Windows 10: How do you allow an app on Windows 10?

Discus and support How do you allow an app on Windows 10? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My USB headset isn't working. Windows 10 help says use virus settings and then manage settings, but the latter doesn't exist. Logitech also suggested... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by slk1, Nov 10, 2019.

1. slk1 Win User

How do you allow an app on Windows 10?

My USB headset isn't working. Windows 10 help says use virus settings and then manage settings, but the latter doesn't exist. Logitech also suggested plugging directly into computer without using USB, but I can find no instructions online.

:)

2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Nov 10, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 10, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 10, 2019
Thema:

1. How do you allow an app on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - allow app

2. My laptop wont allow me to open any other app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop wont allow me to open any other app.: Hello, my laptop wont let me open anything such as my settings, my wifi, my volume settings and nothing else will open no matter how many times I click it. Only apps that are already instaled such as google, fox fire, or games open but nothing else will. Ive already tried...
  3. My laptop wont allow me to open any other app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop wont allow me to open any other app.: Hello, my laptop wont let me open anything such as my settings, my wifi, my volume settings and nothing else will open no matter how many times I click it. Only apps that are already instaled such as google, fox fire, or games open but nothing else will. Ive already tried...
  4. How to allow apps that Microsoft doesn't allow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to allow apps that Microsoft doesn't allow: After trying all the suggestions re: Windows running in S mode etc, I can now install VLC. This was by going to Microsoft Store, clicking my profile picture then going to Settings.What I then changed was the item that says "Purchase Sign InWhen I buy from Microsoft Store,...
  5. How to allow apps that Microsoft doesn't allow

How to allow apps that Microsoft doesn't allow: After trying all the suggestions re: Windows running in S mode etc, I can now install VLC. This was by going to Microsoft Store, clicking my profile picture then going to Settings.What I then changed was the item that says "Purchase Sign InWhen I buy from Microsoft Store,...
  6. [Camera App] Audio does not get recorded despite all permissions being allowed and hardware...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Camera App] Audio does not get recorded despite all permissions being allowed and hardware...: When I try to record a video via the camera app, the audio does not get recorded. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-app-audio-does-not-get-recorded-despite-all/57e88e08-bba3-45df-ae49-70af9fafde08
  7. [Camera App] Audio does not get recorded despite all permissions being allowed and hardware...

[Camera App] Audio does not get recorded despite all permissions being allowed and hardware...: When I try to record a video via the camera app, the audio does not get recorded. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-app-audio-does-not-get-recorded-despite-all/57e88e08-bba3-45df-ae49-70af9fafde08
  8. I need help with allowing apps access to microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with allowing apps access to microphone: Not able to find out how to access to microphone in games, my plug in headphones with microphone work on computer just not in games and I’ve already to to allow access to the apps through microphone > privacy > allow access then it says choose apps to allow microphone access...
  9. I need help with allowing apps access to microphone

I need help with allowing apps access to microphone: Not able to find out how to access to microphone in games, my plug in headphones with microphone work on computer just not in games and I’ve already to to allow access to the apps through microphone > privacy > allow access then it says choose apps to allow microphone access...
  10. Allow an app through firewall is grayed out.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Allow an app through firewall is grayed out.: I am trying to allow an app through my firewall but when I go to the settings the options are all grayed out and I can't figure out why. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/allow-an-app-through-firewall-is-grayed-out/d47ccb51-c94f-4218-9e7e-393ce15aa1ca