for different monitors, and KEEP it: I have a Surface Pro 4 running the latest update of Windows10, and a LG Ultrawide monitor. I have set the display settings manually, and I have reviewed them using the regedit -- and everything works fine and I'm happy with the settings: I have the Surface Pro display set...